Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

tumblr_nkpxjdW3Lz1qlqleio1_1280.jpg

Mozart and I are not getting along right now. We went over this about five times in rehearsal last night, and I didn't even come close to making the jump properly. Did I mention we're performing this in a week and a half?

It took me 2 google searches to even know what that vent was about. And now the NSA is probably tracking all of my internet activity.

You say that as if they weren't already :)

My daughter didn't play all season due to a shoulder injury.

We had a parents vs. U14 girls scrimmage last night and she jumped on the ice with her team.

She was skating well, brain was working, feet just a bit slow.

Midway into the game, she skated out from the bench to the center ice faceoff circle after a goal. While stopping, she stood too much upright and fell over backwards...onto her back, and her head smacked the ice.

Concussion. Yay. :(

Kind of dumb of her to not be in hockey position, nor keep her head up, but she was out of practice. I hate it when my kids hurt.

• Like 1

We had a parents vs. U14 girls scrimmage last night and she jumped on the ice with her team.

Midway into the game, she skated out from the bench to the center ice faceoff circle after a goal. While stopping, she stood too much upright and fell over backwards...onto her back, and her head smacked the ice.

Kind of dumb of her to not be in hockey position, nor keep her head up, but she was out of practice. I hate it when my kids hurt.

Oh, no. Hope she feels better soon.

Tough break, MThockeydad. Sending good JuJu for a quick and full recovery.

Audible laugh at Chippa13's response. I also had no idea and did not Google.

Wiping out in my driveway on black ice going to my Thursday 10pm pickup last night...luckily only thing I hurt was my pride

• Like 1

So sorry Bro, tough break....

• Like 1

Won 3-2 last night. Only two goals I let in were by the guy who wasn't on their roster and was literally skating circles around everyone. Literally.

Really bugs me that in a beginner league they would let this guy play because they "were short" (they "only" had 9 skaters). This is a league where we only started doing face offs two weeks ago and only started doing penalties this week. Some guys had never put hockey gear on until two months ago.

Good on you, Optimus--well done in the net! I tried it for the first time on Weds. Harder than it looks.

Our league has "player ratings" where you can only substitute a player with a rating a max of 0.1 rating higher than the player you're missing. It works well.

• Like 1

Good on you, Optimus--well done in the net! I tried it for the first time on Weds. Harder than it looks.

Our league has "player ratings" where you can only substitute a player with a rating a max of 0.1 rating higher than the player you're missing. It works well.

It's a lot of fun, I actually prefer it over skating out at this point. I also stopped him on another breakaway with a minute left :)

That's actually a pretty good idea. Though this isn't a normal league, this is a true beginner "league" (really just two teams who play each other every week). We have coaches and non-USA Hockey refs. Really good for learning the game.

The softball league I play in has ratings like that - in the lowest division, you can't have more than I think 3 players on the roster with a rating higher than [x], and so on and so forth. As teams/players improve they can get bumped up to another division, or can drop down with attrition. But it's a big league and I'm not sure most hockey leagues around here could handle putting in the effort to create a proper litmus.

Optimus - that's great, congrats on the win. My partner in crime at pickup says mixed-skill and novice games are always the hardest for goalies, since you can't predict the players' actions as well.

Yes, as a recent player to goalie convert as well, I can confirm that the lower skill games are the hardest. The shots are much slower than one would expect, and the decision making is MUCH different. Can't anticipate those guys too much.

Yea, totally true. Instead of skating in and taking a shot, they skate in, fumble with it, guys swing away at it, it goes off 3 different players skates in front of the net and goes in. All the while I'm being screened by my own defencemen!

The one thing I have noticed though at lower levels is that players have zero confidence in the backhand, which makes reading dekes a bit easier... you can almost cheat a little bit to their strong side knowing theres little chance they're going to try to go back to the backhand. And even if they do, they aren't skilled enough to get it out to the side very far and it becomes a fairly easy pad save.

Sold a guitar today that I've owned for 20 years, left the band that I had been playing with for the last 7-8 months and then the day went downhill from there.

• Like 1

Two weeks ago I left the band I'd been with for 14 months because of some drama. Felt bad till mid week this week. Sucks. Thinking about selling my main ax....

Two weeks ago I left the band I'd been with for 14 months because of some drama. Felt bad till mid week this week. Sucks. Thinking about selling my main ax....

I've sold a couple over the last few months, but that was because I had too many guitars. There are a few more that I would like to sell to fund a nice 335 style guitar.

7-8 months in a post 2000 band seems like its actually a long time. I think the average length of time a band stays together nowadays is 54 days

• Like 1

So my phone is my alarm clock, and being a phone, it automatically updates the time to/from daylight savings.

Unfortunately, I discovered that its feeble little electronic mind also thinks that setting my alarm forward an hour is also a good idea.

No, you wretched little device, I needed to get up at 5, not 6. Luckily I'm high strung and tend to wake up in advance of my alarms, so I managed to get up at 5:30 when my internal clock pinged at me that something was awry and I should not doze off again.

7-8 months in a post 2000 band seems like its actually a long time. I think the average length of time a band stays together nowadays is 54 days

I should have left a while ago but I wanted to try and make it work. Unfortunately, even Brodeur couldn't save that one.

• Like 1

I should have left a while ago but I wanted to try and make it work. Unfortunately, even Brodeur couldn't save that one.

Well, a band is like a marriage and we all know how Marty does with that.

• Like 1

Eh? 'Sup with that?

2+2+10+Game (and in our league, game = suspension). I think it's time to at least take the summer off, work stress is obviously getting to me.

2+2+10+Game (and in our league, game = suspension). I think it's time to at least take the summer off, work stress is obviously getting to me.

What did you do...

• Like 1