Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers 2009-2010

If Richards hit him shoulder-to-shoulder, I have no problem at all with that hit, and it would have been punishing.

He attacked the head of a defenseless player, and put him at risk of serious injury: suspension.

Guarantee if Crosby threw that hit you flyers fans would be crying for a suspension.

Except that Crysby doesn't throw hits... ever. So your point is invalid.

As for Richards... bonehead play. Absolutely worthy of a 2 game suspension.

i don't think i intentionally went for the head, it happened like a split second after he passed the puck. Its a shitty situation but i don't think that deserves suspension.

Seriously? It wasn't like Booth made a sudden move before the hit and Richards had plenty of time to line up his hit. He knew exactly where he was going to hit Booth.

yes it was head contact and yes maybe they could of suspended him a game or two but it was not intentional and i dont mean to sound like an ass and i hate seeing players injured but he shouldnt of been admiring his pass

yes it was head contact and yes maybe they could of suspended him a game or two but it was not intentional and i dont mean to sound like an ass and i hate seeing players injured but he shouldnt of been admiring his pass

Not intentional? Riiiiiight.

your damn right it wasnt intentional.

mike richards is not the kind of guy who is going to plow his shoulder intentionally into someones face.

what you guys fail to realize is that an inch or two to the side and it would have been shoulder to shoulder contact. its not easy to be THAT precise when you line a guy up. especially when things happen that fast.

not to mention the fact that booth had it coming for him walking into the middle admiring his pass. i hate seeing him get hurt and i genuinely hope he gets better soon..but he put himself in such a vulnerable position.

its just not richards's fault that he made contact with the head. the speed of the game just does not allow for him to be so precise as to have him lined up by the centimeter.

give him 5 and a game for the result. i understand the ref was in a position where a call would have been necessary especially because you cant video review something like that...but a suspension would have been unnecessary. this is the first thing ive seen the league get right in a while.

this is the first thing ive seen the league get right in a while.

Of course it is... when you're a Flyer's fan. <_<

Was the hit intentional? Yes. Was the result intentional? That, I'm not so sure of.

He didn't care what the result was.

At the time, obviously not. After the game however, you could tell he was remorseful. I don't think he was even ready for the magnitude of the hit. Did you see any of the post-game interviews?

who are you to say whether he cared or not?

i will say it again..if richards played for...the blue jackets..you would not be saying something like that.

he is a player with a history of going all out 100% of the time. not a history of cheap shots.

he was absolutely remorseful after the game.

he was not aiming for booth's head. its unfortunate that that is what he got though...

i will say it again..if richards played for...the blue jackets..you would not be saying something like that.

he is a player with a history of going all out 100% of the time. not a history of cheap shots.

he was not aiming for booth's head. its unfortunate that that is what he got though...

You are... ugh.

Chadd wouldn't approve. :ph34r:

I said it before, however, you can say what you want about the hit, but the ruling went down, and no suspension or fine was handed out. That means the play is over, and life goes on. You can tell it was still bothering him if you watched him last night against the Sharks - he sucked. The entire team sucked. Hopefully they can pick their game back up and steal one from Washington tomorrow.

At the time, obviously not. After the game however, you could tell he was remorseful. I don't think he was even ready for the magnitude of the hit. Did you see any of the post-game interviews?

Of course he was contrite after the game and hopefully he never throws another hit like that again. However, there was no concern for the other guy at the time he tried to decapitate Booth.

You are... ugh.

oh im sorry. i didnt realize i was arguing for approval. i thought we could just have a legitimate discussion about a hockey play.

so sorry. wont happen again.

You are... ugh.

oh im sorry. i didnt realize i was arguing for approval. i thought we could just have a legitimate discussion about a hockey play.

so sorry. wont happen again.

He was censoring himself, the implication being that he was going to use language that I would find inappropriate.

Someone really needs to take off his homer glasses. Did Booth make a sudden move at the last second that put his head where his shoulder should have been? No. It is good that he was remorseful but that doesn't change what he did to Booth.

It is all but certain that Gagne's hernias will require surgery, and Randy Jones has been placed on re-entry waivers.

Any ideas on how long Gagne will be out? Id have to imagine he'll miss the Olympics.

I don't think this has been linked to yet, but it's interesting to see even former Flyers captain Primeau call out Richard's head shot on Booth and say it has no place in the NHL. The link is to a Hockey News article that quotes both Primeau and Foote calling for action to stop head shots. The Hockey News article links to another article that quotes Primeau at length. He knows something about concussions.

http://thehockeynews.com/articles/29024-TH...head-shots.html

I feel some momentum toward protecting players, but I don't see anything big happening until the owners change they way they think. They have to consider their players as investments that they should protect and maximize the value of. As a fan of the league, I can tell you what the league's most valuable asset is. It's the players, especially the skill players. I sure want the league and owners to protect them, because I want to see them play and not be reading about early retirements and years of suffering post-concussion syndrome and never really feeling right again.

It is all but certain that Gagne's hernias will require surgery, and Randy Jones has been placed on re-entry waivers.

Any ideas on how long Gagne will be out? Id have to imagine he'll miss the Olympics.

6-8 weeks, so I would imagine that hurts his Olympic chances.