Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009-2010 Washington Capitals Thread

Alex Ovechkin per nhl.com
We'll see what is going to happen, but I hope nothing is going to happen," Ovechkin said. "It's a good thing (Gleason) did not get hurt. He played right away. That's a good sign for me."

Its kidna funny how even the players know that if the guy gets up and isn't hurt, they proooobably won't get into any extra trouble. Shameful. Ejected twice in a week and doesnt even get one game as a warning.

Did you see the hit he was ejected for against buffalo? Should have been a 2 minute penalty. Look at the boarding Penalty Tim Gleason got against Perrault in the third period on Monday. He got 2 minutes for it. He hit Perrault square in the numbers, and into the boards head first.

Then look at the ovechkin hit, where he hits him on the shoulder, not on the back, but coming from the side, as Kaleta turned.

Kaleta got his nose bust because he tried to turn last minute, and Ovechkin gets 5 and the game. What's the difference? Apart from Gleason hitting more directly from behind? PErrault got up again immediately.

Gleasons was the dirtier hit, but was less penalized because of the result, not the action itself.

IT's a problem with the league, they don't punish action they punish injury. They need to consistently call the bad calls, and have a consistent way of calling them, not some "lets see if he is hurt" system

I agree completely. Punish the action and not the result. I also feel though, that if you've been ejected twice in a week (rightfully or wrongfully so) you should probobly sit a game or two as a 'tone it down' or 'use your brain' kinda deal. Whether it be hits from behind, a knee, a slash, a fighting type of ejection or a combination of any of those if your racking up misconducts they should probobly just suspend the player a game or two.

AllSmoke I know we havn't seen eye to eye ni the past but talking in general here not just about Ovechkin.

I agree completely. Punish the action and not the result. I also feel though, that if you've been ejected twice in a week (rightfully or wrongfully so) you should probobly sit a game or two as a 'tone it down' or 'use your brain' kinda deal. Whether it be hits from behind, a knee, a slash, a fighting type of ejection or a combination of any of those if your racking up misconducts they should probobly just suspend the player a game or two.

AllSmoke I know we havn't seen eye to eye ni the past but talking in general here not just about Ovechkin.

What did you feel about Malkin's two majors last year during the playoffs then? Should he have been suspended?

Especially with the clear cut instigator and no jersey tie down. But we all know by now how inconsistent the suspensions are. Wasn't it in the playoffs last year when Carcillo got a game for that face-off rabbit punch, but Cammalleri's blatant punch to Havlat's face went unpunished? That was a real head scratcher. Those two incidents certainly proved the "if superstar: turn head" approach.

Tonights game gave me an lol. 8-2 on the road? wow. And Tomas Fleishmann is really playing well. He is quickly becoming another offensive weapon for a team that already has some studs.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=508777 dunno if it was posted but it gave me a lol

i got a good laugh out of that too. poor guy.

He's going to get a chance to play every night down here. I don't think anyone expected him to be in Pittsburgh all season, they were hit pretty hard with injuries when the Caps sent him down and just needed a body.

I feel bad for Matt Bradley. That was an ouchie from Carcillo.

The thing is Brads is a honest fighter. He would've squared up and gone. I think that's what

irritates

me more.

New season, all grudges are reset :lol:

Of course, the caps haven't played the pens yet, so we will see how long it lasts ;)

Yeah, Corey at the times had it on twitter as an upper body then corrected it. I, unfortunately and not that diligent!!!.

Groin tweak from the last shot of the game against tampa.

Also, Matthieu Perrault may have food poisoning and is questionable for tonight