Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I pitched 3 innings today agiainst the team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year, through 5 strike outs, and I let up one run. We won 14-10.

• Like 1

Got a call today from an old coach to play in the DI division at NARCh Finals in Toronto (The top Roller Hockey tournament around), which means I will be playing against some of the best players in the world. While I am extremely excited, I am also very nervous, as I haven't quite played at this level before. I think the most humbling part of the entire moment was the fact that someone had enough confidence in my game to give me the opportunity. Really makes me feel good, as I consistently doubt myself/put myself down.

Being called "Cool, calm and collected" really put a huge grin on my face.

Edited by kovalchuk71

Well guys...

null-4.jpg

null-5.jpg

I recently got engaged to my girlfriend of two years. To anyone that has met her at the last two WFs you know how special of a girl she is. She is my best friend and I could not possibly be happier. She helped pull me out of an existence anchored in a pretty dark place. Wedding date is 05/10/2014, and I cannot wait.

It took a few weeks to get this news posted here... Between work, class, hockey, wedding plans, and general stupid amounts of happiness I have not had much time to post here.

• Like 7

congrats, just remember that no woman is sane in the weeks and months leading up to the wedding. She should return to normal afterwards.

Not if you do it like we did, our's was on the beach of Disney's island in the Bahamas during a 4 night cruise. The guest list was "this is what we're doing and we understand if you can't do it" to all friends and family. The wedding planning was filling out a questionaire.

congrats, just remember that no woman is sane in the weeks and months leading up to the wedding. She should return to normal afterwards.

After 27 years of marriage and 30 years being together I might have to argue that...Same crazy, just different things now

Got a call today from an old coach to play in the DI division at NARCh Finals in Toronto (The top Roller Hockey tournament around), which means I will be playing against some of the best players in the world. While I am extremely excited, I am also very nervous, as I haven't quite played at this level before. I think the most humbling part of the entire moment was the fact that someone had enough confidence in my game to give me the opportunity. Really makes me feel good, as I consistently doubt myself/put myself down.

Being called "Cool, calm and collected" really put a huge grin on my face.

When are you going to be up there? SummerJam is the same weekend as NARCh Pro.

Joey - eh, that's old news!

Just kidding - you know how I feel about you two...congrats!

When are you going to be up there? SummerJam is the same weekend as NARCh Pro.

Joey - eh, that's old news!

Just kidding - you know how I feel about you two...congrats!

Unfortunately, I will be leaving on July 25th.....Have a final to take the next day LOL. I play from July 18th-24th.

Had a thoroughly great birthday with friends yesterday, picnic, swimming in the ocean, and breakfast for dinner, plus new art supplies and cake. Will celebrate with family tonight.

Good awesome things are happening lately to me and i love it. My son turned 1 year old, i got promoted at work, and was approached by BASE hockey to get fitted for a stick so i can do a review.

At work i wasnt certified at work to speak in spanish, i went off on an interpreter at work.

"Tell the patient i cant help her because she doesnt qualify, by a long shot i have another idea but can't say it will work"

Interpreter says to the lady that i guarantee to fix her issue.

i Yell at the interpreter and they hang up on me, i call em back they hang up, so i turn to my boss and say never again. i start talking directly to patients in spanish. Two weeks ago a pretty higher up person came up to me and asked if i was the one who refuses to use interpreters, i say yes and grab my backpack thinking i'm fired and she says "congratulations we're basing our spanish program around you and how you interpreted everything. You will be compensated, become a higher level patient advisor, and get a raise, and better benefits.

Man i love my job, i can help people!

Good awesome things are happening lately to me and i love it. My son turned 1 year old, i got promoted at work, and was approached by BASE hockey to get fitted for a stick so i can do a review.

At work i wasnt certified at work to speak in spanish, i went off on an interpreter at work.

"Tell the patient i cant help her because she doesnt qualify, by a long shot i have another idea but can't say it will work"

Interpreter says to the lady that i guarantee to fix her issue.

i Yell at the interpreter and they hang up on me, i call em back they hang up, so i turn to my boss and say never again. i start talking directly to patients in spanish. Two weeks ago a pretty higher up person came up to me and asked if i was the one who refuses to use interpreters, i say yes and grab my backpack thinking i'm fired and she says "congratulations we're basing our spanish program around you and how you interpreted everything. You will be compensated, become a higher level patient advisor, and get a raise, and better benefits.

Man i love my job, i can help people!

Wow...be thankful you work for a company that recognizes ability/initiative and skill. Lots say they do, but there aren't many that ACTUALLY do!

Congrats.

Beat my personal best time in the pool (500 yards breaststroke - I usually swim two sets of 500, not competitive, just an ordinary workout) by nearly a minute and finally pummeled the time to under 15 minutes. 14:19:13. :laugh:

Wow, congrats. There isn't an endurance sport much more exhausting than swimming. You use just about every muscle in your body it feels like.

Thanks! I swam competitively when I was a kid, and I've always been really comfortable in the water, but I've only recently begun to really get back into doing laps and the like. Next big goal (aside from shaving my time down further) is doing a pool mile. :)

Went to a Blue Jays game today. Got selected to play one of their between innings games and won a Honda lawnmower. Apparently, the thing is worth over $600. Could it be...I'll actually WANT to cut the grass?!?!?

Ran a "fun" run 5k on Saturday. Most of our hockey team got together and ran it with some friends/wives. Even had team shirts made up as we used our hockey team name to sign up. Was a good time and had a lot of fun. It definitely got me back to wanting to run some more 5k and 8k races.

f2no.jpg

Bought myself a Vintage 57' Spec Gibson Les Paul Historic Reissue Goldtop. My first Les Paul of my life. Geek out.

Every guitar player needs a goldtop, the R7s are nice . Congrats/

I just got a box that does pitch correction and vocal effects. Some of the practice features are going to help me out quite a bit.

Sold a bass on craigslist, took that cash and traded in my Ibanez Destroyer and got a new Telecaster thinline. It's nice to sell off things you don't use and get something new.