Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

We have guitarists here? I should hangout in the off discussions more often. I have been doing guitar work on the side for myself for a bit of time now, since I was about 18. Built a couple of my own too, maybe I'll post pics if I remember. I've also had the pleasure of being able to hangout at a friend's shop where I have seen and heard some guitars that would make your headspin.

But if any MSH member needs some guitar work done I would be happy to do it and I would give a discount to members. I don't want to say too much as I know the forums may have rules about this, as I'm technically pimping my "business" but good guitar work is hard to find.

Also chadd, look up bcr music (i believe that's the name) they're right outside Harrisburg and are a great shop, their work is phenominal as well. Speaking to Greg there will really brighten any musicians day.

We have guitarists here? I should hangout in the off discussions more often. I have been doing guitar work on the side for myself for a bit of time now, since I was about 18. Built a couple of my own too, maybe I'll post pics if I remember. I've also had the pleasure of being able to hangout at a friend's shop where I have seen and heard some guitars that would make your headspin.

But if any MSH member needs some guitar work done I would be happy to do it and I would give a discount to members. I don't want to say too much as I know the forums may have rules about this, as I'm technically pimping my "business" but good guitar work is hard to find.

Also chadd, look up bcr music (i believe that's the name) they're right outside Harrisburg and are a great shop, their work is phenominal as well. Speaking to Greg there will really brighten any musicians day.

I've known Greg since I moved here in the late 90s. I was just in the shop last week but he rarely has anything that I want anymore. He's a top notch tech and his repairs are out of this world. When I got out of radio, I spent a year or so fixing guitars and amps, I miss it at times. That's probably why I always have a project on the bench.

We have a couple topics on musical stuff, I'll bump one up.

Had the best game I've ever played tonight. Getting a goal in the first period was the least of it, too! I had at least 3-4 more chances, was skating well, no pain, not tired. Made some really good passes and didn't rush decisions when I got the puck.

Helps when you're playing in the right division skill-wise and you have team mates who actually pass you the puck.

I was seriously considering hanging em up after last season. It had stopped being fun. Now I'm having a blast, and on a team of guys I really like, who actually go do things together. We're playing on Staples Center ice in two weeks before a Kings game!

My wifes dad just won the Princess Margaret early bird lottery, free Leafs and Raptors season tickets for the year! As well as $1500 for the missed Leaf home games so far, might as well put that towards a condo downtown!

Couldn't post at the time, but while camping over Columbus Day weekend I caught the biggest trout (or fish, in general) I've ever caught. 13 1/2 inch rainbow trout. Not sure how much it weighed, my dad figured 3 pounds. :biggrin:

Doing some really good things on my wrister. Getting the FULL drag/sweep down, from heel til the very tip of my toe, even when in motion. It's producing a very strong shot. I can't recall the last time I saw someone take a harder wrister. On the other hand, my slapper has gone downhill but hey, ya can't have it all, right?

Edited by gxc999

been working in pro hockey since the beginning of the season. first road trip on a team charter tomorrow (NYR on monday).

might be getting a chance to play some pickup games at the bell centre, so ordered some new gear and gonna work on my hands and skating a bit to shake the rust off.

Had the best game I've ever played tonight. Getting a goal in the first period was the least of it, too! I had at least 3-4 more chances, was skating well, no pain, not tired. Made some really good passes and didn't rush decisions when I got the puck.

Helps when you're playing in the right division skill-wise and you have team mates who actually pass you the puck.

I was seriously considering hanging em up after last season. It had stopped being fun. Now I'm having a blast, and on a team of guys I really like, who actually go do things together. We're playing on Staples Center ice in two weeks before a Kings game!

my folks live out in san marcos and I head over there 1-2 times a year. next time I'm there we ll go shoot some puck or something

Since cracking the blade in my custom widow a couple weeks ago, I have gone back to my XN10 shafts the last two games. Tonight, I grabbed the one I used last week and the blade felt loose, so I grabbed the other one. I completely forgot that it wasn't the same curve. With a minute to go in the game, I realized that it was the one with an Andy Delmore pro blade and not my retail Vanek curve. You may be wondering why this isn't in the venting spot, 1G and 2A, that's why.

Getting a big bonus from the sale of the company I work for. Woo.

Hopefully said sale of company doesn't end up in the venting spot in the future.

Hopefully said sale of company doesn't end up in the venting spot in the future.

It already could be, rather the company we've been sold to. But the bonus is nice and makes it suck a lot less! :)

I'm not familiar with this thing you speak of! A "bonus" it is called???

LOL, really. The world is amazing. My wife's cousin has a management-level job in the "high rollers" division of a very large bank. She just got some sort of promotion that came with a bump in salary and apparently an increased annual bonus. So now her bonus is equal to my annual salary. And while I don't make a huge amount of money by any means, I'm not flipping burgers for minimum wage either. I guess this really belongs in the moan zone.

Edited by McDugan

The only bonus I've ever got in radio was when the Company was sold a few years back. Basically it worked out to $200 for every year of service...I got $800...but it was taxed (heavily) I think I came away with just over $450.

Heh well this was more of a retention bonus. "Please stay with the company at least until it gets sold and we'll give you a small % of the money from the sale".

Beyond that, our bonuses aren't too bad. Mostly certification based. $5k base salary raise for expert-level (CCIE, JNCIE, etc), and $1-3k cash bonus for lower level certifications (CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, etc).

My last job was a quarterly utlilization bonus. Sounds great until you consider your base is much less. Eg. would you rather work for 100k + 10-40k in bonus (potential for $140k) or would you rather just make 120k base salary with no bonus? Hard to say which is better.

That could buy a lot of jerseys......

Hah, I just got my team jersey (as an add-on, we only had four made for the new guys - not a new order), so luckily I won't need jerseys made for quite a while.