Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2009-2010 Habs Thread

ok well...AK46 out for 6 weeks...just awesome

Gionta is back. Pouliot is playing well...Bergeron has filled in decently at F. May not be as bad as it could have been if this injury happened about 3 weeks ago.

but Pacciorety and ,especially, D'Agostini are fucking horrible on the first line. But they don't have anyone else to put on there. If at least Sergei could be back, maybe he could play with pleks and Cammalleri...but he's also more of a playmaker. You almost need 2 snipers playing with pleks. Anyway, nothing we can do about it...Gainey's gonna trade halak though, unfortunately, at the trade deadline...so we'll probably be able to get a decent forward then...but will we still be in the playoff race by then? Ugh! They need to win a few games at home.

but Pacciorety and ,especially, D'Agostini are fucking horrible on the first line. But they don't have anyone else to put on there. If at least Sergei could be back, maybe he could play with pleks and Cammalleri...but he's also more of a playmaker. You almost need 2 snipers playing with pleks. Anyway, nothing we can do about it...Gainey's gonna trade halak though, unfortunately, at the trade deadline...so we'll probably be able to get a decent forward then...but will we still be in the playoff race by then? Ugh! They need to win a few games at home.

Metropolit. He didn't embarass himself playing out of his usualy role earlier in the year:

Cammy/Pleky/Metro

Pouliot/Gomer/Gio

Pax/Max/Bergy

D'Ags/Pyatt (or White)/Moen

yeah, at this point, you might as well put Metro on that line. The guy has decent hands. He surprised me for sure a few times during the season. Can't be worse than Dags or Max. They're both horrible this year. Max is just one good hit from being out for a while. That kid gets destroyed at least once a game, it's just a matter of time. He needs to keep his head up.

Georges is done in Montreal and I would suspect for good. The timing does kinda of suck with his connection to Haiti, but from a hockey standpoint, the game has passed him.

I only hope one day other teams start to get rid of the "fighter" who can't really contribute in other ways.

I like Georges (loved him in Edmonton, scoring the odd goal, jumping off the glass) seems like a nice guy, big heart, local charity supporter and great sense of humor, but as he has even said, the role of the fighter will diminish to nothing and that time has come for him.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=307080

I like Laraque as a person, but I totally agree with Gainey that he is not helping the team win. He just can't skate at the NHL level. He barely ever fights either since he won't fight a guy below his weight class. I was really expecting more from him when he signed with the Habs. I thought he would be good for 5-10 goals and plenty of physical play and fighting, but that just wasn't the case. As far as the distraction goes... I think that he is a bit of a comedian in the room and I think that Gainey and Martin felt that his attitude was detrimental to the team. I was very disappointed when I saw Laraque and Price joking around with Cabbie last year during the playoff series against Boston. They were getting manhandled on the ice and they didn't seem to care at all.

I wasn't aware of GL's personal "Code" before tonight. He won't fight anyone 'below' him...weightclass wise. I think that has left Gorges, Pouliot, Moen and some others in positions where they have felt they have to fight. If you are going to be the enforcer...you enforce. If all you do on the team is that role...you can't be selective. All comers or you don't have a job.

"when a crusher becomes a rusher, he soon becomes an usher"

I like big Georges and I think he is still among the top heavyweights but I feel he somehow felt he was "above" the enforcer role. Injuries limited his role somewhat but he just didn't seem to feel the need to fight anymore.

They all lose their taste for it eventually.

I remember when it happened to Domi, Kypreos etc...at some point they have just had enough.

I remember when it happened to Domi, Kypreos etc...at some point they have just had enough.

True, there is always a new crop of young enthusiastic guys who want a shot at the title. I wish Kypreos would lose his taste for being on TV, I think that guy sustained some brain damage ;)

True, there is always a new crop of young enthusiastic guys who want a shot at the title. I wish Kypreos would lose his taste for being on TV, I think that guy sustained some brain damage ;)

Can't be any worse than PJ Stock. Did he marry someone's daughter or what?

Benoit Pouliot has 11 goals since joining the Habs. He had 9 in parts of 3 seasons in Minny. People have been pretty critcal of BG this year (and last) but this was a fantastic move that has paid off for both teams.

Benoit Pouliot has 11 goals since joining the Habs. He had 9 in parts of 3 seasons in Minny. People have been pretty critcal of BG this year (and last) but this was a fantastic move that has paid off for both teams.

Agreed.

Still, Kovy with a C this year would've been amazing...

Agreed.

Still, Kovy with a C this year would've been amazing...

I wouldn't want Kovy wearing the "C" in Montreal the way he is playing in Ottawa. He's streakier than I've ever seen Kovalev play.

Speaking of Max:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=...vid=DL|MTL|home

Probably exactly what he needs right now...go to Hamilton and play a top 6 role rather than being in Montreal getting 5-8 minutes per game.

Just saw a new PR from the Bulldogs. Matt D'Agostini has been sent down as well...and Ben Maxwell has been called up. I think this helps both teams greatly. Guys like Max & Matt down fired up to play well...and do a good job, while Ben goes up (deservedly) and it allows Martin to shuffle some lines and not keep putting Max/Matt in positions that they were obviously not comforatble. Hopefully, both sides of the org. benefit from this move(s)

I bet the d-men don't like when Carey puts his arms up in the air after a goal, almost to say "it's your fault not mine". He has done this more in the last 2yrs than any other goalie I can think of.

Price is good and has the potential to be really good but he has quite the attitude problem for sure. Many things are bing tossed around on that story. Price was supposedly looking for a scapegoat which ended up being Markov who missed two good scoring chances and was partly responsible for the goal defense wise and supposedly he let Markov havit to which Markov basically told him to shut up and stop the puck. That's a transcription of what was just said on RDS on the news.

If ever there was a textbook case of a blue-chip athlete being psychologically mishandled, it's Carey Price. Compare this with how the Pens handled Fleury, who was touted just as highly but had a few skeletons in his closet from the World Juniors and the Q playoffs, and it's night and day.

There is a way to let a young goalie play his way into the NHL elite, and this is not it. IMO, it started when they traded Huet for a second; the ultimate cost was Price's safety net. So Huet leaves in the summer via free agency: big deal. Keeping him for that playoff run means Price doesn't have to face it alone. Suddenly the veteran's gone, and a young goalie is thrown from a internally supportive environment into an internally competitive one with Halak.

I'm sure there are *some* goalies who would have benefited from such a change - guys who might have chaffed under a veteran presence - but Price is apparently not one of them.

If ever there was a textbook case of a blue-chip athlete being psychologically mishandled, it's Carey Price. Compare this with how the Pens handled Fleury, who was touted just as highly but had a few skeletons in his closet from the World Juniors and the Q playoffs, and it's night and day.

There is a way to let a young goalie play his way into the NHL elite, and this is not it. IMO, it started when they traded Huet for a second; the ultimate cost was Price's safety net. So Huet leaves in the summer via free agency: big deal. Keeping him for that playoff run means Price doesn't have to face it alone. Suddenly the veteran's gone, and a young goalie is thrown from a internally supportive environment into an internally competitive one with Halak.

I'm sure there are *some* goalies who would have benefited from such a change - guys who might have chaffed under a veteran presence - but Price is apparently not one of them.

QFT

+1

...not sure how else you say it in 'webspeak' but you are bang on.