Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

On 9/21/2019 at 11:54 PM, IPv6Freely said:

23 players on our roster including me. We have 3 checked in for tomorrow's game. This is ridiculous. Captain says he's working on getting us subs. But honestly if we can't even ice 5 of our own skaters we should be forfeiting, IMO.

We've got a giant roster and luckily almost never have this problem. We did have a game this year that our goalie cancelled, and we couldn't find a spare; we almost forfeit the game before it started, but noticed the other team only had 6 skaters + goalie. With a full bench playing hard (and luckily having a few of our top players), we actually won the game.  This is low low level beer league, but it was a hell of a fun night and great story. The 6 skaters got gassed and could never keep any pressure.

Well I guess my body decided the proper way to ring in the New Year was from Umass Memorial medical center. 
Woke up yesterday with a fever and by the end of the day I was admitted to the hospital. Thinking the IV antibiotics will kill whatever is making me sick. 
With any luck I can go home tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

Howdy,

Grrr.  Nothing like driving to the rink to find out that pickup has been cancelled.

Small blessings.  It was only 15 minutes away, I guess.

Mark

Well I’m back in the hospital with yet another infection. Most likely around one of my drain sites. Because of everything I’m been tested for the flu and it came back negative, but they decided to do a more sensitive test. The good thing is I got a private room. 
 This week I’m scheduled to have my drains changed out. I’m getting general anesthesia because they are going to be more aggressive with dilating one of the drains that doesn’t want to stay open.

at least I feel things are moving in the right direction. Hopefully I can get these out by the summer  

We travel a bit, all over North America to play hockey, never once complained about costs, just part of the game. I cannot express my frustration over @usahockey doing their T2 girls and T1 boys RM Regionals in Phoenix during Spring training.  Not to mention, stay and play, with cheap rooms at a Holiday Inn(not my first choice, I’m a Hilton guy, look at S&P for those) at $230+ tax.  Flights from SLC to Phoenix are $400+ for chit times(think the booked earlier in season for $160ish).  Have  to be in on Wednesday through Sunday.  Where we travel, I should be welcoming a Phoenix trip, sooooo frustrating.  It’s not the overall cost, but for prices I should be in Toronto or Boston.  We’ll pay more for this trip than we did last trip to go to DC 2 weeks ago.

Didn’t mention, if you’re flying, rental cars are nuts.  Went down actually, down to $282, from close to $400.  I found some Frontier flights that I thought were great(ended up being not, because Frontier apparently charges you $35 for having a backpack, $65 each way and you can have a bag, backpack and choice your seat, that’s $260 to add to your $260ish to your standard fare).

Followed up with a cardiologist due to family history.  Two bad tests led to an angiogram that picked up blocked arteries. I am now the proud owner of three stents and a Lipitor prescription.  Oh joy. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Howdy,

9 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Followed up with a cardiologist due to family history.  Two bad tests led to an angiogram that picked up blocked arteries. I am now the proud owner of three stents and a Lipitor prescription.  Oh joy. 

Whoa!

So routine tests led to them finding that vs. any type of episode/symptoms?  That sounds actually fairly lucky if so?

Any restrictions on activities or anything?

Mark

18 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Got me beat, I've still got just the one stent, granted it was 11 years ago so I win the race. Enjoy your rehab and you'll be back on the ice before you know it.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:50 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

You have a heart, who would’ve guessed? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

good to hear you caught it early, I’d hate to have to render on ice first aid at WF. 🤙🏾🤣

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 6:06 PM, chippa13 said:

Got me beat, I've still got just the one stent, granted it was 11 years ago so I win the race. Enjoy your rehab and you'll be back on the ice before you know it.

Good to hear the success stories.  I worry about the long term future....

On 3/2/2020 at 11:50 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Glad to hear you caught it early. 

Batting last in the order and sitting every inning when our team is fielding is totally my idea of a fun beer league softball game. Glad I drove the hour+ in rush hour traffic to get there!

On 3/2/2020 at 11:50 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Hope you are feeling better though after the stents were put in.

My dad had stents put in a few years back, I was more worried than he was about the procedure hah. He's totally back to his old self now, golfing all the time.

• Like 1

My Dad had stents put in this past summer and I was really worried, but he's back to normal activity. My great uncle had them put in about 5 years ago and my father in-law had them put in a few years ago and they're both doing well. Do to my family history, I'll also have to get checked out regularly myself and may need stents in the future; I'd like to try to avoid that, but living with stents is much better than the alternative. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 9:21 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Good to hear the success stories.  I worry about the long term future....

Glad to be one. Any questions you've got, feel free. I know what is and will be going through your head.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2020 at 12:18 AM, IPv6Freely said:

My wife has Fibromyalgia. 

Not fun. My wife has been diagnosed with it too. Very frustrating. 

25 minutes ago, Steve_v3 said:

Not fun. My wife has been diagnosed with it too. Very frustrating. 

Yeah it’s really annoying. For both of us if I’m being honest. Obviously more for her though lol. But it’s just frustrating when we wanna go do stuff and she just can’t. We had to cancel a backpacking trip. Though it definitely seems to come and go.

A bit more concerned about her recovery from COVID-19 right now, though.

• Like 1

In these strange times we are in, I found two items are sold out everywhere. 1. web cams. 2. bidet attachments (bidet that you attach to your toilet under the toilet seat screws.

Also, some office chairs are sold out, a lot more people have switched to working from home full time, like me. I ended up ordering a gaming chair.

• Like 1