Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Beer league and game plan are two phrases seldom seen in the same sentence, unless it is, "who the hell bothers to come up with a game plan in beer league?"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Beer league and game plan are two phrases seldom seen in the same sentence, unless it is, "who the hell bothers to come up with a game plan in beer league?"

Well, not so much a "game plan" just encouragement and general hockey sense stuff. Yes, it's an effort issue, because he has had a few good games this year...but lots of slacking as well.

Realizing I'm losing gaps of time and forgetting if I did certain things. It makes me really concerned. My bf left for a few weeks for work and left me some money for groceries. I realized yesterday it was not in the spot I left it in. I looked everywhere I can't find it. I was saving it this whole time for when I had to get groceries and I can't even find it. I kept $80 in my purse so $120 just disappeared. Makes me feel like crap that his money is just gone. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. I don't know if I'm just obscenely forgetful or if it's a more serious issue.

• Like 1

On one hand it's really disappointing to be told you're not getting the job. On the other, it makes me happy to know they must be getting somebody REALLY amazing. 

16 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Bought new steel for the new skates. Way to go Bauer. 

Did you move on from Makos or are you using Bauer holders on Mako skates? If you moved on, what did you pick up and do they fit and feel as good as the Makos?

The mislabelled steel is a shame, but at least one of the two sets looks good and I'm sure they'll rectify the problem with the other set.

3 hours ago, Travislicious said:

Wow. I have unopened bauer steel that I should maybe check now. But it would be well past its return window if it was mislabelled like that one.

i would hope they would still help you out regardless if its unopened.

I had step once that was mislabeled like that. Unfortunately I didn't know it was mislabeled until I'd already had them profiled and sharpened (by the company that I bought the runners from). They accepted a return on the runners but I was out the cost of the radius/sharpening. 

Last night at gym-work, some fool poured water on the (electric) heating element in the men's sauna.  So we were out both men's steam room (planned closure for re-tiling) and sauna.

At least we got it fixed by this afternoon.

I can't wait for this week to end.  I have a cold, got peed on by my patient, spent a 20 minute ride being petted by another (alzheimer's) patient, some creepy guy mistook me for a high schooler and tried to lure me into his car, and yesterday someone poured water on the sauna heating element AGAIN.  The weekend and hockey cannot come soon enough.

On 24.3.2016 at 0:45 AM, badger_14 said:

Last night at gym-work, some fool poured water on the (electric) heating element in the men's sauna.  So we were out both men's steam room (planned closure for re-tiling) and sauna.

At least we got it fixed by this afternoon.

FYI, that's how a sauna works. Not sure if the stove has stones on it (there should be), but the whole point of a sauna is to pour water on the hot stones to make the water vaporize. One of the most common misconceptions about electric sauna stoves is that it's an electrical hazard to let water contact the heating elements.

• Like 1

I have an assortment of Finnish relatives, I am familiar with how a typical sauna works.  ;)

To clarify however, our sauna is specifically a dry sauna.  (We also have a steam room).  It is not meant to have water poured on it, and does short out. 

• Like 1

Sadly, I am not in charge of naming our facilities.  That's probably a good thing, because they'd end up with signage like "Relaxing Toasty Room: Not Your Personal Underwear Warmer" and "Why Are You In Here? It's The Steam of Old Unwashed Men" and "Fire Exit: Do Not Use Unless You Are On Fire".

• Like 1

On 4/2/2016 at 9:26 PM, Gummer12 said:

Snow :mad:

i wouldn't mind that. we had Rain, Hail, thunder, lightning, 60mph winds overnight.  and now, its 36 and still fvcking windy as hell.    

now over to the sweet spot to talk about the playing first game of the spring season with The Goonies tonight!  and i called the the rink to be sure they have power ;) 

Played my second ice hockey game last night. Already tired from the day before where I attended the 615am training session. Then spent Sunday morning and afternoon chasing the kids, before washing and waxing two cars.

Then headed to the game for a 945pm drop, only to find that our game was delayed by 20mins. 

I felt that I played a crappy game, and should have done better with the puck. SOmehow managed a breakaway, only to have my stick lifted just before I was going to shoot, lost an edge and ended up hard into the boards. Coupled with 2 hits against one other guy (no check league), I feel really battered, sore, and really need to improve on my skating.

Team mates said my passes were a little too soft, as I'm used to feathering them through during inline. Need to change the mindset to make better and more crisp passes, and get better shots off on the goalie... and stay on my feet.