Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2009-2010 Habs Thread

If the Habs re-sign them at a total (for both) of $8M or less per season for a reasonable term (3-5 years), they could have the best goaltending situation in the NHL. It's hard to pay much less than that for one top-flight goalie and a capable backup, let alone two potential #1 goalies. Halak's stock has risen, Price's has dropped, but they could still both be afforded.

Best case: someone throws a huge offer-sheet at one (or both), and the Habs walk away with a boatload of picks.

And Cedrick Desjardins in net next year? And 2 years from now...they're still struggling to be an 8th place team...and we're talking about how they rushed another goalie after some good AHL numbers. 1 of these 2...(or both, as you say) need to be resigned.

I think Habs best situation is for someone to throw an offer sheet at one of Price/Halak, take the draft pics from one and sign the other. I really think you need to keep one of those guys, Halak IMO with the amount of shots against. Now that Gainey is out maybe Price isn't so coveted..

They have to be careful that they don't put one of the guys in a position of power before a long term contract is signed.

That was a helluva game. Habs play streak killer again. I know this is weird in a 6-5 game...but Price looked good tonight. A lot of what he was beat on, few guys would have stopped. I hope Gorges is okay....that was damn scary.

I love the Habs games with all these Dogs playing. The AHL, Hamilton, and Guy Boucher (not to mention Don Lever and Claude Julien before him ) are getting lots of props & attention lately.

PK Subban has been called up.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=...vid=DL|MTL|home

I know I should be happy for him...but I fear this will be another guy rushed into service that will suffer a setback in his overall development. I really wanted him to play a full season in the AHL THEN get a solid chance to win a spot next year in Camp.

With Mathieu Carle already out for the year and Weber with the Swiss Olympic team...this does leave us a little light on D in Hamilton too. :(

[EDIT]: upon further thought...this may just be insurance in case Gorges can't play tomorrow. Weber would likely be the callup in this situatuon...but he's in Van City with Team Suisse.

So, the Habs stay close to SJ for 2 and a half periods...and probably should have won that game...then come out flying aginst another Western Power (LA). So, I'm in for a huge dissapointment tonight v. Anaheim aren't I?

The Jeckyl and Hyde Habs... :(

Ok well I think this proves it, the players don't wanna play for Price. They're just more confident with Halak in nets. When Price is in there, they back up until they're basically ON Price just so that they can block the shot. Price is horrible since last year, and shouldn't start for the rest of the season if the Habs want to make the playoffs. What an awesome comeback tonight.

I was at the game tonight, and I'm still a bit confused. How did Gionta's goal count? It looked like Hiller made the save, looked at the ref, and got up. The puck went behind him and the ref pointed a goal. When is the play officially dead? I'm glad they won and all, but even as a Habs fan I still feel like it was shitty way to win.

I hope everyone can stay healthy until Cammy and Bergy get back. I'm still curious to see what this full lineup can do.

Gionta/Gomez/Pouliot have sure looked good lately.

I just love how that old douchebag on NHL Live this afternoon said that he garanteed that the Rangers were gonna win today. No clue who he is but i already hated him because he brings nothing to the show, and this made me hate him even more. I hope someone calls up tomorrow to stick it in his face.

Habs are on fire and they're playing pretty well! Can't wait until Cammy and Bergeron come back! That's gonna be 3 really strong lines right there. The poweplay is gonna be even sicker.

I think Carey Price is trying to break Turco's record of most masks worn in a season. He's got a new one on tonight...which if my math is right makes 5 this season.

there's loads of pics of it but none close enough the only thing i see in detail is the 100 in the front chin part

Wow! :o

Habs pretty much controlled that game. Miller kept Buffalo in it.

2-0 Habs.

Just over 3 minutes left. Habs take a penalty. Buffalo pulls Miller. Score 6 on 4 (2-1).

Okay...no worries. Less than 2 minutes left. Pull Miller again. Score 6 on 5. (2-2).

Price really didn't have much chance on either goal..but really didn't look good in the SO.

Sabres win 3-2.

Wow...just wow!

Single point moves Montreal into 6th (I think).

Damn...I feel bad for Booth. That was a beautiful hit but that Richards hit just messed him up probably forever. Poor guy...RDS said that they took him directly to a hospital because he wouldn't stop bleeding (not sure where he was bleeding from). Hope he can come back next year.

That's just sad. Clean hit IMO but it was to be expected that the next solid hit would knock him out again. Look at Simon Gagné when he came back from his concussion (or one of his concussions), he got hit pretty midly into the boards and was concussed so imagine that hit on Booth now. For his own sake it could be wise to look at other career options so not to do anymore damage than what has already been done.

The funny thing about concussions is you start feeling better and think you're ready to go back, long before you are actually well enough to go back. If I was playing in a checking league, I wouldn't be anywhere near the ice right now.

Travis Moen looks like hell...and kinda weird wearing a visor...but 3 days after 50 stitches in the face...he was back on the ice last night.

90954822FL0203_Panthers_Can.jpg

That's just sad. Clean hit IMO but it was to be expected that the next solid hit would knock him out again. Look at Simon Gagné when he came back from his concussion (or one of his concussions), he got hit pretty midly into the boards and was concussed so imagine that hit on Booth now. For his own sake it could be wise to look at other career options so not to do anymore damage than what has already been done.

The same thing happened when Patrice Bergeron came back from his severe concussion. A good, solid hit put him out again for a few weeks. He just lately is looking like the player he was beforehand.

Article on the RDS website is saying the the Bulldogs owner is considering moving the dogs from Hamilton to Laval because they wanna build a new arena that will fit 10000 people in there.

Here's the article...it's in French though. Feel free to use whatever translator you prefer :P

Bulldogs to Laval

It would suck ass for you Radio...