Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blueandgold26

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Apparently new downloadable content available to xbox live subscribers including a new map-pack releases March 30th....

"Stimulus Package"

So it's free to Gold members? I can dig that. They need some new maps, it seems everyone has maps they hate. God damn Underpass :angry:

I hate rust, unless you are doing a private match

16 people in a tiny space = too much like shooting fish in a barrel

rather have that over ultimate campers delight that is rundown and underpass, at least there's nowhere to hide on rust

rather have that over ultimate campers delight that is rundown and underpass, at least there's nowhere to hide on rust

You less you end up in a lobby with "that guy" the climbs all the way up to the top with an ACR.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/107/1077464p1.html <- details on map packs

i like the sound of bailout, ima sucker for skyscraper kinda war maps, i like highrise as long as i'm not spawn trapped :P

i'm not sure on the overgrown CoD4 (which i never owned) sounds like a wasteland/underpass mix

i hate microsoft for throwing money around though :(

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/107/1077464p1.html

Details about Infinity Ward's upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 map pack, titled the Stimulus Package, have been posted on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace website. This download contains five maps in total, two of which appeared in the first Modern Warfare title.

This pack will be available to download on Xbox LIVE starting on March 30. PS3 and PC owners will have to wait a bit longer.

Here are the map descriptions:

Bailout - a multi-level apartment complex

Storm - an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery

Salvage - a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars

Crash - a war-torn urban environment (CoD4)

Overgrown - features a massive dry creek bed (CoD4)

Update: Activision has confirmed the pack will cost 1200 Microsoft points ($14.99).

Update: Activision has confirmed the pack will cost 1200 Microsoft points ($14.99).

Son of a bitch. There's probably a billion in revenue.

What the hell does "Stimulus Package" refer to? I probably won't buy it now.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/107/1077464p1.html

Details about Infinity Ward's upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 map pack, titled the Stimulus Package, have been posted on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace website. This download contains five maps in total, two of which appeared in the first Modern Warfare title.

This pack will be available to download on Xbox LIVE starting on March 30. PS3 and PC owners will have to wait a bit longer.

Here are the map descriptions:

Bailout - a multi-level apartment complex

Storm - an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery

Salvage - a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars

Crash - a war-torn urban environment (CoD4)

Overgrown - features a massive dry creek bed (CoD4)

What the hell? 1200 pts, they have upped the cost by 50%... All the other ones have been 800. Bogus..... and they only made 3 new maps , didnt even use the best ones from 4 .....

i would say this is more of a stimulus package for activision's bank account - but i think they are doing it because they know most people will buy it anyway

Got 1/2 way through my 1st prestige then the servers started going crazy. I got frustrated with the continuous game crashes so I start playing NHL10 and now onto Mass Effect 2.

15 bucks is a little steep in price. But I loved the two maps they're bringing from COD4, so I'll be buying. Plus, I was starting to get sick of all the camping that's going on in the game's current state. Seems I would play two games, get pissed off, and go to Midnight Club: LA instead.

15 bucks is a little steep in price. But I loved the two maps they're bringing from COD4, so I'll be buying. Plus, I was starting to get sick of all the camping that's going on in the game's current state. Seems I would play two games, get pissed off, and go to Midnight Club: LA instead.

What map in MW2 has the worst camping do you think? Personally, I don't have that much of a problem with campers because I love filling them with lead for a revenge kill!

What map in MW2 has the worst camping do you think? Personally, I don't have that much of a problem with campers because I love filling them with lead for a revenge kill!

probably underpass... if that's what its called. the one with lots of vegetation and the canal running through the one side of the map.

underpass and rundown are ffull of campers, however i noticed a lot of complaints about mw2 happen more of the 360 than ps3 coz i've yet to see a booster but no luck, i've been wanting to go booster hunting for some time now :P

underpass and rundown are ffull of campers, however i noticed a lot of complaints about mw2 happen more of the 360 than ps3 coz i've yet to see a booster but no luck, i've been wanting to go booster hunting for some time now :P

Underpass, Rundown, Afghan, take your pick.

Yeah i think Underpass is the worst. People just hide in the vegetation it's so cowardly lol!

You guys remember the floaters/flyers in COD4? You know guys who sit in thin air about 500 m above ground? There was one guy yesterday who did that at Derail. I hope that glitch is not back for MW2.

I never saw camping as being cowardly. If it works for them and gets them kills to better accomplish the mission or their goals then why not take advantage of it?

My biggest beef is the people who camp on domination maps to simply get kills regardless of whether or not their team is winning or holding points.

I'm up to level 70 for the second time. The thing that is currently pissing me off is the fact that I'm on or near level V for several challenges. Why do some of these just take forever, and how is it people can get these obnoxious challenges when going to the next Prestige resets all of your progress? I have to stay at level 70 for who knows how long to finish some of these up and basically waste the score on not leveling up. And once you do prestige you lose the ability to have custom classes and whatnot until you re-earn them? Bullshit on that.

I really wish it just reset your level and locked everything that is level-based but kept your progress on completing challenges. I might actually get over 10,000 headshots on one gun if the counter didn't reset.

I never saw camping as being cowardly. If it works for them and gets them kills to better accomplish the mission or their goals then why not take advantage of it?

I kinda feel the same...I primarily snipe, so alot of the time im holding down the same area. Ill move if im starting to feel alot of pressure on me. But honestly, there should be no complaints about people camping, watch your kill kam!

I kinda feel the same...I primarily snipe, so alot of the time im holding down the same area. Ill move if im starting to feel alot of pressure on me. But honestly, there should be no complaints about people camping, watch your kill kam!

Yeah agree I don't see sniping as Camping. But When dude chill in those plants at Underpass with like a SCAR, then move to the next tree haha, it's annoying. But besides that I don't really have a problem with camping.