Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

^ just saw that on the news. Me and my brother actually had a Hogans heroes marathon last week with some dvd seasons we bought.

Edited by Race4LastPlace

He used to kiss every woman who he came up to on Family Feud. And actually ended up marrying a contestant.

I heard an interesting tidbit this morning. After the replacement host committed suicide, Dawson came back for a season but promised his wife that he wouldn't kiss any of the contestants.

Actually, Ray Combs was alive when he was replaced...he walked off the set.

Jonathan Goodson, who became chairman of Mark Goodson Productions after the death of his father, Mark Goodson, a year earlier, made the decision to replace Combs with original host Richard Dawson. The taping of his final episode aired in first-run syndication on May 27, 1994. During the "Fast Money" bonus round, the five answers given by the second contestant each netted zero points. Ray joked, "You know, I've done this show for six years and this [is] the first time I had a person that actually got no points and I think it's a damn fine way to go out. Thought I was a loser until you walked up here. You made me look like a man." Then, instead of mingling with the two competing families at the end of the show, Combs walked off the set immediately after his sign-off, got in his car and drove away.

I don't blame her...hell, it was their first kiss!

Jesus...I need to pay more attention. He's another one, if asked, I would have said was already dead. Unless I'm just confusing him in my mind with Gene Roddenberry.

Jesus...I need to pay more attention. He's another one, if asked, I would have said was already dead. Unless I'm just confusing him in my mind with Gene Roddenberry.

If it makes you feel any better I would have said the same thing! I read Farenheit 451 back in grade 10 english class about a million years ago, really surprised that he just died!

The biggest recent loss came Monday, when George Marino died. Not a lot of people may know who he was but go check any old albums you have to see if they say "Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound in New York."

My daughter said "hey, the guy who did the voice of Mermaid Man on Sponge Bob died". Nice way to be remembered :facepalm:

Oh, I know it's just I think he might rather be remembered for his Oscar winning performance in Marty or at least the Poseidon Adventure :smile:

Well, when your daughter is ready, why not show her that Oscar winning performance in Marty, and then she'll be like, "Wow, that's the same guy." Although, heck, I'd just let her get a laugh at McHale's Navy and work your way up.

I loved McHales navy. It was on right before Hogans Heroes at lunchtime every weekday. Great for sick days or in the summer when I was still in school