Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2009-2010 Habs Thread

Was he the one who didn't play at all after the Finger goal? Wonder if it was decided then and there.

Most likely. The TSN story said he was on the ice for the first 2 Leaf goals...and didn't play after that. So, unless Martin benched 2 guys last night...Chipper was the guy.

WOW! What an awesome performance tonight! I couldn't be prouder of the boys!!

Everything looked so positve about a week ago...they were scoring more. Carey has his mojo going. Hoping they can get their shit together tomorrow for the big party.

wow! I was a little tired of the 100 year long celebration, but to see some legends on the ice tonight was awesome, Roy and Dryden taking shots.

I was out and didn't see it. But, I've seen some of the highlights...looked like quite to ceremony. I hope they either make it available on iTunes...or release it on DVD.

I want to see the "C" on Cammy. He's been great and seems to have embraced the media as well (or they've embraced him).

+1

The fact that he was the only one to go and shake hands with each and every one of the legends before the game, friday, shows his passion for the game and he knows what this tradition represents in MTL. Pierre Bouchard told reporters he was really impressed with Cammy's attitude last friday.

I want to see the "C" on Cammy. He's been great and seems to have embraced the media as well (or they've embraced him).

+1

The fact that he was the only one to go and shake hands with each and every one of the legends before the game, friday, shows his passion for the game and he knows what this tradition represents in MTL. Pierre Bouchard told reporters he was really impressed with Cammy's attitude last friday.

He definitely gets the history and everything. Not often a guy comes in new and looks like he's been there forever (on ANY team, but espceicllay in Montreal).

They're replaying it on NHL network, now and later @ 6pm.

What was the deal with doing the francophone legends introductions only in French?

The two language thing only applies to the rest of Canada.

They're replaying it on NHL network, now and later @ 6pm.

What was the deal with doing the francophone legends introductions only in French?

C'mon...It was a 2 and a hlf hour ceremony...if they did every introduction in both languages...it wouldhave been 4 hours.

They always do that...Mr. Irvin does lots of stuff in English that isn't repeated in French...and Mr. Lacroix does the French...not always repeated in English.

Viggo Mortensen introducing Lafleur was pretty cool though...

It was a nice ceremony. Too bad they ruined it with Claude Lemieux.

Edit: The thing I thought would be the best as a current Hab player was being in that photo with all those legends. I was half expecting them to leave the current Habs on one bench and then put the B's on the other one.

It was a nice ceremony. Too bad they ruined it with Claude Lemieux.

Edit: The thing I thought would be the best as a current Hab player was being in that photo with all those legends. I was half expecting them to leave the current Habs on one bench and then put the B's on the other one.

Funny that the current player who had the most active role in the ceremony was Ryan O'Byrne. They hated on him pretty good in Montreal after that own goal last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4726626

I've never heard of this happening. I would have just assumed the offending team would have to forfeit for playing with an ineligible player.

It happened to another team (last year, I think). I want to say Colorado....??

Anyone

The NHL Rule FWIW: http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule15.html

That's interesting, I really had no idea that it was so lax. It seems like with the CBA and the salary cap, they might be more strict about eligible and ineligible players, given the somewhat similar situation Calgary faced last year. I wonder what defines an "eligible" player, especially in regards to their contract.

I guess it just means that a team could hypothetically call up Ogie from the Federal League, have him take off someone's head, and not be penalized for it unless they score during his one shift.

That's interesting, I really had no idea that it was so lax. It seems like with the CBA and the salary cap, they might be more strict about eligible and ineligible players, given the somewhat similar situation Calgary faced last year. I wonder what defines an "eligible" player, especially in regards to their contract.

I guess it just means that a team could hypothetically call up Ogie from the Federal League, have him take off someone's head, and not be penalized for it unless they score during his one shift.

FYI:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=430807

White was not an eligible dressed player. There are 4 levels of eligibility within an organization. The transaction for moving White from the AHL teo the NHL roster was reported. I got Press Releases from the Bulldogs and saw the Habs release on their site. I'm sure the failure to report it to the League was moe a techincal failure of a fax machine or e-mail account. Similar to the transaction error that voided a Trade Deadline deal a couple years ago for Boston.

Wow, 6 figures for a screwup with reporting a player. Damn.

I can't imagine a coach/GM combo with Gainey and Martin's expereince forgot to do it. It's a big fine to be paid on a techincal (my theory) failure.

Wow, 6 figures for a screwup with reporting a player. Damn.

I can't imagine a coach/GM combo with Gainey and Martin's expereince forgot to do it. It's a big fine to be paid on a techincal (my theory) failure.

It shows ho seriously the league takes a situation like this. I'd really hate to be the intern that forgot to fax the form though.

price let in another crappy goal off the glove tonight - its the same as before - a high shot that wasnt even on net, but he decided to try to glove it and it ended up going off the glove and in the net...

i always hear the announcers saying his glove is suspect - and now im starting to believe them