Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 09-10 Thread

I think Wilson is possibly the worst coach in the history of the team, of which there's been many. I'm so sick of listening to that arrogant gasbag throw his players under the bus.

I think Wilson is possibly the worst coach in the history of the team, of which there's been many. I'm so sick of listening to that arrogant gasbag throw his players under the bus.

And Kessel thought Julien was a pain to play for. All I can say is good luck.

well, to be honest I would commend him for being able to find something about their play that can be complimented other than fighting. I know it's an impossible argument to win, but i really do think the leafs will be fine. We seem to go through a slump every year in January.. I would much rather get it over with now. Every team was bad weeks/months, and I just love how quick people are to start saying things as extreme as what I've read on this page... NO talent left, Worst coach in history. Teams can win under shit management/coaching and they can lose with future hall of famers in the press box. I'm not saying they're playoff bound this year, but i still think it's far too early to say the leafs are done.

Do player's skill levels's drop when they but on the blue or something? The leafs are gonna be in the Taylor Hall lotto. guarenteed.

they would be if they didn't trade it for kessel..

lol...Boston is in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes. they must be popping champagne bottles there right now. were on pace to go 0-82-1

this is horrible. i cant believe we paid so much for komisarek too. he seems like a cheapshot artist that picks on and only hits smaller guys...

i am wondering what the over/under on wilson is right now, if he cant get these guys playing...

i think maybe the guys are giving up on the coach? what do you guys think?

well, to be honest I would commend him for being able to find something about their play that can be complimented other than fighting. I know it's an impossible argument to win, but i really do think the leafs will be fine. We seem to go through a slump every year in January.. I would much rather get it over with now. Every team was bad weeks/months, and I just love how quick people are to start saying things as extreme as what I've read on this page... NO talent left, Worst coach in history. Teams can win under shit management/coaching and they can lose with future hall of famers in the press box. I'm not saying they're playoff bound this year, but i still think it's far too early to say the leafs are done.

Are you new too the city? Be aware if you flip someon off in traffic they may follow you for a bit.

was watching some of the post game interviews on maple leafs.com and ron wilson seems to be realizing that kicking the crap out of his players in post game interviews isnt really working (at least after todays interview).

during the timeout in the colorado game last night he was giving the players hell and no one was really paying any attention to him...not good.

he also said it may be time for the players to have fun and just relax a bit...it is a game after all isnt it

tsn article, see 4th paragraph and 5th paragraph

check out the game highlights on sportsnet homepage for no one listening to wilson in game highlights

Might have helped if Tucker did that more often when he played for Toronto. Nice to see him rise from the dead after his performance last season.

Back to the Leafs: name the coach Burke replaces Wilson with.

I don't see Burke getting rid of Wilson, or at least not until after the Olympic break. Would make for some team awkwardness to fire your coach when you have to work together for the Olympics. In Wilson's defence, his team is playing like shit in front of him. Dumb, needless penalties, brutal penalty killing, no offensive talent, a band-aid rookie goalie, and another who's playing himself straight out of the NHL. What do you expect Wilson to do? He can't exactly turn water into wine. I don't think there really is a coach out there that would show any significant improvement to this team over Wilson. Toronto is still in rebuild mode. Expecting them to contend with the upper echelon of teams in the league so soon is ignorant on your part.

Do player's skill levels's drop when they but on the blue or something? The leafs are gonna be in the Taylor Hall lotto. guarenteed.

they would be if they didn't trade it for kessel..

lol...Boston is in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes. they must be popping champagne bottles there right now. were on pace to go 0-82-1

this is horrible. i cant believe we paid so much for komisarek too. he seems like a cheapshot artist that picks on and only hits smaller guys...

i am wondering what the over/under on wilson is right now, if he cant get these guys playing...

He was like that against the Bruins last year at least. He was more than happy to push Savard or Kessel around until Chara or Lucic showed up. The previous year he looked like a great defensive defense man who could shut down the opposing teams top line.

I'm not a fan of Komisarek by any means but he is a strong defenseman. He gets off his game when he tries to play the tough guy role.

I don't see Burke getting rid of Wilson, or at least not until after the Olympic break. Would make for some team awkwardness to fire your coach when you have to work together for the Olympics. In Wilson's defence, his team is playing like shit in front of him. Dumb, needless penalties, brutal penalty killing, no offensive talent, a band-aid rookie goalie, and another who's playing himself straight out of the NHL. What do you expect Wilson to do? He can't exactly turn water into wine. I don't think there really is a coach out there that would show any significant improvement to this team over Wilson. Toronto is still in rebuild mode. Expecting them to contend with the upper echelon of teams in the league so soon is ignorant on your part.

No way Wilson gets fired with Burke and Olympics down the road. As far as your last sentence, I don't expect anything of the Leafs. They have a long way to go but people in Toronto are tired of waiting. A lot of talk over the summer is showing no early results or reason to be optimistic.

I think Wilson is safe (at least for now)

(from tsn.ca article)

"Well, I think it's absurd," Burke said. "This guy has coached over 1,000 games in the NHL. Did he suddenly forget how to coach? I can tell you this, there will be numerous, multiple player changes before the coaching staff would even be looked at, let alone considered. The players are at fault here. We're not getting it done. It's not the coaching staff. It's the players not executing."

Full article ----> http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294818

Not so sure. Coach firings usually occur within weeks of such gems from a GM.

As DS points out...they have a history with Team USA...so I doubt he'd fire him before the Olympics and then have to work with him through Vancouver...now AFTER the break...all bets/votes of confidence are off.

another bad game...a few points from watching the game

Beauchemin looked horrible...i can see why he was replaced by ian white on the power play

Luke Schenn has to develop somewhat of a slapshot...i dont think wristers from the point are going to get past the hash marks even (and they didnt)

Stempniak seemed to be the only one who cared, along with Stajan and Blake

i still cant understand why they gave up after being down 2 goals.

komisarek had an okay night tonight...better than the other nights he's had

they got booed pretty bad tonight again off the ice

maybe ron wilson needs to do this to light a fire under his players... what the leafs maybe need...youtube vid

maybe he should even do it right after the game. work on thier conditioning...while the crowd is there. if you dont want to play hard during the game, you will do it after.

well they definitely played better they just ran into a hot goalie, whilst not having one themselves...really like stajan, blake, stralberg line along with stempniak, hagman doesn't seem to fit on the grabovski line

maybe ron wilson needs to do this to light a fire under his players... what the leafs maybe need...youtube vid

maybe he should even do it right after the game. work on thier conditioning...while the crowd is there. if you dont want to play hard during the game, you will do it after.

The players now have a union and stuff like that wouldn't slide. But if the leafs think they can win on talent alone, gentlemen, they don't have enough talent, to win on talent alone... Again.

F'ing Classic

The players now have a union and stuff like that wouldn't slide. But if the leafs think they can win on talent alone, gentlemen, they don't have enough talent, to win on talent alone... Again.

F'ing Classic

lol yah i love that line. i use that when i playing games too, work hard because i am not talented. i am good for a point a game minimum but only because of hard work, not talent...

didnt realize the union would step in on things on like that. but it makes you wonder, its almost like saying they wouldnt let bag skates go either, or players getting benched and stuff...

but something has to be done to get these guys going.

btw one last point, i think Beauchemin is quickly realizing that there arent any pronger's or neidermayer's in toronto to cover up alot of his mistakes or help him out to make his job easier.

While a lot of players will look better playing with a Pronger or nieds, I think Beauchemin is one of those who when playing with talent really take off.