Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009-2010 Washington Capitals Thread

take it for what you will, but hockeybuzz.com is reporting that Nylander is signing with a team in the KHL

www.hockeybuzz.com

Bob McKenzie was reporting the same thing on NHL Network

From the capital insider over at the post....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsi...r-update-1.html

While a number of outlets are reporting that Michael Nylander appears to be headed to Russia, including this report posted on TSN.ca within the past hour, a Caps official just said the team does not expect an update on the veteran center's status today.

I'll post an update as soon as I hear anything else.

Oh please make this happen. Sign Forsberg and I will be a VERY happy Caps fan. Not that I'm not happy already, but with this addition, things could get amazing.

If you're a caps fan, you should be hoping for a defenseman.

I agree we need some help on the blue line, but from an excitement point of view it would be sweet to see Forsberg in there.

Why would anyone be excited about a guy that can't stay healthy more than a few games at a time and will tie up almost every penny just freed up from sending Nylander to Russia?

Caps are pretty banged up coming into tonights game. Semin, Knuble, Laing and Gordon out up front, Morrisonn and Juice on the D and Theo out for personal reason. Caps have called up John Carlson, have defenseman Tyler Sloan playing 4th line and Neuvirth in goal to back up Varly. Projected caps lines tonight...

Forwards

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Fleischmann

Laich-Morrison-Clark

Steckel-Perreault-Fehr

Sloan-Beagle-Bradley

Defense

Schultz-Green

Poti-Carlson

Erskine-Pothier

So, Ovy pulls the shaving cream pie on Backstrom for his birthday...and while he's cleaning up, Boudreau walks in and Backy goes "c'mon...before a game?" (or something like that). Gabby goes "I know, I'm not playing him" and walks out. I LOL'd!

The Caps played well tonight against the Sabers, was a pretty good showing for the whole game. Not sure I agree with the Ovi suspension as I think he seen the hit coming and it was more in the side than the back.

Will the league finally discipline a star player for a dirty contact hit to the knee or hope his injury will teach him his own lesson? - I personally like the way he plays - very intense - passionate player - but he has done this to Sergei Gonchar in the playoffs last year too! Repeat offenders often do get some sort of fine and suspension.

I don't think he is leaning with the shoulder Bruce!

http://i49.tinypic.com/6h3gw3.jpg

Will the league finally discipline a star player for a dirty contact hit to the knee or hope his injury will teach him his own lesson? - I personally like the way he plays - very intense - passionate player - but he has done this to Sergei Gonchar in the playoffs last year too! Repeat offenders often do get some sort of fine and suspension.

If you watch video replay, and see the angle from behind OV, his shoulder and leg are in perfect line with one another. OV goes in straight (l), while Gleason leans (/), and as a result OV's shoulder and upper body hit nothing and continue moving forward, while his lower body bowls into Gleason. It wasn't an intentional knee, just the result of one going for a hit and another trying to dodge it. Some times you can't dodge the whole thing, and lower bodies collide.

If you watch video replay, and see the angle from behind OV, his shoulder and leg are in perfect line with one another. OV goes in straight (l), while Gleason leans (/), and as a result OV's shoulder and upper body hit nothing and continue moving forward, while his lower body bowls into Gleason. It wasn't an intentional knee, just the result of one going for a hit and another trying to dodge it. Some times you can't dodge the whole thing, and lower bodies collide.

That's the thing to me, Ovechkin never picks up the foot or moves it over to catch Gleason. His right foot stays planted the entire time despite Gleason's movement. The only thing he could have done is bail on the hit completely and try to get out of the way, but that's asking way too much.

Alex Ovechkin per nhl.com

We'll see what is going to happen, but I hope nothing is going to happen," Ovechkin said. "It's a good thing (Gleason) did not get hurt. He played right away. That's a good sign for me."

Its kidna funny how even the players know that if the guy gets up and isn't hurt, they proooobably won't get into any extra trouble. Shameful. Ejected twice in a week and doesnt even get one game as a warning.

edit: Ovechkin Suspended two games

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=508198

Kinda suprised it happened but I think its deserved.

That's the thing to me, Ovechkin never picks up the foot or moves it over to catch Gleason. His right foot stays planted the entire time despite Gleason's movement. The only thing he could have done is bail on the hit completely and try to get out of the way, but that's asking way too much.

I completely agree. If you look at the pictures, his weight is on his right leg when the contact happens. Jumping out of the way to avoid would have been the only possibility if you ask me. I may be biased as I am a caps fan.

On another note....if you watch the video from today. He is doing the interview in front of Nylander's gear, anyone know if hes back in?