Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Take it easy if you need to, man. Warmups and my first couple shifts at WF were BRUTAL until my ankle loosened up a bit. Had to sit out a couple shifts here and there because of it. Hopefully we get you at 100% you can snipe me top cheese, but if not, don't push it too hard! 

I'm not sure there is anything snipe like about my shooting ;) Hurt it in an inline tournament, and  I've skated with it messed up for some months now. Its actually fine most of the time until I do certain turns etc, and I feel a bit of pain. Schedule conflicts kept me off my B league team so I played down and cut out inline mid season, and when the ice season was over I told myself I would lay off skates until at least July, or all the way up to SJ if needed. Luckily SJ is usually laid back so it wont be an issue of me feeling I am letting the team down, and I can just relax and take it easy. If its still bad afterwards, i'm going to have to find a Dr. and get it checked out, which will suck because I know it'll likely require sitting out a while, but i've been lucky to have avoided injuries for the most part my entire life, so I can't complain too much in that regard.

4 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Thanks... feel for you too.  After missing almost 6 months last year with groin and hernia and then the eye thing I thought I was in the clear for a while.  This sucks....  hopefully it will only be a week or two.

I'm pretty sure mines a "sports hernia" as well. Read an article that they are happening more often lately. after it heals, it'll likely be some time before I start playing inline tournaments again, already told my tourney team that im done for next season.

14 hours ago, Stewie said:

I'm pretty sure mines a "sports hernia" as well. Read an article that they are happening more often lately. after it heals, it'll likely be some time before I start playing inline tournaments again, already told my tourney team that im done for next season.

There is a lot f debate as to whether or not a sports hernia even really exists.  Its not a hernia per se... really a torn groin/adductor.  I was told I had a sport hernia and then also had an actual inguinal hernia.  All I know is I tore some shit there and it sucked and it hurt like a mother....  Now I am left with something called tendonosis (look it up) from recurring injuries.  I can deal with it though.  All in all... it just sucks getting hurt!!

My grandmother passed away a couple of days ago.  Dementia set in relatively quickly.  Last time I saw her (almost 2 years ago) she seemed to be normal.  A week later is when it all started.

I've only have had to deal with death once in my family, so it's still somewhat a new experience for me.  I am flying out to Miami on Wednesday for her service.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2017 at 7:41 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

My grandmother passed away a couple of days ago.  Dementia set in relatively quickly.  Last time I saw her (almost 2 years ago) she seemed to be normal.  A week later is when it all started.

I've only have had to deal with death once in my family, so it's still somewhat a new experience for me.  I am flying out to Miami on Wednesday for her service.

Very sorry for your loss JR.  I hope the line in bold remains the case for you. 

Not a banner day yesterday. Went to gym and strained adductor again. Ugh.  This is becoming chronic. Then when I got home my wife got the terrible news that her sister passed away. Now I'm flying out to AZ for the funeral, cleanup, etc. Ugly. 

59 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Not a banner day yesterday. Went to gym and strained adductor again. Ugh.  This is becoming chronic. Then when I got home my wife got the terrible news that her sister passed away. Now I'm flying out to AZ for the funeral, cleanup, etc. Ugly. 

sorry to hear about your banner day. 

I am sure this only makes sense to people with an artistic bent, but my dad (in his cleaning frenzy - the hospice agency insists we need a hospital bed for my mom, so we have to do some weeding) threw out all of my old (high school, college) sketchbooks.  Easily a couple dozen.  Without asking me, letting me know, or even inquiring what I wanted to do with them.  I probably would have been ok recycling them, if I had gotten the chance to scan them first, and keep anything really important as a hardcopy.  I'm so angry.  For me, as an artist, it's like having someone take out an essential chunk of myself ("oh, this kidney?") and throw it in the garbage.  It's a history of me and my artistic development.  The books went to the hospital with me many times.  The work won awards.  Did he throw out the stupid participation trophies from the soccer and baseball I played when I was 5?  No, no, those he kept.  :mad:

Howdy,

Wow.  Yeah, I don't have any artistic bent at all, but that strikes me as a pretty awful thing to have happen.  Hopefully an honest mistake and all, but still lousy man.  Sorry to hear it.

Mark

• Like 2

18 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Wow.  Yeah, I don't have any artistic bent at all, but that strikes me as a pretty awful thing to have happen.  Hopefully an honest mistake and all, but still lousy man.  Sorry to hear it.

Mark

Alas, he knew what they were.  His excuse was that he was just really into the cleaning blitz.  He says he is sorry. 

On 7/13/2017 at 10:42 AM, badger_14 said:

I am sure this only makes sense to people with an artistic bent, but my dad (in his cleaning frenzy - the hospice agency insists we need a hospital bed for my mom, so we have to do some weeding) threw out all of my old (high school, college) sketchbooks.  Easily a couple dozen.  Without asking me, letting me know, or even inquiring what I wanted to do with them.  I probably would have been ok recycling them, if I had gotten the chance to scan them first, and keep anything really important as a hardcopy.  I'm so angry.  For me, as an artist, it's like having someone take out an essential chunk of myself ("oh, this kidney?") and throw it in the garbage.  It's a history of me and my artistic development.  The books went to the hospital with me many times.  The work won awards.  Did he throw out the stupid participation trophies from the soccer and baseball I played when I was 5?  No, no, those he kept.  :mad:

When I hear "hospice" and "my mom" in the same sentence, I am very soreful for your family, especially your dad; loosing the soulmate is like loosing once soul itself. Your art did not need to go, but your dad going through a very unique circumstances, in some cases more difficult than loosing a parent or even a child. Please make him feel as if him throwing your sketchbook is not a big deal, even if it really is. I am sorry for what you and your family is going through.

• Like 1

It's a complicated situation.  (The hospice, the dying, for everyone)  I didn't say much to him beyond asking if he'd thrown out the books.  I know he has a lot going on.  (I currently live at home.)  

Howdy,

Been playing with this D league team for almost a year now.  It was a big stretch for me when I started with them, and still remains a league where I'm over my head a bit, though I've for sure improved and gelled in better.

We finally make it to the championship game.

Which is scheduled for July 28th.

When I'm in Toronto for Summer Fest.

Fuck.

Mark

• Like 3

11 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Been playing with this D league team for almost a year now.  It was a big stretch for me when I started with them, and still remains a league where I'm over my head a bit, though I've for sure improved and gelled in better.

We finally make it to the championship game.

Which is scheduled for July 28th.

When I'm in Toronto for Summer Fest.

Fuck.

Mark

lmao unlucky my dude 

If your teenage child can not carry their own hockey bag and walk all the way into the parking lot by themselves (even in the *gasp* rain), then you probably have failed as a parent.

Every time we have the early game, right after the junior kids practice (which is even worse because these kids are good hockey players), You can't get around the parking lot because all the helicopter parents are double, triple, even quadruple parked at the entrance, and carrying the kids' gear to the car.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, psulion22 said:

If your teenage child can not carry their own hockey bag and walk all the way into the parking lot by themselves (even in the *gasp* rain), then you probably have failed as a parent.

Every time we have the early game, right after the junior kids practice (which is even worse because these kids are good hockey players), You can't get around the parking lot because all the helicopter parents are double, triple, even quadruple parked at the entrance, and carrying the kids' gear to the car.  

Quadruple parking sounds impossible 

3 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

Quadruple parking sounds impossible 

It's pretty impressive.  The two entrances of the rink are at the inner corner of the L-shaped building, so the turn in the parking lot is pretty wide in that area particularly if there is no one parked in the handicap spaces.  It's not necessarily four abreast, but rather staggered head to tail from cars coming in from two directions.

Edited by psulion22

15 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

It's pretty impressive.  The two entrances of the rink are at the inner corner of the L-shaped building, so the turn in the parking lot is pretty wide in that area particularly if there is no one parked in the handicap spaces.  It's not necessarily four abreast, but rather staggered head to tail from cars coming in from two directions.

I think I know which rink you're talking about - I've been in South Florida all week. Speaking of, it's nicer than the rink I play at in Connecticut, which sucks.

Edited by Jamarquan

19 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

I think I know which rink you're talking about - I've been in South Florida all week. Speaking of, it's nicer than the rink I play at in Connecticut, which sucks.

Where down here have you been?  It's the rink in Lake Worth - SkateZone.

Awhile back I gave my parents a old hockey bag full of Hockey and Lacrosse equipment to store while I was in a tiny apartment.  Well my dad was cleaning the garage, and calls me to ask what he wants him to do with the bag especially now that I own a house.  Most of it was mid level gear that I didn't care about any more and held no value.  I told him to grab my TPS gloves out of the bag.  He told me some mold had grown on them.  I said don't worry I will figure out something.  Well my mom took it upon herself to put them in the washing machine (front load), and I received this picture.

Lus5Ihw.jpg?1

pour one out for my gloves.  I told them to hold on to them still.  I may get a fabric marker and paint them or just use them as is.  I was only planning on using them for pond hockey anyway.

Edited by strosedefence34

On 7/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, psulion22 said:

Where down here have you been?  It's the rink in Lake Worth - SkateZone.

Used to play roller down there when it was strictly roller.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Used to play roller down there when it was strictly roller.

No way!  You'll be disappointed to hear that they are in the process of changing the roller rink over to ice.  When you played they would have had just the roller rink, that they later converted to ice.  Then they built another ice sheet and a smaller roller rink.  It will be 3 ice sheets by sometime next year.  I don't play roller anymore.  But it's too bad because this is the only indoor roller hockey rink in all of southeast Florida.