Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Well, last Tuesday I had to put my dog to sleep.  It was truly one of the worst days of my life and the whole week has been so dark with him.  He was an amazing, funny, smart, kooky, crazy beast and I will always miss him. 

• Sad 6

34 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Well, last Tuesday I had to put my dog to sleep.  It was truly one of the worst days of my life and the whole week has been so dark with him.  He was an amazing, funny, smart, kooky, crazy beast and I will always miss him. 

I know exactly how you feel man. So empty and lost. It hit me really hard too. Sorry man 😞 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

So sorry.  It’s such a difficult road and unfortunate that our pups don’t share our life span.  Sending you positive JuJu.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 4:08 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

I get where your feelings come from.

When we get to the rainbow bridge, we are reunited with our loved ones. So sorry about the loss of your furry family member.

• Like 2

Lost yet another game last night by 4+ goals. This has stopped being fun at this point.

On the bright side, a 5-1 loss technically improves my GAA... 

One week and three days post-op from step two in my three operation method to poo from my bum again and I can’t get my pouching system to last long or not have leaks. My stoma and surrounding skin has dramatically changed shape. Tuesday is when I see the ostomy nurse and this is driving me up a wall! 

On 8/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Guess I shouldn’t bitch too much as I got lucky, but there’s always that one reckless idiot on the other team who’s at risk of injuring someone far worse than he’d ever injure himself. 

https://instagram.com/p/BnElcwvDJrB/

How are you doing underneath that? Hope you’re okay.

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

One week and three days post-op from step two in my three operation method to poo from my bum again and I can’t get my pouching system to last long or not have leaks. My stoma and surrounding skin has dramatically changed shape. Tuesday is when I see the ostomy nurse and this is driving me up a wall! 

I realize it's a holiday weekend, but that seems significant enough to warrant bumping up the appointment- is there an on call doctor you can contact? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monty22 said:

I realize it's a holiday weekend, but that seems significant enough to warrant bumping up the appointment- is there an on call doctor you can contact? 

I am calling the on-call nurse to see if she can help. She has been an angel. She is doing what she can, despite the direction of my hole from my ostomy as it is down and almost aiming straight back at me! She has been out yesterday and today.

I don’t get to see the visiting ostomy/wound nurse until Tuesday as it is a specialty; I just get the on-call visiting nurse who has some experience with these things. All I can do is hope my bag stays attached until Tuesday when the wound/ostomy nurse comes by. 

I realise there are people going through MUCH worse, which this realisation is what helps me hang on. To say I am going through hell right now is an understatement!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am calling the on-call nurse to see if she can help. She has been an angel. She is doing what she can, despite the direction of my hole from my ostomy as it is down and almost aiming straight back at me! She has been out yesterday and today.

I don’t get to see the visiting ostomy/wound nurse until Tuesday as it is a specialty; I just get the on-call visiting nurse who has some experience with these things. All I can do is hope my bag stays attached until Tuesday when the wound/ostomy nurse comes by. 

I realise there are people going through MUCH worse, which this realisation is what helps me hang on. To say I am going through hell right now is an understatement!

I think I've got a temporary fix for ya:

il_570xN.1081240832_1ixq.jpg?version=0

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

The laugh is helping me deal with this!!!! Thanks!

I'd caution you not to bust a gut, but it's clearly too late for that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, badger_14 said:

I'd caution you not to bust a gut, but it's clearly too late for that.

Nah- I done blow’d that suckah up!!!! No guts to bust=no problem!!!!

Edited by bunnyman666

Howdy,

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Going to the rink has become a chore at this point. 

I’d take a season off if I wasn’t the goalie. 

How much are you getting paid to be there?

🙂

If going to the rink is a chore, tell the team and have them / you find you a sub for the season.  Full stop.

Gutting out a game when you're sick or something is one thing, but we do this for fun.  If you're consistently not having fun... Stop it.

Mark

• Like 1

My grandmother was hospitalized last night. Probably nothing but she's fairly old and has had heart issues recently so I'm worried. Not sure how she even got there considering she lives alone and is really stubborn when it comes to going to the doctor.

Going in to a pure hockey on a Saturday at 2pm when they are not busy and asking to have some rivets replaced. They say that it will probably be two hours, so I leave the skates with them. Three hours later I return and they haven't been started and am told then that they won't be able to get to them until tomorrow. Counted at least five employees there and possibly three customers. Talked to the store manager and all he had were excuses about why 12 steel rivets should take two days to complete. Pure in cranberry has gone downhill. 

• Facepalm 1

Howdy,

12 minutes ago, chikinpotpie said:

Going in to a pure hockey on a Saturday at 2pm when they are not busy and asking to have some rivets replaced. They say that it will probably be two hours, so I leave the skates with them. Three hours later I return and they haven't been started and am told then that they won't be able to get to them until tomorrow. Counted at least five employees there and possibly three customers. Talked to the store manager and all he had were excuses about why 12 steel rivets should take two days to complete. Pure in cranberry has gone downhill. 

Cranberry, PA?  I've had good luck getting them to do rivets for me, but its nearly always a weekday.  Last time was maybe a couple months ago?  They usually don't charge me either, so I end up buying something while I'm there out of guilt.  🙂  I fairly often have a couple rivets loose on my Makos.

They did them once for me on a weekend when I only had a couple loose, but the impression I got was that they really don't like doing them on weekends.  Whether that's because they seem to only have one or maybe two guys that are comfortable with boot repairs vs. just basic sharpening or due to being busy... I dunno.

Mark