Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Here's how you know you found a good woman:

I made plans a couple weeks ago to go to the Habs/Sabres game tonight, which happens to be my second anniversary with my GF. Not only is not in the least bit upset...she said if she found out that I had skipped the game for our Anniversary, she would have been even more pissed off with me.

We went out for dinner Saturday to celebrate.

After a long hiatus from formal singing (as in, I stopped around 8th grade, and I'm 27 now), I decided to join my local church's choir a few weeks ago. Today was the church's annual 'music sunday' which is what it says on the tin, and the centerpiece of the service today was Vivaldi's Gloria. The whole program was so much fun to sing, and the Vivaldi with orchestral accompaniment was absolutely beautiful and we all got a standing ovation from the congregation. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, and I certainly still need practice, but I got through it was only a few cracks in the voice and had a grand time. What a way to jump back into something!

• Like 2

After a long hiatus from formal singing (as in, I stopped around 8th grade, and I'm 27 now), I decided to join my local church's choir a few weeks ago. Today was the church's annual 'music sunday' which is what it says on the tin, and the centerpiece of the service today was Vivaldi's Gloria. The whole program was so much fun to sing, and the Vivaldi with orchestral accompaniment was absolutely beautiful and we all got a standing ovation from the congregation. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, and I certainly still need practice, but I got through it was only a few cracks in the voice and had a grand time. What a way to jump back into something!

Congrats! I grew up singing in choirs and went to college and grad school studying classical voice. n fact the conflict bewtween Sunday AM choir and Sunday AM hockey (second to cost) was a huge factor in my leaving the game behind as a kid. Although I guess I made the right call - I still do some professional singing locally when I have time, and I'm close to the field working in arts-management as my full-time day job. Nobody was ever going to pay me to play hockey. :wink:

It's really cool to see someone else with an appreciation for both of these things - it's a rare occurrence!

• Like 2

Congrats! I grew up singing in choirs and went to college and grad school studying classical voice. n fact the conflict bewtween Sunday AM choir and Sunday AM hockey (second to cost) was a huge factor in my leaving the game behind as a kid. Although I guess I made the right call - I still do some professional singing locally when I have time, and I'm close to the field working in arts-management as my full-time day job. Nobody was ever going to pay me to play hockey. :wink:

It's really cool to see someone else with an appreciation for both of these things - it's a rare occurrence!

Haha, I don't think anybody's going to pay me to play hockey or to sing! And I did worry if Sunday service/choir would conflict with coaching ... fortunately it doesn't. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get back into choral singing but apparently, all those years of music education in school have stuck with me, and it's been easier than I thought. A lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve, the next 'big' service to prepare for. :)

• Like 2

Won the club championship in my first season curling :) Obviously it was all my teammates, but it was nice to at least not be a liability :)

Edit: Received this bad boy. My first trophy since I was 17! haha

KRI8O3ll.png

Edited by OptimusReim

Played drop-in at the local rink and there were enough people for 2 on each bench, when it's often been 3 on 3 or 4 on 4.

Played pond hockey with my youngest daughter, our friends, and several of her squirt teammates and their dads yesterday.

I was too tired to play more drop-in last night. No complaints. Life is good!!

Went to my first Eagles game last night. Not only was it an amazing game, I ended up in a suite on the 45-yard line by halftime sitting next to a billionaire.

Amazing experience, but I felt like I was living Kevin Hart's "Stay In Your Financial Lane" speech haha.

(NSFW language)

Went to my first Eagles game last night.

Is football more exciting in person? I imagine it would be, but I've never been to a game just because of how slow it is on TV

Is football more exciting in person? I imagine it would be, but I've never been to a game just because of how slow it is on TV

Definitely. I never expected it to be that crazy in person. It's a whole new experience, and the atmosphere is totally different than going to a hockey game.

Now I mean, the Eagles won so of course everyone was amped up and in an awesome mood, would be curious to see how it is during a loss.

Edited by EBondo

Not for me, it's almost painful to watch. Then again, I don't get caught up in the emotion of the group, that could have something to do with it. The last couple football games I went to ended up making me sad for the human race. I heard and saw some utterly despicable things from people.

• Like 1