Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

As I was pulling into work, my car started misfiring.. into the shop it goes, not looking forward to finding how much german engineering repairs cost. Did I mention there's no hockey on today either?

Ruh roh, out of warranty?

Yep, turns out it's just plugs & a coil though. Not too shabby!

Ah, cool. I did that one in my old Jetta at one point a few years back. Had to walk a couple miles in a snowstorm to pick them up from the parts store though :(

This is the first week I've not played hockey since last November. I'm bummed. It's gonna be a long 90 days.

Brother, I just came in to post the same thing...but I missed 2 of the last 4 weeks for my river trip. Sunday was my last day on skates at the Missoula tourney. My gear is washed and dry and packed away, and it dawned on me that I still wish I was playing.

COME ON SEPTEMBER 2nd!!

I posted a pic of our "Not So Elite" team in the "Pics of you playing hockey" thread.

Amy H said you improved a lot just during CoRec. :)

C league is not going to be that fast, but getting your brain working "faster" in those faster games really helps when you return to your "regular" league.

Kyrie got hurt, out for the series. That means that for the Cleveland curse to be broken it comes down to the Lebron, the chosen one.

Brother, I just came in to post the same thing...but I missed 2 of the last 4 weeks for my river trip. Sunday was my last day on skates at the Missoula tourney. My gear is washed and dry and packed away, and it dawned on me that I still wish I was playing.COME ON SEPTEMBER 2nd!!I posted a pic of our "Not So Elite" team in the "Pics of you playing hockey" thread.Amy H said you improved a lot just during CoRec. :)C league is not going to be that fast, but getting your brain working "faster" in those faster games really helps when you return to your "regular" league.

Great pics! That's high praise indeed coming from Amy! And I can't agree more regarding skating with faster players. It really makes a guy keep his head up if nothing else!

This is the first week I've not played hockey since last November. I'm bummed. It's gonna be a long 90 days.

why 90 days? We play three seasons... fall, winter and summer. Lasts all year. Maybe a few weeks off in between seasons at most.

The city can't seem to get their priorities in order to keep the rink open all year long. It closes the beginning of June and opens in September. To the loud complaints of all the users I might add.......

Kyrie got hurt, out for the series. That means that for the Cleveland curse to be broken it comes down to the Lebron, the chosen one.

Even with the win last night, I have no Idea how LeBron will be able to keep up averaging a triple double the rest of the finals. For a basketball player he plays a physical game, he doesn't play a Curry or Jordan type shooting/finesse game.

Filled in for our Goalie last night, let up a nine spot. Then he says he can't/doesn't want to play tonight, a playoff game. Looks like I have to step in again.

Hope I got rid of the rust last night.

The city can't seem to get their priorities in order to keep the rink open all year long. It closes the beginning of June and opens in September. To the loud complaints of all the users I might add.......

The city finds the funds to pay for a free public beach and numerous parks that are all free to users (and a cost to taxpayers), but doesn't want to manage an ice rink that could operate at net zero.

They have made a valid point that the current refrigeration system isn't efficient for making ice in July and August, yet resist the efforts of user groups to upgrade the refrigeration system and install a low-e ceiling insulation system. Figure skating parents are willing to stroke some BIG checks--and unlike some rinks, figure skating and hockey groups get along very well....it's the curlers who think they should bump youth hockey 7-9pm ice times so 8 of them can use the entire rink.

Hockey pays for itself, adult hockey tournaments were a profit center, but they stopped actively managing adult hockey...when concessions were a loser. Now adult hockey operates on its own (and in the black), the city cut back on concessions...and now they want to increase ice time costs by 45% because they're still losing money. Well, duh, you gave up all that windfall tourney income.

The indoor facility was built with user group funds, so there's no loan to pay off, only utilities and labor...the mechanical system is a city baby.

Turns out all that "rust and corrosion" the mechanic told me about was holding my bike (bicycle) together. It is now virtually inoperable. Thanks a lot, bike shop.

Not playing as much as I used to has severely degraded my skills. I looked like an idiot on the ice tonight.

Yikes that looks like it sucks bad glad you're OK. I cannot stand wearing a cage but it's a necessary evil lol

I don't think it will be terrible once I get a lighter cage with flat bars. Still rough though. Got nothing but stares and puzzled looks today. Didn't your parents tell you it's rude to stare?!?!? ;-)

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 1

Not playing as much as I used to has severely degraded my skills. I looked like an idiot on the ice tonight.

If it is any consolation, you very well may have looked like an idiot BEFORE you got on the ice!!! (j/k...too easy...I'm surprised no one else took that bait!)

If it is any consolation, you very well may have looked like an idiot BEFORE you got on the ice!!! (j/k...too easy...I'm surprised no one else took that bait!)

No doubt, I'm sure I do/did

To quote my mother: Moderators brought you into this forum, and they can take you out of this forum as well.

;)

I don't think it will be terrible once I get a lighter cage with flat bars. Still rough though. Got nothing but stares and puzzled looks today. Didn't your parents tell you it's rude to stare?!?!? ;-)

Just stare back and say quietly "The first rule of Fight Club......is don't talk about Fight Club."

• Like 2

Boss told me everyone in Brazil speaks English and sent me here for a week. Boy was he ever wrong. The guys here said almost nobody does unless they work in tourism (hotel, airport, some cabs, and some restaurants).

I feel so helpless...

Boss told me everyone in Brazil speaks English and sent me here for a week. Boy was he ever wrong. The guys here said almost nobody does unless they work in tourism (hotel, airport, some cabs, and some restaurants).

I feel so helpless...

Portuguese?