Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

The Softball Thread

Just curious to see if there's any adult softball players on MSH. We just started a team at work and I haven't played in 10 years so I'm pretty excited.

I'm way outdated when it comes to gear though - but I'm slowly replacing it! Got an Eagle mitt today and hopefully Easton's new bat in April.

Started last year with a team at my work. I went in thinking it was easy peasy compared to baseball but damn did I look foolish.

Got the Stealth and Synergy bats last year and still rock my old Trap-Eze.

Yeah, I made sure mine was legal. I think it was the Synergy+ that got banned, so they made the Synergy 2. I just learned to stay away from anything with Titanium or made by Miken.

I'll have to look into that. Some assbag on the team that pretty much had bought all of the team's equipment pulled a Cartman and quit this year, taking his shit with him. I currently own 50% of our bats and we got the corporate OK to get more.

Honestly? I don't care for them and they seem to die out. I like aluminum better and absolutely love the Stealth because it has a composite handle with a metal barrel. Those are the kinds of bats I prefer for power.

Oh yeah, they do hit like a dream but no power. If you're into spraying the ball for basehits, composites are mint. I love the feel but chicks dig the long ball....which to me is legging one out that I hit at a girl real hard.

I'm impartial to Demarini stuff since my brother works for them. I was able to take some swings with an eVo and a vexxum 10. Both killer bats, the eVo is a slo-pitch bat and the vexxum is for fast pitch.

• Like 1

well... three nights a weeks for the last 4 years since I cut back from 5 nights...

I have way too many bats all way too much $$$

My first Synergy was a bat not a stick...

I dont have a problem paying $300+ for a bat like I do 150+ for a stick.

I know my Bat wont break because of someone else , or get stepped on, or break on a face-off,,,etc.. Sticks dont last any where near the life of a Bat IMO..

bATS ARE ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!!

most composites are awesome bats...

I use an old Kelley wraptech...freak plus and freak 98 and an original and second batch synergy.

Oh I also feel Tanel cleats help your knees/ankles through summer hockey

Go long go deep, but dont go foul

Plus bats generally have a nice year-long warranty.

Tanels were the ones with the 360 degree cleats right? Circular pattern? I still use my metals in the OF and just make sure not to walk on the concrete.

We technically can't either but I'm not going to go Ty Cobb anyone and our outfields are too slick for anything to work. Conversions are great though, but when I had those I got called on for having spikes more than when I've actually had them on.

Well my old baseball cleats from high school (I'm now 28) finally bit the dust 2 days ago. I have to go buy some new ones tomorrow for this weekend and obviously it's the first time I've had to buy them in over a decade. Any recommendations for someone who's playing once, maybe twice a week for just recreational slow-pitch softball? Nike branded athletic footwear has always fit me best and Adidas is usually a bit too tight-fitting. Thanks ahead of time for any and all suggestions!

EDIT: They have to be rubber molded, not metal tip.

Yeah this is a lot different than buying hockey skates....generally I know exactly what I'm looking for in skates. On my day off work today, I have to make the rounds to 3 or 4 stores (hard to find rubber tip VS metal!) and try some on. I'm definitely a fan of all-black though.

Another dilemna is breaking them in. With skates it's no problem because I'm out on the rink 5 times a week. With softball, it's a bit tougher because I'm lucky to get a game a week (with rainouts). Other than wearing them around the house (my downstairs neighbors will kill me when I walk on the tile :P ), I guess I'll have to look like a fool and head up to an empty diamond and do some sprints.

Cleats dont take as long to break in. My soccer cleats were flimsy out of the box (and they had better be.. I payed more for them than my skates).

lAIRCON34-BKBK.jpg

these are the babies i got. I have the metal ones in, but the come with non-metal too. they also have flames on the bottom. they will set you back about $120 canadian.

Nike conversions, I forget the model. I'd keep a couple spikes on because the OF at the softball fields were insanely slick, so I just had to be careful not to walk on the concrete.