Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I wish they'd waive the electives for this year since they're so behind in publishing them (they were SUPPOSED to be out in time for Aug 1 registration). I think we could survive without them for one more season.

Not to derail things (feel free to go back to venting), but what exactly are the elective courses for officials? Is it the equivalent of coaches' "age-specfic modules"?

Not to derail things (feel free to go back to venting), but what exactly are the elective courses for officials? Is it the equivalent of coaches' "age-specfic modules"?

Yea, I think its similar. See:

FvFacLP.png

Thanks Optimus. The "second level" sounds like the CEP's age-specific modules, but the electives actually sound like in-depth modules on particular skills. Sounds interesting, except for the "you must take [x] of these right now even though we released them late". Best of luck on that.

Speaking of officials, a quick vent directed at USA Hockey officiating dept: my card/crest isn't going to be sent until I complete ELECTIVE online classes, that aren't even going to be available for "possibly a few more weeks". Where's the thought process in that?

You already mentioned it to me, but I just got the official email from USA Hockey and wanted to post for anyone else wondering:

"The “Elective” portion of the online seminar curriculum will be launched at 2:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Friday, September 12th."

Now back to your regularly scheduled venting.

You already mentioned it to me, but I just got the official email from USA Hockey and wanted to post for anyone else wondering:

"The Elective portion of the online seminar curriculum will be launched at 2:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Friday, September 12th."

Now back to your regularly scheduled venting.

Still waiting.....

Edited by BenderHockey

Hang in there. Just had my seminar this past Saturday. Still have to do the open book test and those elective thingermajigs. And now that I'm back in school, I'll SO much time on my hands haha. I guess the bonus is that, after my closed book test, I was outta there by 1 p.m. If the electives continue to shorten the brick 'n mortar seminars, I'm all for that.

Ours was still full day. 8am to 2pm in classroom, closed book exams 2-3, then on-ice 3-4.

But I agree other than that some of the videos aren't great. There was one that I had to watch three times to see the infraction. Still wasn't sure about it.

Anyway, I FINALLY had my seminar info update today. Card and crest in the mail! :D

Though oddly enough once you complete the required number of electives the link actually disappears. You'd think they'd encourage you to watch them all even if not required. I had planned to.

Former boss went through every one of my expense reports and came up with > $1k in “overcharges” that he deducted from my last report.

Oh well, I'm going to go ahead and steal his customers. Asshat.

You had a closed book exam for level 1?

No but the other levels did. Level 1s went outside for a break. Mostly spent listening to all the little kids asking the instructors a lot of silly "what if" questions.

Though they did show us how to break up a fight so that was cool. :P

Project I was supposed to be finishing today went down the shitter so I have to stay in Atlanta another day. And thanks to how tired I was after the day was up, I managed to rear end some woman at an intersection. In a rental car. FML.