Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Got the MRI results today for the umpteenth knee injury I've had since 2005...

Dislocated kneecap, sprained MCL and fibular ligaments, and a torn medial retinaculum. I don't know for sure, yet, but it might be time to hang them up...

I really wish they’d stop giving TSA pre-check to people who don’t explicitly apply for it, who have absolutely no clue what it is.

Bunch of dumb teen girls in front of me taking their shoes off and taking their laptops out and had to be told to put it all away.

At that point just let them finish instead of wasting even more of my time. This really isn't difficult, people!

Well, since my flying rarely involves airlines I was just as clueless when I got the pre-check at KORD, for my flight to KATL to pick up my motorcycle. Fortunately, the employee directing traffic was telling folks sent to that line not to take off their shoes, or take anything out of their bags. That worked quite nicely.

Well, since my flying rarely involves airlines I was just as clueless when I got the pre-check at KORD, for my flight to KATL to pick up my motorcycle. Fortunately, the employee directing traffic was telling folks sent to that line not to take off their shoes, or take anything out of their bags. That worked quite nicely.

Yea, I actually had a conversation with the PR guy for the TSA on Twitter about it. I basically just told him that even their "dont take off your shoes, etc" signage would be useful IN the line, not just right in front of the conveyor belt. I don't think they necessarily need a person directing traffic if they had more signage.

Car insurance companies.

Looks like I'll be taking the horribly overpriced full coverage on all rental cars from now on. Can't afford to let the insurance company pay only half the claim and be on the hook for thousands every time.

Not feeling too charitable toward my classmates tonight. They don't pay attention during lecture/demonstration - mess around on their phones and chat with each other instead. Then they don't know what to do when we're practicing, or they straight out don't bother to practice and just sit around socializing. Which is a serious wrench in the works when you need to practice, say, stabilizing a patient on a short (spine) board and transferring them to a longboard. :mad:

Found out today that the job I was very hopeful for is just a 5 month contract to start. Not sure how I feel about taking a job with the end already (potentially) in sight.

Then they don't know what to do when we're practicing, or they straight out don't bother to practice and just sit around socializing. Which is a serious wrench in the works when you need to practice, say, stabilizing a patient on a short (spine) board and transferring them to a longboard. :mad:

Not to mention dangerous to their future patients! Say something to the instructor when you can get them alone.

Not to mention dangerous to their future patients! Say something to the instructor when you can get them alone.

The instructors do know, and have collectively taken a stripe off the class for messing around. It doesn't seem to have made a dent in the offenders particularly. Luckily, they will probably fail the national exams and not certify, or even better, they'll fail this course and not even make it to the national exams.

What irks me most is these are the college kids who intend to go on to nursing and medical school. I'd like to know where they plan to practice so I can avoid those areas/hospitals.

• Like 1

The slacker/entitlement of youth today (holy hell, I sound like an old man...) bothers me in industries like media and retail, customer service or sales. It downright scares me when that same slacker/entitlement carries over to health care, law enforcement, and things that really matter to the overall well being of society!

I realise that. But, trying hard and graduating with a lower than A average is different than just expecting the A without having to work for it.

• Like 1

I was more going for the scary thought, you could be getting a doctor who tried their hardest only to achieve Cs?

Example: There's a guy in my class who is trying really hard, but just plain lacks the physical coordination to perform the skills correctly and efficiently. I wouldn't want him passing the NREMT and working on an ambulance with me, but I do respect that he's honestly trying. I don't think he'll pass the NREMT, though.

I have no respect for the kids from the college (or, the 'kids' closer to my age who are also putzing around) who don't take the course seriously, assume they can breeze through, and complain when they do poorly on quizzes and exams. I don't want to be a cranky 'old' (I'm 28, I don't get to complain yet) man about the young people these days, and I think it's simple naivete as much as anything. The course is hosted by an expensive, exclusive private college and the kids don't get out of the bubble that much. Maybe a field trip to the Shattuck hospital or Boston Medical Center would help. :dry:

I wouldn't worry about them...there are always a few in every EMT class. They won't make it past the final practicals/exam. Don't let them take you down with them.

It's about 2/3 of the class. :sad: I can only hope they won't make it to the national exams. It's totally okay to strap the offenders to longboards and just leave them in the hall, right?

• Like 2

It's totally okay to strap the offenders to longboards and just leave them in the hall, right?

It's better if your class is in a building with an elevator. Board them, then stand them up in the elevator and send them to the ground floor.

• Like 1

I was more going for the scary thought, you could be getting a doctor who tried their hardest only to achieve Cs?

Q: What do you call the guy who graduates last in his class in Medical School?

A: Doctor!

• Like 2

It's better if your class is in a building with an elevator. Board them, then stand them up in the elevator and send them to the ground floor.

Our class building is on top of a very large hill...

Edited by badger_14
  • Like 1

We tied the last game of our tournament and didn't advance because we lost the tie breaker (Goal Differential). What makes it 10x worse is that they tied it up with less than a minute left in the game.