Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

The Softball Thread

oh wow, foul balls a K in slow pitch, thats weird. i mean its a K in my league but ours is self pitch so it kinda makes sense

what bat do you use?

I've got a Worth EST (an older model...all red...can't rememebr what it is) that has lost it's pop...and a cheap Worth Silencer.

I don't think I'd ever pitch as I have an aversion to eating softballs. Shame, really, because I have a nasty knuckleball but what good is that in a slo pitch league?

I love the knuckle ball. Fall ball started yesterday. Didnt go to bad seeing that we moved up a league, but boy was I busy in left feild. Also the first time i hit a freak 98. that things a monster.

Nokona is ready to be retired and I need a new glove. Between a Nokona Bloodline and a Rawlings Primo. Anyone have a Primo or opinion of it? Closest store to me that carries them us about 2 hours away.

I don't think I'd ever pitch as I have an aversion to eating softballs. Shame, really, because I have a nasty knuckleball but what good is that in a slo pitch league?

I love the knuckle ball. Fall ball started yesterday. Didnt go to bad seeing that we moved up a league, but boy was I busy in left feild. Also the first time i hit a freak 98. that things a monster.

freak 98s awesome, just not as good as the one that got banned lol

Nokona is ready to be retired and I need a new glove. Between a Nokona Bloodline and a Rawlings Primo. Anyone have a Primo or opinion of it? Closest store to me that carries them us about 2 hours away.

Nice glove, but the price of every one I've seen hasn't justified it to me.

I still have my Nike Pro Gold from college and need to get it re-laced. The lack of decent six-finger gloves in current models is upsetting.

Ordered a Bloodline 1B glove- waiting on it to be delivered as we speak. Been using a deer Gide Nokona pitchers glove since '97 regularly if that gives you any idea of the quality. As long as you keep them lubed with their glove conditioner (which is more like Vaseline than oil) they last forever. Plus, one of the last American made gloves- that's worth something in my book.

Damn. I have a couple Rawlings TB24s from around '99 but nothing quite that old. Never used a Nokona but at the same time I've never heard a bad thing about them.

Seems solid but it's a fastpitch glove if that makes a difference. I never liked a basket weave for the infield and for SS, I'd go 11.25"

edit: At least on that site they're not offered in anything under 11.5". That's odd.

Try Ballglovewarehouse.com- awesome selection and a 100 day return policy even if it's used. I ordered a Nokona Bloodline mitt and they recommended I try a Rawlings Pro-Preferred 2-tone mitt as well. Said to break them in and return whichever I didn't love, and if neither worked to Return both and keep trying until I was happy. Awesome experience all-around and I don't even have a mitt yet.

thats a great policy thanks guys for helping. actually i went to dicks sporting goods today and was pleasantly surprised to see they had nokonas. didnt have enough time to really tell how i liked it or not though. i will try that website though. thanks guys!!

I can't wait to help out with my brother's practices this winter so I can start breaking mine in for next year. Nothing sucked more than playing OF having a pocket broken in for baseball.

You not playing third seems like a crime.

We have this great lesbian that plays there. I really hate putting a girl there, but she's a tough little dyke. Plus these guys don't want to run so I get to go shag flies.

Just wondering, how much are these gloves going for that you guys are talking about? Im going to be needing a new mit soon. Im using a wilson that my dad had already broke in when he played, but its getting a little to floppy now. I think its time for a new one.