Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2009-2010 Habs Thread

He's still making very odd decisions with his feet.

Problems with his feet can be corected in a few practices (hopefully)....it's when it gets between his ears (like last year) that it is a REAL problem.

Halak in net tonight v. ATL...and MA Bergeron makes his Habs debut.

Apparently Sergei looked pretty good on the roadtrip with the Dogs this weekend. We'll see where that saga goes in the coming weeks.

Apparently Sergei looked pretty good on the roadtrip with the Dogs this weekend. We'll see where that saga goes in the coming weeks.

Hmmm...spoke WAY too soon on that one....Apparently (according to the Habs official Facebook Group)...SK74 left the Dogs today and is again under suspension from the Canadiens. No confirmation from the Dogs...but there is talk about it on the Habs Fan Forum.

TSN/RDS Story ----> http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=295602

Spent three seasons in Hamilton, and I don't remember him bitching about it. His bro was a first round pick, he was a seventh rounder. Seems like someone has an unfair sense of entitlement based off of his brother. I really don't think he is talented enough to put up with this shit.

Spent three seasons in Hamilton, and I don't remember him bitching about it. His bro was a first round pick, he was a seventh rounder. Seems like someone has an unfair sense of entitlement based off of his brother. I really don't think he is talented enough to put up with this shit.

Actually, truth be told...I think he has more raw talent than Andrei. I've said it before...that fact that he came to North America and played in the OHL gave him a step up on Andrei in both being ready for the NHL grind...and having more well rounded training than AK would've have had in the Leagues he played in prior to coming to NA.

But, having said that...yes, he expects too much.

This out of Montreal now...if the French Language press(e) is to be believed:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=295672

And, actually...when his Jr. eligibility ended and he was added to the roster as a "black ace" in the 2007 Playoffs...he did bitch about not being on the active roster.

So...Jaro Halak in net again tonight. Is this the begining of the end for Price...or are they just riding the hot goalie...and Carey gets a chance to win it back once Halak loses.

why are the habs booing Higgins everytime he touches the puck? I mean, he got traded, it's not like he forced the move. Was he an unpopular player in Montreal?

The fans are idiots and boo every ex player and who ever the best player on the other team is.

So...Jaro Halak in net again tonight. Is this the begining of the end for Price...or are they just riding the hot goalie...and Carey gets a chance to win it back once Halak loses.

Ive said it over and over, If Montreal wants to win and be competitive, Halak has to be their goalie. I was never sold on Price, and his debut in the league and the WJC is what has built his reputation. SSS. Hes not that good.

why are the habs booing Higgins everytime he touches the puck? I mean, he got traded, it's not like he forced the move. Was he an unpopular player in Montreal?

The fans are idiots and boo every ex player and who ever the best player on the other team is.

And yet they cheer Kovalev. Yeah, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it.

Given the fact that my other fantasy goalies are Toskala and Vokoun, I'd like to see Halak play a lot more.

Given the fact that my other fantasy goalies are Toskala and Vokoun, I'd like to see Halak play a lot more.

did you get screwed by autodraft too ?

did you get screwed by autodraft too ?

You would think that the guy that schedules the draft wouldn't schedule it for the same time as one of his games. :rolleyes:

Price being a good team guy (for now anyways):

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=296297

I think you have to start Halak against the Pens. If he loses, no big deal and you start Price the next game. If you put Price in and he gets shelled, your bad situation just got worse.

I think you have play Halak until he loses...hopefully Price wins his game when he gets his chance, and puts together 2-3 (or more) wins of his own. Mind you back-to-back games Fri/Sat mean they are probably going to end Halak streak of starts (win or loss) before the end of the week.

Its time for Bob Gainey to go.

Everyone compared not signing Kovalev to the signs of Gionta and Cammalerri, what they should have done is signed all 3 and not traded for Gomez. That contract isn't going to get any better and with the left over money they could have signed a good center like Antropov for 4M. Even with that 4M you'd still have another 3-4 to sign another good defensemen.

The signings of Gill and Spacek look terrible and I'm still not convinced that Moen is that much of an upgrade over Kostoupolos.

Before the season everyone said this would be a team with no secondary scoring and suspect defense, well look what is Bob, just that. I don't care that Markov is out, yes he is the Habs best player, but when your given almost unlimited amounts to remake a team top to bottom and this is what you do, its time for a new GM, imo.

Is someone^ still sour over last nights game? Seriously they've played what 15 games now? Lots of new players, new coach and lots of injuries, what exactly did you expect? They are doing OK, remember last season when they couldn't even win a game without Markov in the line-up?

CKAC (French radio in Montreal) and TSN are reporting that BG has been in contact with Chris Chelios...and that Chelios is very interested in rejoining the Habs.

Also...Tom Pyatt and Ryan White (both Forwards) have been called up from Hamilton. There are players that have done better so far this year in Hamilton...I wonder what role these guys will play in Montreal and if anyone is coming down?

Does anyone know what Maxim Lapierre did last night against the Bruins that is causing so much commotion from everyone? Something involving him not wanting to fight..?