Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

26 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

I'm curious how they will deal with this in Episode VIII. They may already have as part of moving the Star Wars franchise toward the new characters.

I suppose it's possible for them to find a way to write her out of the script depending on how far along in the process they are. Or perhaps they'll attempt the CGI route like with Rogue One. That looked pretty good for the 10 seconds she was on the screen but not sure if they could pull off any significant scenes with that. 

10 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I'm curious how they will deal with this in Episode VIII. They may already have as part of moving the Star Wars franchise toward the new characters.

I read on several articles that she had already completed all of her scenes in VIII.  

7 hours ago, Pocketmonster18 said:

I read on several articles that she had already completed all of her scenes in VIII.  

Yeah I read that as well. So it's a question of whether they edit VIII somehow or just omit her from IX, or what. 

On 12/28/2016 at 9:00 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Yeah I read that as well. So it's a question of whether they edit VIII somehow or just omit her from IX, or what. 

I wonder if they will do an off screen death and use the E9 crawl to explain what happened. 

2 minutes ago, RadioGaGa said:

I wonder if they will do an off screen death and use the E9 crawl to explain what happened. 

That's actually a good point. They tend to do a lot of backstory filling out in the crawls, so it wouldn't surprise me if they just went with the easiest route possible. 

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

That's actually a good point. They tend to do a lot of backstory filling out in the crawls, so it wouldn't surprise me if they just went with the easiest route possible. 

Well, Rogue One had some very well done CGI for Leia and Tarkin. Not saying they can get away with CGI and a voice actor for Episode IX, but maybe.

I thought Leia looked great and realistic, but Tarkin looked like he came straight out of a video game. A game with good graphics,  but very obviously animated. 

12 hours ago, althoma1 said:

I thought Leia looked great and realistic, but Tarkin looked like he came straight out of a video game. A game with good graphics,  but very obviously animated. 

Yeah. It was pretty impressive until he started talking. The facial animation just didn't look quite right.