Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers 2009-2010

Roman Cechmanke, Brian Boucher, Neil Little, Garth Snow, Robert Esche, Marty Biron, Antero Niittymaki, Sean Burke, Jeff Hackett, John Vanbiesbrouck.....

Look at this list and tell me who is a proven number 1? Not one in my opinion. We haven't had a serious starter since Hextall. This needs to stop.

I've heard both Clarke and Holmgren both say that you don't need a dominant goalie to win a Stanley Cup. As long as the organization thinks that way, the merry go round will continue.

Wow, when it rains it pours. With the Flyers in 6th, it's starting to look like they'll be clinging to that 8th position unless they can start holding their ground.

I've heard both Clarke and Holmgren both say that you don't need a dominant goalie to win a Stanley Cup. As long as the organization thinks that way, the merry go round will continue.

I had never heard that, but it certainly makes sense given whats gone on in the past and doesn't give me much hope for the future.

Wow, when it rains it pours. With the Flyers in 6th, it's starting to look like they'll be clinging to that 8th position unless they can start holding their ground.

It will also give us a chance to see what they would have looked like had they traded Carter. Unfortunately, they will also be using their number three goalie instead of a true number one.

Roman Cechmanke, Brian Boucher, Neil Little, Garth Snow, Robert Esche, Marty Biron, Antero Niittymaki, Sean Burke, Jeff Hackett, John Vanbiesbrouck.....

Look at this list and tell me who is a proven number 1? Not one in my opinion. We haven't had a serious starter since Hextall. This needs to stop.

Goalie is to Philly as Quarterback is to Buffalo.

This is absolutely, the worst fucking officiated game I have ever seen in my young life.

Excuse my language, but this is pathetic.

The Flyers got away with as much as Ottawa and none of the angles on the goal were definitive. The hit on Gagne being the only "missed call" that I can agree with.

That was a long review!

It looked like a goal to me... but I can't disagree with the ruling.

They have to have CONCLUSIVE evidence that the puck crossed the goal line to overturn the ruling on the ice... pretty crazy though

That was a long review!

It looked like a goal to me... but I can't disagree with the ruling.

They have to have CONCLUSIVE evidence that the puck crossed the goal line to overturn the ruling on the ice... pretty crazy though

The closest one to conclusive for me was the low angle zoomed in, but they didn't hold it long enough to look all that closely. They were going crazy about the overhead angles, but anytime you zoom the same shot and it doesn't support your case it's hard to call that conclusive.

They still would have needed a second goal to tie.

The penalty that should have been called on the Gagne hit would have wiped out the second goal.

The penalty that should have been called on the Gagne hit would have wiped out the second goal.

... and possibly (depending on if Gagne and Carcillo reacted differently) 7 minutes of penalties to kill off. I had forgotten about the goal on that play.

... and possibly (depending on if Gagne and Carcillo reacted differently) 7 minutes of penalties to kill off late in the game. I had forgotten about the goal on that play.

I only saw the highlights but the goal definitely looked in to me, although I could see how it could be considered inconclusive. As for Gagne, to say he knew volchenkov was coming is a bit of a stretch. He may have had an idea but at no point would it have been a shoulder to shoulder hit unless he turned all the way around the other way. Seeing him jump him after the goal though was pretty reminiscent of stuff I've seen in Juvenile games.

Last nights game was a microcosm of what this entire season has been all about. In my opinion, Hartnell, Gagne and Briere are all disposable because none of them play with any sort of heart. Its crazy to think that with the money spent on them we could have 5 solid forwards for them.

I still think Gagne has some good to offer, and his heart is there. I think his incident with Volchenkov proved that.

On the other hand, I think Brian Boucher is hockey's version of Brad Lidge.

Usually starting dialogue about officiating leads nowhere, but there were certainly some strange calls made in the Pens game.

Usually starting dialogue about officiating leads nowhere, but there were certainly some strange calls made in the Pens game.

Yeah, there are a few posts in the Pens topic.

Ovie was suspended again.. oh well, i guess if we get rid of Richards, we should get rid of Ovie too... Let's just kiss our sport good bye and make it as soft as basketball.. Things out there are moving so fast, some things that look intentional probably werent meant to be. But they happen. I love richie as a player, and if he has the respect of his peers, and made team Canada, I could care less about any other opinions. He gave Booth the benefit of engaging in a fight to even it up, and richie really looked like he gave booth a couple free shots and held back a little

I wonder if Sebastien Caron will be any help.

I suppose anything's worth a shot at this point.

Anyone know if Backlund is going to be okay soon?