Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Finally made the plunge and bought a pair of Ice hockey skates. Being a roller hockey player for the past 15 years, I always hesitated to hit the ice. Now, I have a pair of Vapor X70's sitting in my room begging to be used! Friday will be my first time on the ice ever!

• Like 1

Finally made the plunge and bought a pair of Ice hockey skates. Being a roller hockey player for the past 15 years, I always hesitated to hit the ice. Now, I have a pair of Vapor X70's sitting in my room begging to be used! Friday will be my first time on the ice ever!

Very cool! I remember making the transition back to ice hockey (started ice, then played roller for awhile, then went back to ice) and it's odd at first. Takes a little getting used too, but once you do it's way more addicting. My current ice hockey team used to be all roller hockey guys. Good luck!

First time ever on ice last night, spent two hours straight. Got some speed up, got comfortable stopping with each foot out in front of me, got some crossovers in and had ONE solid two footed stop. Didn't fall once! This is going to get addictive. Feeling like three or four more open skates and I will be comfortable enough to hit an open hockey

You're a step ahead of me, I can't stop with two feet :)

I spent about a half hour just getting one foot out in front of me and shaving ice to stop, then I decided to just try to get the back skate to slide too. I got into a real low hockey stance (figuring if I fell, i'd have less distance to fall lol), put my right foot out in front and started shaving, and then slowly turned my back skate outward until it was shaving ice as well.

I may not get this 'sweet spot' this year...We're pretty bad!

Haha well this is only our 2nd year playing as a group, and we won like 4 of 18 last year. We've got a couple of people who've either never played softball, or only played for one year so far. We're pretty decent, all things considered, it's just the other teams in the division are quite a bit more decent. ;) Good luck to your team.

We're a beer drinking team with a softball problem!

I'm not sure we have the drinking part quite down, either, though one of our umps has suggested he can be bribed with Captain Morgan...

One of the airplanes I was flying last week just landed with the landing gear up. No injuries to anyone involved and no paperwork for me.

Sent a broken shaft in to CCM/Reebok in early January. Figured it didn't qualify for warranty until a new CS showed up two weeks ago. Slow, but nice.

Part 1: Was supposed to have jury duty today, but called the number last night and found out I was no longer called to report.

See the Venting thread for Part 2. :mad:

A man that works at Starbucks at my college always gives me and my girlfriend a size larger drink than we order. I don't know why he likes us but my girlfriend seems to think it's because we're an interracial couple haha. Either way I get big drinks and it makes me happy. If only bartenders were as nice as this guy.

Edited by Crossen463

Maybe you just can't keep their ridiculous sizing nomenclature staright and are consistently ordering and paying for a size larger than you mean to. :wink: