Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 09-10 Thread

the boys finally won one.

beauchemin almost coughed it up at the end there...

close game. watching it i kept thinking of all the times Carolina has made crazy comebacks and when we got that penalty... :(

hopefully this can do something for team confidence and we can kick some rear end tommorrow in the hall of fame game. :angry:

I don’t know if im the only one but I think that grabo needs to get his head out of his ass and start scoring some goals. He normally gets about 1 point per game but he needs to be better. He's my favourite player and he needs to do better. Maybe if he played on a line with kessel it would help but you never know.

i know leafs are underachieving but i think less so than other teams that actually have stars in them, casing point carolina lol, they might have a better record but damn are they doing bad, didn't watch the game though, how was the flow for the leafs?

They have looked really good for the last six or seven games. With Gustavson playing like he has he will give them a chance to win most nights.

As a Bruins fan I've paid a little more attention then usual and I hope the miss the playoffs. But I think they will be in mix.

did anyone see that one brown guy not standing when they were honoring the veterens? that pissed the hell out of me, i don't care if you don't stand for the anthem or for a HOFer or whatever but how the F do you not show the honor that the veterens rightly deserve?!!?!? :rolleyes:

did anyone see that one brown guy not standing when they were honoring the veterens? that pissed the hell out of me, i don't care if you don't stand for the anthem or for a HOFer or whatever but how the F do you not show the honor that the veterens rightly deserve?!!?!? :angry:

yah i saw that too...i am brown myself and got choked up a bit during that ceremony. even the hockey night in canada one on saturday when don cherry showed canada's hall of famers. One of his kids was standing though, but him and his little son weren't. maybe he had a bad leg or something? seeing that one of his kids was standing and him and the little one werent...then again you never know but that was disrespectful

just on a side note though...are we 100% sure this guy was brown???

that game could of gone either way today. i was watching the pregame on sportsnet and they kept talking about how if the wild win, its because backstrom stole the show, and that is pretty much what ended up happening. he was amazing in net. gustavson kept us in there though with some amazing saves. once again if kessel doesnt hit the post and we score, maybe its a different game. we str8 up got outplayed today.

anyone know what happened to komisarek? i really hope they call up Frogren or Gunnarson or Oreskovic fi they are going to replace komi if he is out for a while.

so Vesa is getting the start tonight.

Gunnarsson got called up too, with Komisarek's injury.

I hope both of them can put up a good show. if we can get the D to play really well in front of Vesa and if he can make a few big saves early (which may not be necessary if the d plays well, but then again chicago is pretty offensive so just saying) we might not do too bad tonight.

as well just a quick question, my apologies if this is a stupid one or one that may have been answered before. does Frogren have to clear waivers if he gets called up or sent down. i think its yes but i am not quite sure.

anyone else have any thoughts on tonights game? :D

I'm pretty sure Frogren has to clear due to his age when signing his contract. I feel bad for him, as I'm sure if he knew Burke was going to bring in three new D he would have stayed in Sweden. But you have to respect a Euro for honoring his contract, even though he could be playing in a better league at home.

I'm pretty sure Frogren has to clear due to his age when signing his contract. I feel bad for him, as I'm sure if he knew Burke was going to bring in three new D he would have stayed in Sweden. But you have to respect a Euro for honoring his contract, even though he could be playing in a better league at home.

yah watcing forgren play...that guy is a monster in the AHL

he hits everything...EVERYTHING lol...

i love watching his determination down there...

he is pretty solid.

i really hope he gets a chance after this season is up. he would be good 3rd to 5th defenceman.

I just finished cleanin my undies from the 2nd one

i caught snipits of the game and heard a bit on the radio.

lol yah those 2 goals were beautiful. he almost scored both of them from the exact same spot...

Vesa made some huge saves to keep them in that game though...

if that goal is counted by Hagman...maybe its 3-3 game and the outcome of this game is different...

I didnt catch the Schenn fight...is he doing as bad as everyone thinks? do you guys think maybe the pressure is getting to him? Dreaded Sophomore Slump

he usually has a pretty good game when he is put with Ian White was that the case today? that Kane take away, you could see the look of defeat in Luke's eyes right after. poor kid.

watched the latter half in a restaurant, i think schenns doing fine, its just we don't notice him as much coz of all the "improvements" on D, last year he was the one bright spot

does anyone here ever listen to the postgame with Andy Frost on AM640

i usually listen to it on my way to shinny...and oh man are there some characters on there :angry:

how do you guys think we looked tonight. Gunnarsson had a real good game. Beauchemin was a -4 (something has to be done with this guy, he is having brutal games one right after the other)

Toskala played pretty well when he got put in...he only let in 1 goal...i am not sure how many shots he saw though.

Gunnarsson and Schenn looked really good together. Ian White had a decent game.

I really wish Kaberle would just shoot. he gave up a good shot a few times tonight just to pass it off...

Kiprusoff won that game for Calgary or at least kept em in there.

true...

he did score a nice goal...i wish he would shoot more often though like that. he was doing it alot in the preseason then stopped

and it seems as though he is on the ice alot when the other team is scoring or he isnt making a good defensive play that turns into a goal (take the body or what have you)

maybe i am just not a fan of his play yet.

i was glad to see Gunnarsson get more time on PP though.

i'm just glad blakes not on the same line as kessel, they both shoot a lot and by putting them together you getting the shots cut in half, i think its about time bozak comes back, seems like he can set up kessel quite well IMO Gunnarsson definitely looked good

anyone else notice how quiet the leaf fans can be...my god its horrible sometimes.

whatever happened to getting a cheer going to get the team going or rallying behind your team when they are down.

the second we get down a goal, you dont hear anything until someone scores (even then...its not that loud)

why is this...? anyone have any input?

funny story...last season me and my gf went to a leafs game (preseason against St Louis Blues when schenn scored the shoot out winner)...it was sooooooooo quiet. there were times when i didnt think there was a game going on.

i was a bit loud and cheering and trying to get something going, and ppl looked at me like i was weird.

at the marlies game...$#!t gets loud alot lol

I gotta say, a Phantom call is one thing...but a Phantom 4 Minute call is insane.

They are definitely finding new and interesting ways to lose. A 3-0 lead on a bad team??? That lead could only be blown by a bad team!

Gustavsson is starting to show major frustration. It seems to be (erroneously) self-directed at this point, which means it's just a matter of time before he 1) holds himself responsible for goals that aren't his fault all the time, and cracks himself with mental strain, or 2) starts to blame the team, whether he keeps it to himself or not.

I would be stunned to see him re-sign in Toronto. I would not be at all surprised to see him start chucking baleful glances and sticks at his D like Aubin did in the McCabe days.