Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Vapor

Photos of yourself

Is it just me or can everybody else not see these pics?

l_88743de6b23142338dae1105cdca49d9.jpg

Waiting for the drill to start... not the best quality

Prac1.jpg

Shooting during practice... I know my head is down.. I was walking the blue like and taking a shot.. But when I took the shot my head goes up.

1.jpg

Cutting to the middle. puck is on my backhand

Edited by RadioGaGa

Raganblink, the competition was pretty good all in all. There were a few teams that shouldn't have been out there but other than that, everyone was pretty good. Ice wasn't the best though. But that's what you get when it's a pond.

ddbowdoin- Great tournament, well-organized, and a helluva lot of fun.

I hate to say this but I would have to disagree... fun, yes but other than that it was a little frustrating out there.

What I would do for 2011

1.) for 500 bucks a team I'd expect the tournament to hire more ATV's with those super fast street cleaner brushes to clean the ice after every game. I watched one clean one of the rinks at the end of the day in 5 minutes tops, so if you have 4 of those machines you could have cleared 7 rinks between the days. If not that, at least wider shovels that are meant for pushing snow. The ice was terrible and moving the puck just became a pain. Cracks are inevitable, but the snow was just avoidable.

2.) this was by far my biggest pet peave... the "volunteers". My team was selected off the waitlist for the Just for Fun Division and as a captain I received the email highlighting the rules of the tourney. The biggest one was GOALTENDING. I can see someone dropping and making a save but it clearly stated that you could not remain stationary in front of the net. Being in the last division (as we're in our 20's and it was that or the open) we faced some weak teams and one unreal team. We went 2-2 losing the last game 3-2 because they kept dropping people into the crease (2 people) and just standing in front of the goal box. You couldn't score in that foot by six inch slot with traffic and someone just standing there. I don't know how many times I asked our 20 something year old girl volunteer to pay attention... it def took away from the tournament. I wanted that damn Lablatt trophy!

I would have let a nice slapper go if they kept blocking it...i'm assuming you were probably not allowed to shot slap shots either?

yeah, no slap shots. Since we got off the waitlist we only had the choice of that division so I felt bad because they were not skilled players. They were just ignorant but I clearly was upset and yelled very often. Didnt change though!

dolomaster83, how tall are you? almost as tall as the glass. wow!

here's me and my son, during his first time on ice. he went for the hockey stick right away!

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

Great shots - gotta love #83 cheering you on as you were finishing the guy off.

I'm sure it's come up before, but are you a native or an import?

edit: nm, looked it up for myself.

One other question, though - where does the ENL fit in relative to the EPIHL?

Im classed as a british player.

ENL falls below the EPIHL. These shots are from the EPIHL, although im a two way contract with an ENL side.

The leagues are;

Elite Ice Hockey League (yeah right)

English Premier Ice Hockey League

English National League Division 1

English National League Division 2

2323232327Ffp63284nu32745925WSNRCG3.jpg

New Uni's for this season.

I am pretty self-conscious about that left leg. I don't think it effects my skating. I do suffer from issues doing cross overs left over right though. Hopefully its just poor technique.

love the jerseys, not a fan of the sleeve roll though, i find it only looks good with the elbow pad showing underneath.

You've almost convinced me to buy those 8K pros! haha