Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Vapor

Photos of yourself

Those both sound pretty weird. All the ones I've ever played at are NHL style. Benches on one side, penalty boxes and scorekeepers box on the other.

Thinking about it, it might be a space constraint issue. A lot of the rinks here are your basic quonset hut over an ice sheet design (or, a box over an ice sheet). Players/scorekeeps on one side, spectators on the other. Or, in at least one rink, players/scorekeeps/spectators on one side, and a wall on the other:

ice2l.jpg

Huh. Which two do you play at? None of the rinks I've ever been to in San Diego DON'T have glassed-in penalty boxes.

I'm thinking glass above the door so you can't jump out. I play at UTC and played at the Kroc.

Edited by .am

Thinking about it, it might be a space constraint issue. A lot of the rinks here are your basic quonset hut over an ice sheet design (or, a box over an ice sheet). Players/scorekeeps on one side, spectators on the other. Or, in at least one rink, players/scorekeeps/spectators on one side, and a wall on the other:

ice2l.jpg

This rink kind of reminds me of one of the rinks at Pierre Fon Due gles quad Ices (or whatever that place is called) in Montreal

Played a tourney up there..... in 2008 I think

This rink kind of reminds me of one of the rinks at Pierre Fon Due gles quad Ices (or whatever that place is called) in Montreal

Played a tourney up there..... in 2008 I think

That's Hockeytown in Saugus. The photo makes it look a lot nicer than Hockeytown looks in person.

Hockeytown Saugus is where we play when the Hockey Gods are angered and we are being punished. And to make it legit, here's a photo of me (albeit in my first year playing) at Saugus:

1923264_503977837769_4892_n.jpg?oh=14c0a

• Like 1

hockey academy huh?

I played 2 seasons of that in the past...mixed bag

I played once in Saugus (1st year playing) and twice in Newton a few years ago. The novice league in Newton was a bit of a crapshoot, they'd gotten rid of the B/C "primetime" level and so a bunch of B players dropped down to D. I could walk to the rink, though, so I was willing to deal with it.

Tournament 2 weeks ago(her girls team played in a boys division) my little one getting run into the boards... PS called, unfortunately she was dinged and couldn't take it.

Sequence of run into boards -

image.jpg2_zpshdupeebd.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsxtcirjpk.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsai12wwan.jpg

image.jpg5_zps27jzlbyv.jpg

Opposing players dad wanted him thrown.... I was in the bench and they were asking out loud if they could run a kid related to his dad in the stands....

And my last shot of the season for my son this year with the Skatin' Utes. Was just a scrimmage before Nationals... Solid season for the boys, he didn't get much ice time, but had a few points and loved the team, learned a lot.

image.jpg1_zpsevzhy3bh.jpg

Edited by EJB
  • Like 2

That kid in the back has got one sweet stache.

Last game of the travel season for the boys, everyone had a 'stache to put on, if they wanted. Sort of a tradition(did it last year as well). My daughter had one on for a few minutes, but said it distracted her and pulled it. All three coaches had them on as well....

image.jpg1_zpsgnoaf6tf.jpg

Edited by EJB
  • Like 3

We have that same damn stand-up cutout at our rink and I swear I keep looking up and thinking its somebody there to pass to.

Yeah this was at the East West Ice Arena near LA. I'm guessing you're referring to the same cutout that is at the rink in Escondido?

Yeah this was at the East West Ice Arena near LA. I'm guessing you're referring to the same cutout that is at the rink in Escondido?

haha yup. Drives me nuts.

Most of my college hockey misadventures... Some aren't so recent, but still a chronicle of my time in hockey while in college...

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/Kent_Sloan/69005_10200451947934547_360969167_n_zpsn2j999ol.jpgI looked terrible in this game.. I wasn't 100%, was coming off a really bad cold..

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/Kent_Sloan/521610_10200452261702391_775655683_n_zpsv6grqgt1.jpgStill scored the game winner though. :)

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/Kent_Sloan/1926711_732378820119364_1304595550_n_zpsawlfan0b.jpgI did some profiles for our university's team to help out one of my friends for a photography class (I kind of dislike this photo, as I was about 20 pounds overweight at the time this was taken..

And finally: http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/Kent_Sloan/64765_959072190773561_6164975838747566986_n_zpsnovevw8r.jpgMost recent, this was from the Kansas State Invitational

• Like 1

Our "Not-so-Elite" team from a C-level tourney in May.

First tourney for four of our players, first coed for 3 of the gals, too.

File%20Jun%2001%2010%2009%2052%20AM_zpsq

Another from an intermediate level tourney this past weekend:

11281581_1453763614933873_668385338_o_zp

We placed 3rd. I had 2 goals, 3 assists, no penalty minutes! ;)

• Like 5

Got to skate at the Pepsi Center a few months ago. Check out the tendy's sweet setup.

6kd7w1wl.jpg

Your goalie's gear is stupendously nice. Is that a Protechsport mask he's wearing? The chin and forehead profiles look familiar, and given the Roy connection, it would make sense. (Though it's clearly not a Roy shell.)