Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nazzy19

"Making The Cut"...Tonite!

Already ended over here, I thought it was kinda nice, I would be speachless to receive a call from Mike or Scotty.

Ya, I was a little surprised. I anticipated a different view on it from CBC and I was expecting a little more ex-junior crowd, where this seemed like a real mix, from everyday working guys, to ex-AHlers and Ex-Major Junior players. I don't think I could handle a phone call from one of them either, good or bad.

I guess i'm a lucky one to have both talked to, got their autos and see both their Cup rings. I was vacationing in the town where it was being shot and was at the same restaurant. Looks like a good show so far.

I guess i'm a lucky one to have both talked to, got their autos and see both their Cup rings. I was vacationing in the town where it was being shot and was at the same restaurant. Looks like a good show so far.

I saw Bowman's ring when they skated at RDV...that thing is massive...kinda need a midget under his hand to prop it up...

Ya, I was a little surprised. I anticipated a different view on it from CBC and I was expecting a little more ex-junior crowd, where this seemed like a real mix, from everyday working guys, to ex-AHlers and Ex-Major Junior players.

To me, it seemed more like an extended HNIC segment than a contest. Part of me was expecting a Survivor style show even though I know CBC isn't really like that. I didn't get a good sense of how the 'contestants' really were skill-wise since they showed a couple clips of them skating or taking a shot. It couldn't have been easy to filter through 2000+ contestants and fit a select few into a 2h episode. I'm expecting more focus now that they've narrowed it down to 68 people for the remainder of the show. I liked the way they included families and friends though.

I kinda felt bad for that Russian guy. They said he had great speed, great hands, a good shot and decent size. They said they'd like to see him use his size more, then they didn't move him through. I guess they wanted Canadian (or at least North American) guys to get the shots.

He definately looked like a talent.

I was looking guys up on hockeydb.com and quite a few of them had decent Jr. careers.

Dan Tessier anyone??

Helluva player, never even drafted because he was smaller.

I skate every morning (when I am in town from fishing) with my good buddy Mike Kiesman, and he said that Tessier is playing with him this year in Fresno of the ECHL.

I feel bad for all of the guys that played hard to make it quite a ways, far enough for the invite, and then have the season be locked out. That hurts.

That Teresa Marchese girl is HOT! :P She'll be my favorite Canadian women's nat'l team player for sure.

I thought she might have had a bit more excited reaction to having her name given the the Nat Team...she seemed pretty ho-hum about it. Maybe they jsut didn't air her happy dance....

Maybe the lack of real funding for the Canadian amateur athletics program isn't that appealing. Not that it wouldn't be an honor being asked to play for your country, she didn't look like she fully digested everything mentally.

Maybe the lack of real funding for the Canadian amateur athletics program isn't that appealing...

Hey, they're up to $1500/mth (heavy sarcasm). One of the players was on OTR yesterday...

Landsberg is a bit of a geek and he always has his lips firmly pressed against the guests ass...but it is entertaining most of the time