Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lampliter87

'09 NFL Thread

Wonder how much the NFL spent on life support to keep Pete Townshend alive, but good game and so so halftime show.

The game was great, and the half time show was alright but the stage and lighting was pretty cool.

Wait another year for that one. I'm hoping for ZZ Top at Super Bowl XLV.

I heard rumour it will be the Eagles.

What they need to do is Lady Gaga. There is no bigger (single day) spectacle in Sport than the Superbowl....and her show is all color and theatrics. She'd be perfect to put on a 15 minute mini concert. But, the thought/fear of Nipplegate II will surely scare Comm. Roger away from that.

I flipped to the Simpsons as soon as halftime started and happily watched a rerun. The Super Bowl halftime show is so overproduced, I don't know what artist could possibly stop me from changing the channel. Maybe a 2Pac & Biggie reunion show.

they need to stop dusting off legends for the superbowl and find something new.

The problem is the music industry has focused over the last 15-20 years on the latest pretty face, so a lot of artists haven't put in the time to learn how to entertain a crowd with their music. It's the reason the majority of the top drawing acts have been around for years. They have a large enough body of work to play for two hours and they know how to perform live.

I thought The Who started slowly, but acquitted themselves in the second half of their performance. It was obvious that it took Daltrey a few minutes to loosen his vocal cords; he was singing noticeably better the last two songs. I read an article in Rolling Stone in which Lenny Kravitz said singers need to keep singing, just like athletes need to keep training, or they lose the elasticity of their vocal cords. If he's correct, it makes sense that The Who (Daltrey particularly) started raggedly, because they hadn't been touring lately. In that same vein of not being in touring shape, Townshend's microphone was set too loud. Instead of harmonizing with Daltrey's lead, he was competing. In future gigs, after listening to the tapes, their engineer would dial down his mike, but in the twelve minutes of playing nobody seemed to notice.