Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I'd be a millionaire if I got a cent every time I see someone saying "I could care less".

People suck at Finnish too though, so it's universal. Interwebz has ruined the world.

"Could of", "would of", "should of", and the general deterioration of the Gen Pop's English Language skills.

• Like 1

"Could of", "would of", "should of", and the general deterioration of the Gen Pop's English Language skills.

I'd be a millionaire if I got a cent every time I see someone saying "I could care less".

People suck at Finnish too though, so it's universal. Interwebz has ruined the world.

I don't find either example nearly as infuriating as " I seen those skates ". Every time I read that I want to punch a kitten in the face.

Even worse than the actual mistakes (your and you're is the one that drives me nuts) is how much nobody seems to care. I actually had somebody tell me that this was the evolution of English. *facepalm*

I have a co-worker who will say " Oh, that's mines" instead of mine. I cringe knowing she's talking to clients.

When i was doing tech support in a call center some of the stuff i heard has scarred me for life. I don't know which one takes the cake, hearing some lady tell a customer "n as in knife" twice or hearing "is it plugged up" instead of plugged in.

At the gym. On my last rep on the bench and can't quite get it. Call for a spotter. Guy comes over, and what does he do you ask? Grab the middle of the bar like a normal person would do? NO. He proceeds to grab one of the ends of the barbell and proceeds to pull it up, effectively throwing me completely off balance. I honestly don't know what to do at this point, so I hold on in hopes he will figure it out. Finally, after yelling at him to grab the middle of the bar, he obliges and we bring the weight back up. My left oblique is now killing me. Hopefully it's just a pull.

Idiot.

I have a co-worker who will say " Oh, that's mines" instead of mine. I cringe knowing she's talking to clients.

Yeah, for me that is the same person that will aks questions.

The worst part of having an inappropriate dream involving someone that you know? Not being able to pick up where you left off when you woke up.

• Like 1

I have an employee that says "gunna" instead of going to. I explained to her that if she continues to do so she's not "gunna" have a job anymore. I think that got the message across.

I was in front of the net and there was a rebound so I tried to stop it with my skate, in went in the net but was waived off because I "kicked it in."

to top it off, the other team scored like 10 seconds after that

Lost 7-0 today to a team of colossal douchebags. I mean really, who celebrates a 6-0 goal after cherry picking like it was the cup winner? Get over yourselves.

"u", "ur", etc. in posts and even post titles. Nominative case personal pronouns as objects of predicates or prepositions. Inability to conjugate past and present perfect tenses. Writing "should of" for "should've". The list goes on, even though this stuff is taught over and over, for so many years in school. Most often I hear that from the sportscasters on TV, who seem to consistently have these problems, and sometimes I just get fed up. Oh, yeah, TV folks also seem to think they can use "with" as a predicate.

It doesn't seem to get any better.