Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2009-2010 Habs Thread

Pouliot is on IR and BGL just got 5 games. I guess that makes the call up make a bit more sense. But of SK ends up playing 3rd or 4th line minutes...he'll be whining again in no time.

I think when Pouliot is healthy, that they should consider sending Ryan White down rather than SK. I haven't been too impressed with him to date. Hopefully Pouliot can have a resurgence with the Habs. I was tired of waiting for Latendresse to blossom. It really bothered me to watch him skate. Pouliot is a huge upgrade in that category.

Montreal fans enjoy your recent addition of a player with limited talent, a poor work ethic and no grit. Marc-Andre Pouliot isn't good enough to be on an AHL team. I don't know Latendresse well enough to comment on his abilities as an NHL player but provided he doesn't bring a virulent, contagious case of the H1N1 with him to the Wild dressing room, the Habs got robbed.

Montreal fans enjoy your recent addition of a player with limited talent, a poor work ethic and no grit. Marc-Andre Pouliot isn't good enough to be on an AHL team. I don't know Latendresse well enough to comment on his abilities as an NHL player but provided he doesn't bring a virulent, contagious case of the H1N1 with him to the Wild dressing room, the Habs got robbed.

That would be all fine and good...but they traded for BENOIT Pouliot. M-A (Marc Antoine) Pouliot played for Hamilton in the Edmonton organization a few years ago, and continues to play in Edm.

MAP - http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=61459

BTW (not directed at Neal...just the thread in general)...Tonight's game scares me. The Jackets have Mathieu Garon. A French Canadian and former Hab. We all know they have a very, VERY poor record against that combination...especially in Montreal.

Oops. I'm always mixing those 2 up. And to be honest, I think the Oilers would willingly ditch Marc-Andre for a bag of pucks too.

but the Pouliot who played for the Wild never impressed me. I've probably seen at least half of his games in a Wild uniform, so 40+ games and I can't recall a single one where I came away thinking he had impacting the game positively. Rarely negatively either, but that is damning with faint praise.

Price appears to have found his game.

And, if they can sustain some offensive presence like they had tonight with Gionta, Gomez, Spacek (along with Markov) out...things could still bode well for this team going forward.

i quite like price, i keep thinking that if he went to a team like phx or columbus where there's not as much pressure he'll be an all-star, like an actual legit one :ph34r:

So, the question I have now is: Who the Hell will be playing in Hamilton tonight ? *L*

David Desharnais called up by the Habs

That depends, do you have any plans for the evening?

Actually back to back at home for the Dogs...wasn't feeling well last night, so I stayed in to watch the Habs...tongiht I'm headed to the Dogpound. I guess I should throw my gear in the truck...just in case. At least my pants and socks and helmet will match *L*

No Andrei or Sergei tonight...no Gomez, Gionta, Markov, Gill, Spacek...geez...I think you might as well go check the Bulldogs out instead of the Habs game ;)

The actual 100th Anniversary of teh Montreal Canadiens is this Friday. The pregame ceremonies start at 5:45 and the game is not until 8:00.

Any MSHer's going? I only wish!

Yeah, tried to get tickets for this game when they went on sale and it was just impossible. dang!

Gonna be a good one for sure! Any news on what jerseys they'll be wearing?

19. Richard's Three Stars - On March 23, 1944, Richard stacked his resume with a brilliant playoff performance, scoring all five goals in a 5-1 win over the Maple Leafs and picked as the evening's first, second and third star - the first time any player swept the honours.

I didn't know that was possible. Do they still do that? :)

19. Richard's Three Stars - On March 23, 1944, Richard stacked his resume with a brilliant playoff performance, scoring all five goals in a 5-1 win over the Maple Leafs and picked as the evening's first, second and third star - the first time any player swept the honours.

I didn't know that was possible. Do they still do that? :)

Sundin did it.

one thing i have to give to you habs fans is that you probably give the best standing ovation in sports, yankee's would prolly be a close second

^^^

Traded to the Ducks for a 4th.

Too bad. I really thought watching him Captain Team Canada at the WJC that he was the next Bob Gainey/Guy Carbonneau/Mike Keane type guy. He'd do whatever you asked him to do and do it well...and was SURE to be Captain material.

I suppose he still could be...but right now...he's an 18th overall pick traded for a 4th rounder. Pretty disappointing.