Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

20 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Unexpected news. 

Throat cancer. He smoked a lot. I guess it was from that.

Kind of strange news as I've been playing guitar since the 80s.

RIP.

Merged into the main thread.

Pierre Kezdy, bassist for Naked Raygun and Pegboy, two of the greatest punk bands in history, NRG probably the greatest IMO.  Been listening to them for over 30 years.

• Sad 2

I was watching the BU game where he got paralyzed. I was on the phone with the now Mrs. when he went for a big hit and missed. She heard my "ooohhh" over the phone and asked what happened. I told her some kid just knocked himself cold. Then you could see that he was awake and you knew what had happened.

Travis could have sulked and vanished but instead became such a great inspiration and advocate. It is a huge loss that he is no longer with us.

• Like 4

Country singer Charlie Pride.

My dad was a fan, I remember Charlie Pride was one of a few tapes he would listen to while driving me to practice back in the day. 

• Like 1

this one hits home...we lost Ozone...

If you don't know who that is you need to go watch the quintessential 80's breakdancing movies Breakin' & its sequel Breeakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo

RIP Adolfo 'shabbadoo' quinones