Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KryptOng

Any riders on this board?

anyone here rode a trike? my dad just got a new harley tri glide, he let me try it out and it seemed like a pretty cool bike honestly for an older guy.

dsjunior... To be a college student again, riding around on a motorcycle. Sign me up for the time machine. A bike is great for that type of commuting. I never used a hockey backpack so I cant really say if it would work. I think it would be difficult.

Leafs.... Never rode a trike. I am interested in riding a Can-Am Spyder. These have 2 wheels in the front and one in the back.

thinking about getting a bike instead of a car. considerring im a college student, i probably wont be going more than a mile or so a day during school, and side trips shouldn't be a problem as long as I have good sized saddle bags. Anyway, has anyone ever tried a hockey bag on the back of a bike? Or can one of those warrior bacpack bags be worn comfortably? what about sticks?

I wear a hockey backpack on the bike. Its not fun, but its doable. My skate pockets block the majority of what I can see in my mirrors (im on a sports bike), so I have to rely heavily on head checking (which I religiously do anyway).

I tend to have the bag more to one side so that I can use one of my mirrors. It doesnt interfere with cornering as gear isnt that heavy and your not going to be riding hard with all this stuff attached to you anyway. In my case, the bag rests somewhat on the pillion seat, so shifting it from one side to the other requires prior planning - its not something I would want to do mid corner.

Sticks are the only problem. I dont carry my stick on the bike. If Im friends with the rink owners I generally keep a stick in with their gear, otherwise I borrow one of their sticks (the ones they use for the beginner clinics). If you can, get a good mate to look after a stick for you.

It wouldnt be too hard to carry a stick, but my better half wont let me - he hates the idea of riding with hockey equipment enough as it is, especially in winter.

Hope this helps.

Riding with the hockey backpack has to be tough. I cant imagine doing that. I guess as long as it doesn't shift during a turn, your fine.

My brother, a friend, and I were on out way out of town when:

Graphic

Graphic

Graphic

A black Ford Ranger was in a slow lane, while my lane was completely open. As I was passing him, he changed lanes into me, I slammed on my brake and the back tire came up. I flew over the handle bars (at which point I black out) and my brother said I did a front flip, landed on my shoulder and slid across the ground. Everyone behind me stops as I just lay there for 30-45 seconds. I stand up, look around, go sit on the median and just sit there until I get taken to the hospital.

The Ford ran, didn't even pump the brakes.

thinking about getting a bike instead of a car. considerring im a college student, i probably wont be going more than a mile or so a day during school, and side trips shouldn't be a problem as long as I have good sized saddle bags. Anyway, has anyone ever tried a hockey bag on the back of a bike? Or can one of those warrior bacpack bags be worn comfortably? what about sticks?

I skated with a guy last summer that wore a hockey backpack & taped the sticks to the back somehow. It was quite the scene watching him ride away....

I skated with a guy last summer that wore a hockey backpack & taped the sticks to the back somehow. It was quite the scene watching him ride away....

I did that all the time, used a stick bag for the sticks, and a backpack bag. Rested great on the rear seat!!

No bike currently - wife isn't a big fan when I bring them home! Over the years I've had a yamaha r6 and 2 gsxr750's. Nothing compares to the connection you feel when riding a motorcycle, feels like an extension of your body and the performance is out of this world.

Was a really nice day, felt like a ride, but needed to pick up a new stick from the LHS. So I did both at once:

sportsbike.jpg

Carrying a stick on each side was tricky, wouldn't try that again, at least not on a short wheelbase 250.

I'd hate to try carrying a gear bag on a little 250, however!

I just bought this today. One of roughly one hundred Moto Guzzi V50 Monza 500's in the United States. So unbelievably happy.

222007_10150169697703527_580023526_6828168_3113954_n.jpg

Nice Krev!

Im looking at getting another bike soon. I had a Honda CBR 400 NC29 (Stolen) and a Honda Hornet 600 previously. I sold the Hornet before i went out to Oz as i needed the money.

Im looking at getting a Ducati Monster 900 next though :biggrin: :biggrin:

I've just put a deposit down on this bad boy:

KGrHqIOKo8E24INBrHSBNv8-GR4_12.jpg

It's not the 900 i wanted but when i weighed up the options it makes sense financially. Although when put into a sentence involving ducatis that doesnt make too much sense!

Niiiice. Always liked Ducati's. Kind of like the Ferrari of motorcycles. I almost got the 749D that he had on the lot, but I spotted the Guzzi tucked away in the back. When I saw the model type on the side cover, I had to have it.

Niiiice. Always liked Ducati's. Kind of like the Ferrari of motorcycles. I almost got the 749D that he had on the lot, but I spotted the Guzzi tucked away in the back. When I saw the model type on the side cover, I had to have it.

The Guzzi's are beautiful bikes! I've always been a fan of the retro ones, they're sweet as.

The main swinger for the 6 over the 9 for me was that the 6 has 2600 genuine miles whereas the 9 has 26000. Literally one tenth, and on an italian that's a lot.

I've just put a deposit down on this bad boy:KGrHqIOKo8E24INBrHSBNv8-GR4_12.jpgIt's not the 900 i wanted but when i weighed up the options it makes sense financially. Although when put into a sentence involving ducatis that doesnt make too much sense!

I had one, and I miss it TERRIBLY.

I'd been riding almost 40 years, and sold my last bike 3 years ago. I missed it. I just picked up a 2007 H-D FLHTCU in Atlanta and rode it home.

Too much baggage and equipment to carry, and I'm not going to invest in a trailer. Besides, I won't make SJ this year.

I have 2 bikes, a Suzuki Gsxr 750 -2001 and a Triumph Speed Triple 1050 -2006.

The triumph is great for allmost any kind of riding, but i prefer the suzuki for fast commuting because

of the fairings. But i'm thinking about trading them both in for a 2010 Ducati 848 evo or a KTM rc8..

While living in LA, i was getting severely fed up with traffic. I could not succumb to the fact that I was losing 3 hours of my day to traffic (which most of the people in LA have come to be OK with). 2 of the guys in one of my bands rode bikes, and they convinced me to ride. So I took the MSF class, and bought a bike. The next day I sold my car, and have been on a bike EVERY DAY since. For the last 5 years I have ridden a motorcycle in every type of weather possible (including snow). I hate cars now... If i have to travel, its on a bike. Here are some pics of my baby. 2006 Triumph Bonneville T100

Bike1_zpsa5b0aa44.jpg

Bike2_zps4319507f.jpg

I wear a hockey backpack on the bike. Its not fun, but its doable. My skate pockets block the majority of what I can see in my mirrors (im on a sports bike), so I have to rely heavily on head checking (which I religiously do anyway).

I tend to have the bag more to one side so that I can use one of my mirrors. It doesnt interfere with cornering as gear isnt that heavy and your not going to be riding hard with all this stuff attached to you anyway. In my case, the bag rests somewhat on the pillion seat, so shifting it from one side to the other requires prior planning - its not something I would want to do mid corner.

Sticks are the only problem. I dont carry my stick on the bike. If Im friends with the rink owners I generally keep a stick in with their gear, otherwise I borrow one of their sticks (the ones they use for the beginner clinics). If you can, get a good mate to look after a stick for you.

It wouldnt be too hard to carry a stick, but my better half wont let me - he hates the idea of riding with hockey equipment enough as it is, especially in winter.

Hope this helps.

As far as playing hockey... well I wasn't going to let a little bit of equipment stop me from riding every day. I tried SEVERAL hockey bags, but most were WAY too big. I ended up getting a NIKE Lacrosse bag that was big enough for everything but my helmet. So I used a net to secure the helmet to the bag. The sticks... well that's a work of art. I used several items I had lying around the house, like a drumstick holder, some straps, and a square piece of foam. The sticks sit by my rear wheel and point straight up. I've done it at least 100 times and so far, no problems. Next time I go out with the gear I'll take a picture.