Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Now I mean, the Eagles won so of course everyone was amped up and in an awesome mood, would be curious to see how it is during a loss.

Speaking from experience, it ain't pretty.

• Like 1

Spent Christmas in Ottawa as the extended family are all still in Europe. Took the kids to see their first NHL game (and our first in season game) as the Sens beat the Penguins 5-0.

Was a complete surprise for them and the look on their faces (especially my sons) was fantastic. Well worth keeping it a secret.

• Like 3

The inline hockey club that I helped start up have got our first tournament invite , nearly 10 years since my last competitive game it'll be cool to skate out with the lads and lasses at our club knowing that this time last year some of them hadn't even heard of hockey . We'll probably be totally outclassed and be on the wrong end of some crazy scorelines but hell I can't wait it'll be a fkin excellent weekend.

Edited by Nosferatu
  • Like 2

The guy I had on the chopping block put in his 2 weeks' notice today. Phew!! Win for him; he didn't get fired. Win for him; he found another job. Win for the company and me; he's gone of his own volition!

• Like 1

The guy I had on the chopping block put in his 2 weeks' notice today. Phew!! Win for him; he didn't get fired. Win for him; he found another job. Win for the company and me; he's gone of his own volition!

Good thing he didn't ask you for a recommendation :laugh:

Its always funny hearing from people that left the company try to get back in after about 6 months to a year....

Might just might have a line on a job. Not full time or anything, but work is work. Now just wondering what kind of sacrifice I have to perform for the fickle Employment Gods to smile on me...

• Like 2

First time ever scoring in consecutive games! I believe they refer to that as a "streak".. lol. I'm gonna enjoy that for the short while it will last...

Started working out again roughly two weeks ago after just getting too lazy, have lost 9 pounds so far! Still a long way to go until I'm happy but this is an awesome start.

• Like 1

I had to cancel a guys' trip to Southern California early next month.

Why is this in the Sweet Spot? Canceled because we've been invited to a huge project interview and I won't have to miss my girls' hockey games!

• Like 1

FINALLY found out why my shots were coming off "fat". My sticks have been torquing too much (I have been using a 65), which caused the shaft to twist and the puck to come off fat. Moved to a 77 Bauer and haven't had the problem since. So happy.

I am 175lbs, so I probably shouldn't have been using 65's in the first place.

Edited by kovalchuk71

FINALLY found out why my shots were coming off "fat". My sticks have been torquing too much (I have been using a 65), which caused the shaft to twist and the puck to come off fat. Moved to a 77 Bauer and haven't had the problem since. So happy.

I am 175lbs, so I probably shouldn't have been using 65's in the first place.

I'm 240 and use a 70, so it's not just about weight :)