Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

They outshot the Habs 47-25, including 7 to 10 pointblank shots. Rask had no chance on the first goal, although he possibly misplayed the second goal. That's hard to say, however, because it's a leap of faith of which way to look when the goalie is being screened. Rask leaned right, while the shot went to his left.

The point I'm making is everything gets magnified during a losing streak. If they were in the midst of a .600 run, you be referring to last night as a tough loss because Halak was unreal. Instead it's, "Is anyone even trying??????"

The truth is a lot of their players would be above average complementary players for a team with pure goal scorers; without the pure scorers, they have to rely on their goalies being stone walls.

The problem is that they didn't bury those scoring chances. That game should have been 4-0 by the time the Habs scored their first goal but it wasn't. Sure, the effort was nice but in the end a loss is still a loss and this one could be more of a setback than getting trounced 8-0 would have been.

They outshot the Habs 47-25, including 7 to 10 pointblank shots. Rask had no chance on the first goal, although he possibly misplayed the second goal. That's hard to say, however, because it's a leap of faith of which way to look when the goalie is being screened. Rask leaned right, while the shot went to his left.

The point I'm making is everything gets magnified during a losing streak. If they were in the midst of a .600 run, you be referring to last night as a tough loss because Halak was unreal. Instead it's, "Is anyone even trying??????"

The truth is a lot of their players would be above average complementary players for a team with pure goal scorers; without the pure scorers, they have to rely on their goalies being stone walls.

I agree with this.

I hear a lot of fans use the "we outshot them" defence when they lose (nothing against you Jason). If you get 47 shots you need to get more than 2 goals. I find shots on goal to be a useless stat, Morris and Wideman each got 4 SOG and Chara and Boychuk accounted for 5 SOG between them - without good traffic in front and forwards who are deflecting the puck, shots from the point are not too difficult for a good goalie. It is of much more concern to see Satan and Lucic get no shots.

I expected the Bruins to take a fall from last year but I never expected to see them stuck in 12th and so consistently crappy this year.

The worst part is they haven't played as bad lately. But when you can't bury that clutch opportunity it seems to haunt them every time.

The worst part is they haven't played as bad lately. But when you can't bury that clutch opportunity it seems to haunt them every time.

Agreed. Julien can't shot the puck for the players, they have to finish their opportunities. They are not giving up very many goals so they have to make the best of their opportunities.

I don't think a shake up is needed, and Julien didn't get stupid over night. Hopefully they can get some wins in the next four games before the Olympic break. Montreal, Buffalo, Tampa and Florida are all teams they should be able to compete with and hopefully beat. The teams are all so close that the Bruins really need to win or else they are going to drop out of contention.

Agreed. Julien can't shot the puck for the players, they have to finish their opportunities. They are not giving up very many goals so they have to make the best of their opportunities.

I don't think a shake up is needed, and Julien didn't get stupid over night. Hopefully they can get some wins in the next four games before the Olympic break. Montreal, Buffalo, Tampa and Florida are all teams they should be able to compete with and hopefully beat. The teams are all so close that the Bruins really need to win or else they are going to drop out of contention.

That is exactly right. They compete with the top teams they have faced this year. The problem is that they can't put teams away when they have the opportunity.

Anyone just see the quick spot of the guys in the Habs jerseys? (a big guy stuffing his face with hot wings).

"Have you had enough?!"

Mean, but funny as hell.

Hopefully these were Satan's last games on a team with Chara. I'm assuming the bruins hold onto him for the rest of the season in case of injuries, but I'd rather see someone younger get ice time and not produce instead of seeing someone who should probably just retire not produce

Sloppy start to the game, then outplayed them for thirty minutes, before giving away the game for twenty minutes. It's very disappointing to see so many periods of lethargic play.

Sloppy start to the game, then outplayed them for thirty minutes, before giving away the game for twenty minutes. It's very disappointing to see so many periods of lethargic play.

That's been the pattern this year :angry:

I guess we don't have to worry about them not picking up a winger for Savard's line. :facepalm:

Besides the lack of goal scoring and general inconsistency, They can't stay healthy.

They better fix this team over the summer. This year has been way too painful to watch.

Random posts from the game day thread at letsgopens.com

Really cheap shot by Cooke. He should be suspended. Head shots have to go! This kind of stuff is ridiculous.
No excuses for that, Cooke. :thumbdown:
Cooke deserves a suspension for that one and not just because he is Matt Cooke.
Not cool, Matt.
i can't defend cooke on that one.
That was intentional and is deserving of a lengthy suspension. Disgusted with Cooke right now.
Won't defend that play. I mean I guess, by the rulebook, a hit to the head isn't illegal. I don't think he got his elbow up, but still... really unnecessary. Don't like seeing it. Won't defend it.
That was still really unnecessary, and it was a very ugly play by Cooke.
Colby (Armstrong) would be proud. Takes a real man to blindside someone to the head like that.
Matt Cooke is a dirty, gutless POS. I'm embarrased that he is a Pittsburgh Penguin. He deserves at LEAST 10 games.
I find myself hating the Bruins and their fat bloated goaltender more and more every time the Pens play them.
Just to see if anyone's still reading this ;)

I'm undecided whether it was a dirty hit.

Cooke did appear to bunch up his shoulder slightly, looking for a bigger hit, but Savard exposed his head as he shot the puck. Although it's Cooke's responsibility to not hit a player in a vulnerable position, I don't think he had enough time to divert. In other words, if Savard had been more upright as he let go of the puck, we'd have been saying, "Man, Cooke sure clocked him!" But, because Savard was reaching out as he shot the puck, it comes across that Cooke purposefully made a hit to the head.

Maybe, but it also just might have been bad timing.

You might have a case if it wasn't Matt Cooke. When you have the history that this guy does then you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

I'm undecided whether it was a dirty hit.

Cooke did appear to bunch up his shoulder slightly, looking for a bigger hit, but Savard exposed his head as he shot the puck. Although it's Cooke's responsibility to not hit a player in a vulnerable position, I don't think he had enough time to divert. In other words, if Savard had been more upright as he let go of the puck, we'd have been saying, "Man, Cooke sure clocked him!" But, because Savard was reaching out as he shot the puck, it comes across that Cooke purposefully made a hit to the head.

Maybe, but it also just might have been bad timing.

Then don't clip his head if he would have hit him if he was upright. If you're going for the body but catch his head that's one thing. Cooke's hit certainly did not look like that was the case.

Then don't clip his head if he would have hit him if he was upright. If you're going for the body but catch his head that's one thing. Cooke's hit certainly did not look like that was the case.

No but he did clip his shoulder first. This is where, regardless of the player a simple head shot rule comes in effect. Whether it was intentional or accidental, he made direct contact with his head and should have got 5 and a game. Team should have to suffer because that is just a disrespectful hit. He could have led with this body and not his shoulder and just run Savard down. Instead some guys look like they're out there just to kill their opponents, and it's sickening.

I don't think anyone argues he should have been suspended. I'm not a savard fan but no one should get hit like that. It just sucks the league set a bad precedent with the richards incident, and others in the past. Hopefully this will all be rectified next season.

The league was in a loose loose situation. They effed themselves when they failed to suspend Richards. They were now faced with being hyppocritical, or not suspending a player they clearly should have. As much as I wanted Cooke to be penalized, maybe this is a sign of more consistant calls from Colin. He used to say each play was mutually exclusive.