Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

He doth protest too much.

I doth not careth that clueless people basheth.

Best tool for the job. As an IT guy, I need something more powerful and flexible than Windows.

The Cleveland Indians

Get Wild Thing in there; you'll be fine.

Getting sick at the worst time: rehearsals are beginning in earnest for Mozart's Requiem, and my brother, SIL, and nephews are coming for a visit. On top of that, my mother is having a royal sh*tfit over a piece of my identity that she disagrees with, and I may have to go infect the choir and ruin my vocal cords just to avoid her for the evening.

Getting sick at the worst time: rehearsals are beginning in earnest for Mozart's Requiem... I may have to go infect the choir and ruin my vocal cords just to avoid her for the evening.

Unfortunately I can't help with the big stuff, but drink lots of ginger tea with honey, sit away from other singers, and concentrate on trusting technique, don't listen to yourself. You may be surprised at how much this helps your singing! And you can take out all your frustration in the Confutatis and Dies Irae, and have a little self-pity party in the Lacrimosa! :wink: Very therapeutic.

(Unless you can already feel irritation or swelling on your cords... then don't sing!!)

• Like 2

Unfortunately I can't help with the big stuff, but drink lots of ginger tea with honey, sit away from other singers, and concentrate on trusting technique, don't listen to yourself. You may be surprised at how much this helps your singing! And you can take out all your frustration in the Confutatis and Dies Irae, and have a little self-pity party in the Lacrimosa! :wink: Very therapeutic.

(Unless you can already feel irritation or swelling on your cords... then don't sing!!)

Haha our rehearsal room is usually the children's chapel which is, uh, well, child-size.

I figure that even if I can't sing (speaking is difficult at the moment), I can still get familiar with the Mozart, because it is vast and terrifying. Beautiful, yes, but also vast and terrifying. (Last week I literally got lost at least once, and the only words in the section were 'kyrie' 'christe' and 'eleison'.) And also get out of the house.

• Like 1

On top of that, my mother is having a royal sh*tfit over a piece of my identity that she disagrees with,

My MIL tries to correct my wife's identity as well.

Parents' influence has little impact beyond about age 16, IMHO. I believe the things she criticizes most in my wife are the things she dislikes most about herself.

Be you.

Get well.

Love life.

I figure that even if I can't sing (speaking is difficult at the moment), I can still get familiar with the Mozart, because it is vast and terrifying. Beautiful, yes, but also vast and terrifying. (Last week I literally got lost at least once, and the only words in the section were 'kyrie' 'christe' and 'eleison'.) And also get out of the house.

Better?

It's not so much she has influence, and it's a little more complicated than differences in, say, politics, it's that when she's faced with reminders that I am not the child she anticipated having, she throws a dramatic tantrum. In this case, tore up a piece of employment-related mail of mine. Sooner I pick up work as an EMT (I'll take ER tech at this point) the better. :facepalm:

Hah! Thanks for that video. Maybe if I suggest to the music director we can replace the movement in the Requiem with that... :ph34r:

T-pushes are so so SO much more difficult than they look. WTF?

I'll trade you the ability to T-push like a boss for the ability to shuffle more than 10 times without my thigh muscles being on fire. Deal?

Groin injuries. Felt a little tweak 2 weeks ago during my Saturday game. Played Sunday anyway, didn't feel too bad, actually better than I thought I would. After a week with only 1 game, it was feeling pretty good. Must've pushed a little harder last night. Hurts again. I have a feeling this will be the cycle until hockey ends and I have a solid month before baseball starts.

Of course, not playing at all is an option...meh, no it's not!

• Like 1

Spending good money on a skate session (something I rarely do) to walk into the rink and see 1/2" of worn snow ice and no chance of the zamboni coming out before the public session starts... Lee valley Ice rink should be appalled...

A good friend of mine, who I've been coaching both of our son's hockey teams with for years, is in a coma from contracting viral encephalitis.

That's awful to hear. Best wishes for a good recovery.

• Like 1

EBay disputes. Sold a bunch of signed pucks, shipped them all out via Priority Mail. One guy says he never got it, despite tracking info stating otherwise. Claims they must have " delivered it to the wrong address".

12+ inches....3-4 foot drifts....yay

My truck is snowed in on the street at my GFs house. Watched the SB there last night, and ended up staying because the weather was shitty, and I had a few drinks...my own damn fault for not planning better. Now, I am likely going to have to take a cab to work in Oakville this afternoon (35km...probably $60-70) because work never closes.

It is 74 degrees in SoCal today, I wish we had an actual winter!

(probably won't get much sympathy, lol)

If you could maybe take on the next storm or two until we have somewhere to put the additional snow, that'd be fantastic.