Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

The Softball Thread

Just got back from pitching (and playing) my first slow-pitch game. Pulled it out 12-10 in an extra inning, it was a nail-biter at the end. I'm looking forward to next week's game, and hopefully making the tournament for intramurals :D

i figured there's quite a few of us in here somewhere, and i was gonna buy my own bat sometime but i know jack about it, so i was just wondering what bat do you guys like the most.

i use the mizuno or is it miken freak (freak 2's banned in our league) most of the time but i use recoil in like crazy RBI/home run situations

anybody use ballistik bats before? interested in getting one

oh ye what gloves do you guys use?

i got the RBK VR6000, very nice, very padded, love the bar type pocket, just wish it was a 12inch, don't like rawlings/eastons fit for some reason

Edited by K9 Unit

Depending on what league im playing in, for asa i have a demarini juggernaut. Pretty solid bat, feels really solid like its not gonna bust anytime soon. for u-trip its any crazy bat some of the other guys have. A few of my buddies have a miken nrg 500 which is pretty hot for an asa bat. I also had a mizuno envy which was pretty good but busted within a year.

Edited by cougarkiller98

ye don't see many demarini's in the stores round here but in my league there's a few of them flying around, swung one very nice, never hit a ball with it though

Bat: Still use a first gen Synergy and a Stealth (thanks Ryan, if you're still reading the boards) even if they're on their last legs.

Glove: Rotate a ProTB24 (the Griffey) and a Rawlings DC601 till it breaks in.

As for softball, we capped our season last night by spoiling a dickish team's perfect season. Started off with a near fight after their coach/pitcher/resident prick knocked over our 2B (girl) in a rundown when he had no shot at making it back to the bag. Now we get to face them in a tourney this weekend. Yaaaay.

I love slo pitch , its a great time. However i can't stand fast pitch its a shitty baseball. Having a few kids on my hockey team always trying to tell me fast pitch is better and more popular than baseball didn't help. Especially since i didn't really like the kids .

Bat: Still use a first gen Synergy and a Stealth (thanks Ryan, if you're still reading the boards) even if they're on their last legs.

As for softball, we capped our season last night by spoiling a dickish team's perfect season. Started off with a near fight after their coach/pitcher/resident prick knocked over our 2B (girl) in a rundown when he had no shot at making it back to the bag. Now we get to face them in a tourney this weekend. Yaaaay.

lol...my team has a synergy don't like it, never tried a stealth but i really wanna get a ballistik bat since no one around here uses one

how hardcore's your league mack? :P

Not hard at all. It's a rec league at best but these guys are the dicks who do team cheers after games and stuff like that. After our first game, I lined one back at the pitcher after I told him I was going to line one back at him. Never pitched outside to me again.

oh hehe...play in a league where you have your own pitcher, so if its outside i tend to hit it down the line lol, also hate the fact that my talents in stealing cannot be used in softball

oh hehe...play in a league where you have your own pitcher, so if its outside i tend to hit it down the line lol, also hate the fact that my talents in stealing cannot be used in softball

Steal their bats, win by forfeit.

A guy one my teams has a first or second gen synergy. Prolly one of the best feeling bats i've ever used. The ball just flys of the things. Better than any top of the line composite. I wish i could find one of those around. Its seems like there built like tanks also.

I love it to death. This was the one that was illegal in most leagues, but it's fine in ours. I think the Synergy+ was what they changed it to.

Had our tourney today and took 3rd. 7 games in a day was pretty damned brutal, least of all when you had only two extra guys show up.

what colours the original synergy? our team has a red one, think its the synergy extended

Steal their bats, win by forfeit.

lol, well played

Edited by K9 Unit

I was using a Worth Revolver most of last season, and up to the first half of this season. Got a TPS Maverick composite now, and I like it a lot more. The revolver had good pop, but the sweet spot was so damn small, and if you got jammed it hurt like hell. The Maverick hits consistently hard, not a long ball bat, but great for liners over the infield and hard grounders up the middle. Not a bad bat for the price (retail is 120, got mine new for 30 at PIAS on clearance). Summer league is wrapping up, bring on the fall league!

So, I show up to my Co-Ed Slo-Pitch game last night...and none of the regular pitchers show up so, I (partly) jokingly say...give me a ball...and go out and start throwing warm up pitches. I've pitched 3, maybe 4, times in my brief Slo-Pitch career...and the last time was 2 years ago. I was hitting the wood pretty consistantly.

I go on to pitch what in this league can only be called a gem. A few scoreless innings....and they got their runs in bunches in 3 innings. We win. Final Score 11-8.

Top it off....Finished the game with a strike out...Okay, it was 3rd ball foul...but they call that a K in this league. And, I was 2-4 with a run scored.

I told them I can pitch again if they need me *L*

oh wow, foul balls a K in slow pitch, thats weird. i mean its a K in my league but ours is self pitch so it kinda makes sense

what bat do you use?

Edited by K9 Unit

I don't think I'd ever pitch as I have an aversion to eating softballs. Shame, really, because I have a nasty knuckleball but what good is that in a slo pitch league?

My team's "Fall Ball" league is starting up in a week. I'll only be able to play the first game or two as i'm moving for hockey, but it should be fun anyways.