Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

11 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

I’m at the ER and I’m going to be admitted. Most likely the doctors from interventional radiology will change out the drain tube today or tomorrow. 

So I got my drain upsized and it should be for the last time. The bad news it’s going to stay in for another 3 months. 

It’s not easy to sleep in a hospital as it is. So now it’s 11:50 & my roommate decides to turn his light on and has to have a bowl of cereal. WTF. 🤦🏻‍♂️

17 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

It’s not easy to sleep in a hospital as it is. So now it’s 11:50 & my roommate decides to turn his light on and has to have a bowl of cereal. WTF. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Did your roommate not see all those "Resting Is Healing ! :D" posters plastered in every hospital unit these days?  <_<

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:57 PM, Steve_v3 said:

Man... guy just had to pick, just about, the loudest food possible. I guess just be thankful he wasn't cracking open walnuts? Some people.

I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 7:03 PM, Steve_v3 said:

So I got my drain upsized and it should be for the last time. The bad news it’s going to stay in for another 3 months. 

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

On 6/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, Steve_v3 said:

WTF? Who even does that? I mean I get if you're in there with somebody who is struggling with nausea and/or keeping food down and will take any chance they can get to get something in them... but I doubt somebody eating cereal is doing it for that reason. 

I'm sorry you're stuck with a roommate 😞 I was very lucky to have had my own room for the week (I honestly have no idea how all that works - they just put me in one) but it ended up being a very good thing after the panic attacks. Morphine + nurses hurting you every time they see you = absolute panic the moment they'd knock on the door. They started mixing valium into the cocktail and things settled down... a little bit, at least. I imagine that would have sucked for a roommate to have to put up with... 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 6:03 PM, IPv6Freely said:

I'm sorry you're stuck with a roommate 😞 I was very lucky to have had my own room for the week (I honestly have no idea how all that works - they just put me in one) but it ended up being a very good thing after the panic attacks. Morphine + nurses hurting you every time they see you = absolute panic the moment they'd knock on the door. They started mixing valium into the cocktail and things settled down... a little bit, at least. I imagine that would have sucked for a roommate to have to put up with... 

I'm really not looking forward to the day I begin my recovery from a potential third transplant. The last time I was out of my tree with all the steroids and other meds you're on the first few days after a transplant. 

I thought the walls had bugs crawling all over them. I thought they had a brothel operating in the hospital. I pulled my IV out twice because I thought someone was trying to hurt me. Not fun for that time.

37 minutes ago, Steve_v3 said:

I'm really not looking forward to the day I begin my recovery from a potential third transplant. The last time I was out of my tree with all the steroids and other meds you're on the first few days after a transplant. 

I thought the walls had bugs crawling all over them. I thought they had a brothel operating in the hospital. I pulled my IV out twice because I thought someone was trying to hurt me. Not fun for that time.

It's pretty amazing (and not in a good way) what that kind of recovery and the drugs that come with it can do to your head. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 10:57 PM, Steve_v3 said:

That blows!!!

I had a roommate that thought EVERY nurse was his waitress. Add to that the nurse was telling him how coccaine was not good for his heart as he always called for his waitress/nurse! 11:50 in the evening eating cereal would make me nuts!!!!

Please stay strong, okay?  

• Like 1

We really need to add a player to our team who immediately becomes the top player in the league. That seems to be what every team does every season except us. We’re the idiots that keep bringing people up from rookie league instead. 

On 8/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, IPv6Freely said:

We really need to add a player to our team who immediately becomes the top player in the league. That seems to be what every team does every season except us. We’re the idiots that keep bringing people up from rookie league instead. 

What rink and league are you skating at?

Well to add to the kick ass summer I’ve had, while eating tonight I somehow break one of my front teeth. Not a little chip mind you, but 3/4 of it broke off. 

The hits keep coming.  🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Sad 1

On 8/6/2019 at 2:58 PM, IPv6Freely said:

No, that's short sighted.  What you need is to have 5 or 6 guys that are above the league level, one or two of them being far above.  Then you rotate them in and out as subs during the regular season, making sure that they all get the required playoff eligibility, but never all show up at once.  This is important because you have to have a 7-5 regular season record so the league doesn't want to move your team up a level.  It helps if you start off 0-3.  Then for the playoffs, you bring all your ringers and play them as much as possible, including only the 6 of them for the last half of the third, and all of any ensuing overtime.  Collect your trophy and free beer certificate every season.  Or at least that's what one team in two different leagues I play in does.

• Like 1

LOL sounds about right. 

In other related news, we had our first playoff game last night. Their team was permitted a sub because they “might be short”, despite him having never played a game with them before. They ended up with 9, which was exactly one more than we had. The whole thing seemed... wrong. 

IMO that shouldn’t happen. If you have 5 skaters then you play with 5 and it’s on you to try to get your players to show up. If you have less than 5 then sure you can have a sub, but it’s a forfeit. Getting approved to have a sub when you already have 8 guys is a bit silly.  

Ended up not mattering though. We won 3-2 with the winning goal coming with 44 seconds left. Our first playoff win in a number of seasons. We were the 5 seed playing the 4 seed (6 teams, 1 and 2 get byes, 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5).

At least the overall parity in the league is better this season. The top 3 teams were all tied in points. We were nowhere close to that but at least one team isn’t just crushing everyone.

• Like 1

Venting?

The two ice rinks in the city do not have open ice hockey times. There were some last month, and I only got to go to one of them. I want to get some practice before October when the fall men's league season starts.

Unlike any other place I've lived in the US, they only have open ice hockey during holidays and between beer league seasons. ☹️

Howdy,

Per my wrist tendinitis thread where it turned into actually being a TFCC Tear, I've been in a cast for just under 4 weeks.

Got it off today.  Was hoping maybe I'd be playing pickup tomorrow.

Uh... No.  Another 3 weeks in a brace and even if that wasn't the Dr. recommendation my wrist feels like pounded shit.  Crazy, CRAZY stiff and sore when its flexed beyond what the cast allowed.  Going to work on gentle stretches for a while and then hopefully wrist exercises if the stretching helps, but apparently I won't be playing any time soon.  😞

Mark

• Sad 1

Howdy,

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

You can't be serious, in a cast for about a month and you expect to be playing one day after the cast comes off....

I certainly didn't expect my wrist to feel WAY THE FUCK WORSE.

Maybe unrealistic.  I'm guessing the pain is from other things (ligaments / tendons / whatever) than the TFCC tear, just because they've been immobile for so long.

Still sucks.

Mark

Yeah, the muscles atrophy.  I remember getting a full leg cast off as a kid and my knee maybe had 15-20 degrees ROM.  The wrist has a lot going on inside.  Keep at it and hope to see you back on the ice ASAP!

On 8/20/2019 at 12:34 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Per my wrist tendinitis thread where it turned into actually being a TFCC Tear, I've been in a cast for just under 4 weeks.

Got it off today.  Was hoping maybe I'd be playing pickup tomorrow.

Uh... No.  Another 3 weeks in a brace and even if that wasn't the Dr. recommendation my wrist feels like pounded shit.  Crazy, CRAZY stiff and sore when its flexed beyond what the cast allowed.  Going to work on gentle stretches for a while and then hopefully wrist exercises if the stretching helps, but apparently I won't be playing any time soon.  😞

Mark

Did your doctor tell you when you would be able to play after the cast is removed?

Howdy,

On 8/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, caveman27 said:

Did your doctor tell you when you would be able to play after the cast is removed?

No.  Seems to be a "wear this brace and we'll check in 3 weeks" thing.

I'm doing some stretching exercises this week to try and get some range of motion back, then I'll start doing some resistance band exercises.  If I can get it back to at least what it was pre-cast, I'll play and try to just manage the pain.

Mark

• Like 1

Well it looks like I’m not going to be skating anytime soon. I’m not only not getting my drain taken out, but I’ll be getting an additional drain. My current drain only addresses one side of my liver. The new drain will be for the other side. 

The potential devastating news I got today is that if the additional drain isn’t successful then I would need surgery to attempt to open my bile ducts. It’s a major operation that could damage the major artery and cause the need for a transplant very soon afterwards. 

This wasn’t the information I was planning on getting today. 

• Sad 5