Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Bought a used headset on ebay for $500 less than a new one, and it turned out to have a small crack. Took it in, and got a brand new one for a warranty replacement. Even better, they let me have a replacement with the connectors I needed, so I didn't have to use an adapter any more.

So I got a new headset of a type I'd always wanted, but never would have bought at a new price.

• Like 1

Bought a used headset on ebay for $500 less than a new one, and it turned out to have a small crack. Took it in, and got a brand new one for a warranty replacement. Even better, they let me have a replacement with the connectors I needed, so I didn't have to use an adapter any more.

So I got a new headset of a type I'd always wanted, but never would have bought at a new price.

David Clark's?

Bose A20, used had the U174 plug, new replacement had the dual GA plugs. Half hour drive to the Bose store made it easy.

Should be nice for trips and CFI stuff.

The current store I work at is moving to a new location and we are getting brand new everything. Yesterday my manager asked if I could come in and set up the new skate machine. We have a brand new Blackstone triple head machine with the revolver system, new jigs, new shaper system, new spinners, etc. It is really nice being able to use everything that is brand new, and the revolver system seems pretty sweet. Once I got everything set up I brought my skates in to put a 11' radius on them and a slight forward pitch. The machine was great to use, super smooth, and my skates felt awesome at my game last night.

I'm not familiar with this thing you speak of! A "bonus" it is called???

GaGa.. its called schmoozing with celebs and access to events and tickets for you :P

Haha...not so many celebs in recent memory. Meet n' Greets are getting harder and harder to come by. But, I did go a little more than a decade without paying for Concert tickets or AHL Games.

Haha...not so many celebs in recent memory. Meet n' Greets are getting harder and harder to come by. But, I did go a little more than a decade without paying for Concert tickets or AHL Games.

That's just about the thing I miss most about radio. I saw a ton of concerts and only paid for two.

At the rink after stick & puck last night, I happened to notice that one of the kids playing in the game after was one of the kids I'd coached last year. So proud to see him. Nice to see the kids going on to bigger and better things.

• Like 1

early morning (6:30AM) shinny at the Bell Centre today. obviously a fantastic experience. Ice was great. The lighting actually make the puck look like it's moving slower than it is, which took some adjusting. First time playing in full equipment in two years, so no problem keeping shifts short because I was constantly gassed...

we also got to wear Habs' practice jerseys

1471276_10151827226609821_185842774_n.jp

• Like 1

early morning (6:30AM) shinny at the Bell Centre today. obviously a fantastic experience. Ice was great. The lighting actually make the puck look like it's moving slower than it is, which took some adjusting. First time playing in full equipment in two years, so no problem keeping shifts short because I was constantly gassed...

we also got to wear Habs' practice jerseys

1471276_10151827226609821_185842774_n.jp

NICE! Nothing like playing on NHL ice. We played at Staples a few weeks ago. Had a hard time paying attention to the game, just because I was too busy looking around in awe! The ice was like GLASS!

AHL and ECHL teams playing day games for school "field trips" in an effort to bring young fans into the game!

Wow, that's actually a FANTASTIC idea. All AHL and ECHL teams, or just a select few?

AHL and ECHL teams playing day games for school "field trips" in an effort to bring young fans into the game!

cool idea for sure. would think that many schools would be interested in either doing something science or phys ed related. maybe something worth looking into....

NICE! Nothing like playing on NHL ice. We played at Staples a few weeks ago. Had a hard time paying attention to the game, just because I was too busy looking around in awe! The ice was like GLASS!

kind of shocking how much my legs and lungs burned considering I've been training 10-15 hours a week in the past 2 years in tennis. still sore the day after. scored five-hole coming down the wing but probably should have had 2-3 more considering the number of shots I had. lots of stuff to work on

but still, cant complain about lighting the lamp in an nhl building...

Edited by thejackal

cool idea for sure. would think that many schools would be interested in either doing something science or phys ed related. maybe something worth looking into....

The Senators do something like this, where they have a curriculum of hockey/Sens related activities/lessons for different subject areas (science, math, etc).

I agree it sounds like a great opportunity for practical, hands-on cross-curricular stuff. So much going on at a professional (or even collegiate) game that you could tie in. Math, science, phys ed, English (write about going to the rink, write a 'news article' about the game), heck, cooking (if you think arena food qualifies as food)...

It's a pretty regular occurence in the AHL. Our (Hamilton Bulldogs) School Day game is tomorrow at 10am. I think we have a agme in Syracuse later this year that is a mid week/non holiday 11am start. Crowd should be in excess of 10k.

They (the school boards) cut my playlist considerably from last year. No rock. They still want pop music that kids like...but they've requested that nothing that references drinking or partying and no sexual references at all, even the veiled ones. They were upset that I played a clip of "Whistle" by Flo-Rida last year. One school even turned down the invite this year. Now, I'm sure teenagers might get it, but you'd have to tell a 10 year old what that song is really about.

So, it will be lots of Taylor Swift, Bieber, Selena Gomez...and organ music with clap beats to get the crowd going.

btw...Ylvis "The Fox" is on the MUST PLAY list!

Not sure what will happen if there is a fight.

• Like 1

Oh, I've got stuff to play....I've got Smashmouth's version of "Why Can't We Be Friends". My buddy suggested "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" from Lion King. Bad Boys is good too...

I know the schools are hoping for no fights.

• Like 1

I've been working my ass off lately and have a few days off. I can't believe how much better I feel after a day off.

• Like 3

Hopefully said sale of company doesn't end up in the venting spot in the future.

Well that didn't take long... I'm out. But at least the new NEW company is pretty awesome and worth posting about in the sweet spot thread :D

First day is Dec 2.

The local association's Learn to Play started this past weekend ... so happy to be coaching again. :biggrin: Even somehow got roped into an extra hour of coaching another association's LTP kids last Saturday! (They had 20-some young kids and one coach, I was at the rink early and was asked to help.) Looking forward to rest of LTP's season.