Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I hate goal differential for tie breakers, encourages teams to run it up.

Well actually, the reason we lost the goal differential was because the max goal differential allowed for a game was 6. We won a game like 8-1 or something but since the goal differential tie breaker was 6, we were plus six.

We ended up being plus one, and the team we lost the tie breaker to ended up being plus 2, So if they gave us the 7 goal differential, we would have been plus 2. So we would've tied, and then the next tie breaker was goal quotient and we had the highest goal quotient in our division.

Tie breakers should include goals against, head to head, record against common opponents (if applicable), and penalty minutes. There is guaranteed to be at least one problem game in any tournament that uses goals for or goal differential as a tie breaker.

Miserable week all over the place: got very, very sick after street hockey on Saturday, made a bunch of dumb mistakes during practicals on Sunday and Monday, went to the doctor to find out I have an infection in my leg for which I have had both oral and IV antibiotics (third and hopefully last session tomorrow), and it also looks like I'm not coaching this year because guy in charge is making clear he just wants parent involvement in the org. Which is totally fair and I don't begrudge them that at all, it's just disappointing because I enjoy hockey and coaching.

I've taught/guest spoken to paramedic schools across Ontario and I can guarantee that most of those kids won't make it to the national exam, and the few that do will most likely fail it. I know the exact students you're talking about; fresh out of high school, no real life experience, still living with there parents and haven't realized how lucky they are to be in the program. When they're about to fail out (about a couple weeks before they do) I bet you'll see them "try" to improve only to find out it's to late. Getting into the Primary Care Paramedic program is the hardest college program in Ontario and most of the kids they accept are already university/college graduates, and there is still about a 50% attrition rate among the students.

• Like 2

I've taught/guest spoken to paramedic schools across Ontario and I can guarantee that most of those kids won't make it to the national exam, and the few that do will most likely fail it. I know the exact students you're talking about; fresh out of high school, no real life experience, still living with there parents and haven't realized how lucky they are to be in the program. When they're about to fail out (about a couple weeks before they do) I bet you'll see them "try" to improve only to find out it's to late. Getting into the Primary Care Paramedic program is the hardest college program in Ontario and most of the kids they accept are already university/college graduates, and there is still about a 50% attrition rate among the students.

They're mostly college students living on campus, but yeah, for the most part you're correct. They really don't venture out of their bubble that much. Our EMT-Basic programs in the US aren't as competitive to get into as the paramedic programs in Ontario - you sign up, you pay, you attend. If you pass the course, you take the national practical and national written. A lot of the kids do the thing where they try to wheedle extra points on quizzes out of the instructors - "does spelling count", "what if it isn't that exact wording", etc. Hopefully, they don't pass, because I don't want to work with them.

Haven't been on here for awhile but now that the season is starting to pick up I found myself back on here.

Venting starts now...Literally I am so fed up and pissed at my algebra teacher. I cant stand how she gives you a test every 3 classes or so with 7-10 problems on. Sounds easy right? Apparently not and it's not just me. The thing that gets me is even if you get one wrong...it's not possible to get an A. Don't get me wrong...I'm not stupid, it's an honors class but really? I have trouble maintaining a B+ in her class and due to how the math program our school has I have to make an A in the class so next year I can double up and eventually be able to take full calculus for senior year. I also study my ass off for the big chapter test and like everybody else in the class I sit there with my anxious and panicy self and just lock up...FML

You don't like your English teacher that much either, right? :wink:

I should of added that she has the voice of a how do I put it...a chipmunk and voice cracks extremely high every sentence...

• Like 1

To be honest...he is my favorite...he doesn't BS you through the class and you actually learn stuff. He gets mad real quick...probably because he is one of the head football coaches.

Now, that is the type of thing you only get on the internet. A Finn commenting on the English skills of an American.

• Like 2

I would have been more impressed if he pointed out the misuse of "literally".

I think that the penultimate sentence of that post had more problems.

These comments should give the poster more about which to vent.

Sat in the PB for 11 of the 13M of the 3rd in my game last night.

Pinching on D, puck pops to blue line, I start busting back and as I am going by a guy, he grabs me/holds me up. Ref sees it(I assume, because he went into the box for holding), but no whistle(they have possession of puck). As I'm struggling trying to get by, I give him a nice little whack. He then gives me a nice push/punch, I return the favor, whistles. No big deal, we head to the box.

At this point, I'm assuming he's just going for the push/punch(there was no whistle early). So as I'm skating, I'm saying "Guy's holding me the entire time down the ice." Mind you, not yelling, being demonstrative with my arms....just shaking my head, skating to the box and talking. Ref tells me to "Shut up and get in the box." I turn(gliding backwards, still going to the box) and say, "I can't talk?" and he gives me an unsportsmanlike.

The vent is just putting myself in the box for the entire 3rd, it's missing a ton of time due to my pride....nothing good comes from testing a refs tipping point, even when benign. Just couldn't swallow being told to shut up.....

If you're struggling to figure out 11 of 13, I'm not 100% sure either.... Could have been 10 of 12, 12 of 14, but I'm pretty confident on 11 of 13. Think double minors and the unsportsmanlike, but? (minors are 1:30) At that point they told me I could come out at 2:00 and a whistle and I didn't say a word. Took off my gloves, helmet and watched the game.

Had to rush my dog to emergency animal hospital after my game on friday night. I was pretty sure she had kennel cough but my fiancé said she threw up 10 times while I was gone. She is doing fine now though with the antibiotics and seems better. She did cost me my MX3 stick though. I also sliced open my thumb sharpening skates yesterday. All in all a pretty great weekend.

Finally recovering from what I am guessing was the flu. I was completely out of it for almost three days and I'm still lethargic and a bit dehydrated.

• Like 1

Since Friday morning: my mom broke her hip, my patient for my exam backed out on me leaving me scrambling to find a new one, and the hockey I was looking forward to to keep from strangling people was cancelled. This is not the relaxing weekend I had hoped to have.