Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

Jani was great to me. We did an interview for the radio station had full access at the show and ended up drinking beer and playing video games on the bus with them afterwards. Those guys got a bad rap, they were all really talented musicians and put on a great show live.

Jack Layton is dead

Terribly sad news. A quote from his final letter to his supporters has been making the rounds on the interwebs today:

"...Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world."

Not sure what everyone does for a job, but politics aside...that's a pretty damn good philosophy to live by regardless of how you make your living. RIP Mr. Layton.

For some reason the Layton death really saddened me. I always voted him, and it's truly incredible what he managed to do for his party. A really good man with a great outlook on life, I wish his family all the best.

RIP Jack Layton

For some reason the Layton death really saddened me. I always voted him, and it's truly incredible what he managed to do for his party. A really good man with a great outlook on life, I wish his family all the best.

RIP Jack Layton

Agreed, he was full of heart and a fighter till the end

I can't believe after watching that crash that there was only 1 fatality! Where there others injured...? if there were...obviously Dan's death got all the coverage...but I'd be surprised if no one else was hurt.

I can't believe after watching that crash that there was only 1 fatality! Where there others injured...? if there were...obviously Dan's death got all the coverage...but I'd be surprised if no one else was hurt.

No other major injuries. Power taken to hospital and released, while Mann and Hildebrand were kept in hospital for observation. Whelden hit Paul Tracy's car. Tracy tweeted that he was going for a bike ride to clear his head.

I love car racing and Indycar. In my office I keep a paddock photo that I took of Greg Moore's car in 1997 in Michigan.

Really sad.

Arab media outlet Al-Ahrar is reporting that Moammar Gadhafi is dead. Reuters is also reporting his death. Can't say I'm upset about this one.