Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Vapor

Photos of yourself

That's some serious game-face

Yeah. It's always fun to see what type of faces any player makes in the middle of play. I couldn't tell if I was pushing a block of ice or the puck at the time.

Haha I hear you man. I don't know how many otherwise good actions shots I've managed to make ridiculous because I stick my tongue out when I play.

I've noticed I do that as well when I'm lugging the puck up ice on an end to end rush.

Yeah. It's always fun to see what type of faces any player makes in the middle of play. I couldn't tell if I was pushing a block of ice or the puck at the time.

5210_1110624895788_1531830305_30411727_5982432_n.jpg

I still laugh at this one. I just hope I'm not constantly making that face.

That dude's gear does not seem that old and I see cat eye cages quite often with older players.

What the heck is that guy in the yellow socks doing? Is he leaving?

Haha, I thought the same thing the first time I saw that picture. No two guys on the ice are looking at the same thing. It almost looks like there must be multiple pucks on the ice.

Couple summer league shots from last night.

38856_454423212533_726377533_6571289_4807596_n.jpg

38856_454423227533_726377533_6571292_226130_n.jpg

This one should actually go in the "Venting" thread. Drilled the post after receiving a sweet sauce pass. Hit the post so hard the puck ended up at the top of the other circle and sent the other team off on an odd man rush... :facepalm:

38856_454423207533_726377533_6571288_7083776_n.jpg

Few of me from the MSH Summer Jam; demo pads and gloves courtesy of Tim Schultz at Reebok; pics courtesy of the gracious jds and fasmiele. What's kind of cool is that they're all mid-action shots - there isn't one of a set pre-shot stance, everything's sort of mid-movement.

dsc0404ow.jpg

dsc0231s.jpg

mshto007.jpg

dsc9768i.jpg

Love the Turco graphics, and (not too keen on goalie gear) I assume the Turco breaks! That stick is very clean looking as well.

Yep, those are in, Reebok-parlance, 'Turco-breaks' - which is really just shorthand for 'breaks in the vertical roll above and below the knee'. You may note, however, that with the way I have them strapped those breaks mean nothing: I put the two knee-straps through the top-calf buckle, and the top two calf-straps through the mid-calf buckle, leaving everything from the knee up totally free. At one point, I also sliced through the right pad's toe-ties, requiring some emergency surgery involving chikinpotpie and myself throwing our legs on top of the boards, and Dr. pmurphy17 using chikin's skate blade to slice off the rest. Amazingly, the pad continued to behave as normal.

That stick (the Ballistik .52 Cal. on which I'm doing a long-term review) is far and away - and I mean by a country mile - the best and most durable one-piece composite goalie stick I have ever used, seen, or heard of. And it's damn sexy too!- especially once I got the blue Tackimac grip on there. Totally head and shoulders above the rest of the field.

What's the skill level for the MSH skates usually around? A wide variety or more higher or lower level?

I was told it's all over the place. I asked because I wanted to attend the Winter Skate in MI and have only been playing a year and half now.

A delightful variety of all over the place. Couple of current junior players, all the way to guys who just picked the game up in the last couple of years. Every once in a while someone would bust out a coast-to-coaster, but for the most part, it was more about making plays and having fun than just filling the net; more interest in showing off gear and gonzo personalities than showing people up. Nice atmosphere.

Loving the Thrashers MIAs. Hossa?

hnidy's he sold them to me :tongue:

edit: nvm different palm, you got another one machinehead?!?!

Edited by K9 Unit

hnidy's he sold them to me :tongue:

edit: nvm different palm, you got another one machinehead?!?!

These?? I've had these for 3-4yrs now. :) Picked them up at a LHS for $25.

DSC00045.jpg

From my summer rec league...

IMG_1182.jpg

2473356580_751e106755_o.jpg

Rikcy, you got some 'splainin' to do!