Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

If you're the kind of person who lives in a crowded townhouse development and loudly blasts music on your back porch, subjecting it to everyone nearby quarantined inside their homes, you can gargle a bouquet of dicks.

Seriously, when did this become okay?

• Like 2

I just found out a friend's boyfriend died last week.  Not sure yet on the cause, it could have been either COVID or appendicitis/rupture.  His symptoms could have indicated both.  What's sad is he likely did die because of COVID either way though.  He had been having abdominal pains for a few days, and twice decided to go to an Urgent Care clinic but had an anxiety attack because of the fear of getting COVID, one of those times actually turning the car around on the way.  If he had gotten medical attention, they likely could have saved him either way.  He ended up dying suddenly at home.

Edited by psulion22
  • Sad 3

I’m in the hospital and waiting to get my latest procedure. This will hopefully help get rid of my drains. 
Unfortunately My luck with roommates has continued. I had a private room on Monday night because they were waiting for my COVID test to come back. Once it was negative I was moved. My first roommate was clearly altered and got worse as the day progressed.

So they moved me to another room. It was around 11:00 so I tried to get some sleep. At 12:30 my roommate decided it was a good time to watch Rambo 2. I finally feel asleep around 1:00. Only to wake up at 3:30 with his light on and tv blaring again. Plus the heat was turned up to 80. So I’ve been up since then. But now he’s sleeping with his tv off. 

Sleeping is tough enough in a hospital, but yikes. 

• Sad 3

My high school finally cancelled the rest of the year, which, while it was obvious in retrospect, it still really sucks to lose the end of senior year and all the stuff that was lined up for the next month - an internship, HS Nationals for rugby, prom, graduation, saying goodbye to friends, etc. I'm hopeful that college won't be impacted a lot by this, especially since the county that the school I'll be attending is in has had very few cases, but that optimism feels foolish.

Hope everyone's doing well though, I'm fortunate to live in a town where there hasn't been many cases.

• Like 2

Man, Havasupai is really screwing people over.

Obviously they're closed right now, as they should be. They have no hospitals and if the virus hits there they are pretty screwed. But the handling of reservations is... not ideal. It sucks for them because their income is pretty much 100% tourism, so this is kicking their ass. I feel for them. That said...

The LOGICAL thing to do would be to give everyone the same date next year. That is fair for absolutely everyone.

Instead, every month they're basically letting the people who had reservations that month (eg. currently the May 2020 people) reschedule their stay for ANY date in 2021.

So basically, by being one of the people who had a reservation in the best month of the year as far as weather there (September), I'm going to be picking my new dates near the end of the list once there is nothing left because the people who reserved crappy dates (April/May) took all the good ones already. What a mess. And I thought their BOOKING system was a disaster!

Howdy,

Well, fuck.

The local outdoor dek/roller hockey rink was supposed to open tomorrow.  

They just extended their closure through August.

There goes my plan to go up and get some inline / whatever practicing in for most of the summer.  I was attracted to it because it doesn't seem to get much use, plus being outside its got good airflow, etc. so shouldn't have been as bad as an indoor ice rink.

Guess its going to be inlines in the driveway with a green biscuit only.

Mark

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Well, fuck.

The local outdoor dek/roller hockey rink was supposed to open tomorrow.  

They just extended their closure through August.

There goes my plan to go up and get some inline / whatever practicing in for most of the summer.  I was attracted to it because it doesn't seem to get much use, plus being outside its got good airflow, etc. so shouldn't have been as bad as an indoor ice rink.

Guess its going to be inlines in the driveway with a green biscuit only.

Mark

Funny you should mention inline. Last weekend, I thought I would find my old inline Mission hockey skates in storage and do some skating on some local roads. The boots were covered in mold, mainly on the fabric sections. I skated in them once though, and threw them out. I bought them back in the mid 90s so they got plenty of use back then. Then, I check online stores, and all online hockey stores have sold out of clearance model roller hockey skates. 🙁 New ones (that are nice) are over $400.

My last procedure is looking like it’s not going to work. Going for a CT scan and liver biopsy this week. As long they don’t see anything different, I’m most likely headed to major surgery. 
The surgery involves a resection of the liver and creating a new connection between the liver and small bowel. 
It’s a 8 hour surgery with a incision about the same as my transplant scars. 
needless to say I’m anxious and nervous about doing this. 

• Sad 3

Poison ivy/oak/sumac - why do you exist?  Using the time at home to do some work in the yard.  Cut down several trees and cleared some saplings that were growing in a bed of pachysandra and other unknown plant life. That was the weekend before last.  Whatever the hell I got into is finally going away. At least it was confined to patches on my legs below the knee, but it got old quick. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Monty22 said:

Poison ivy/oak/sumac - why do you exist?  Using the time at home to do some work in the yard.  Cut down several trees and cleared some saplings that were growing in a bed of pachysandra and other unknown plant life. That was the weekend before last.  Whatever the hell I got into is finally going away. At least it was confined to patches on my legs below the knee, but it got old quick. 

My wife & daughter stumbled into some cleaning up in our yard. they needed to go on steroids to finally clear it up. Nasty stuff.

Pup is jumping teams(assuming we have a season), had to but Navy stuff.  Left bag behind car.  2-3 week old Tacks 710 done, that’s fun.  May just grab a 910, because I’m a gear whore.

• Sad 1

On 6/4/2020 at 7:24 PM, Monty22 said:

One of my kids got a bunch of rashes multiple times, recently. (rashes took about two weeks to clear in each instance and were not contagious)  Had no idea what was causing it, until I took a walk around my property doing some work and found tons of it in the nearby woods.  Apparently they have had an increased spread this year, possibly due to climate change.  Add in the increase in tick populations; I'm just putting my kids off limits to playing in the woods now, sadly

buying a new house and moving with a 3 month old is awful.    Like getting kicked in the junk with steel toe clown shoes awful

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jlt73 said:

buying a new house and moving with a 3 month old is awful.    Like getting kicked in the junk with steel toe clown shoes awful

Howdy,

LOL.  Doing most things with a 3 month old is awful.  It'll get better and you'll get more used to everything taking 4 times as long as it should. 

Hopefully you have family around to help?

Mark

16 hours ago, jlt73 said:

Haha We're preparing for this hopefully in the next few weeks. Except in addition to the 3month old we have a 3 year old and a 2 year old... That's gonna be a party 

9 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Haha We're preparing for this hopefully in the next few weeks. Except in addition to the 3month old we have a 3 year old and a 2 year old... That's gonna be a party 

Oh man!  My condolences!  good luck bud! lol

22 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

LOL.  Doing most things with a 3 month old is awful.  It'll get better and you'll get more used to everything taking 4 times as long as it should. 

Hopefully you have family around to help?

Mark

Both sides of our family are 3 hours away.  Luckily we had them come down to help a little bit, but nonetheless, it was amazingly "fun" lol!

Adopted a dog in Sept from a rescue place.  Had vet visit for vaccinations and he tested positive for heartworm. Apparently this is common for dogs that were brought up from down south. Began treatment Tuesday. Keeping a 1.5 year old pup from running, chasing squirrels/deer/fox/bear etc until October is going to break his soul.  

• Like 1

In hospital for potential heart attack. I’m kind of surprised by how relaxed they are being about the fact that my wife has COVID-19 symptoms, especially after I explained them and the nurse was like “oh yeah, she’s got it”

Well apparently not a heart attack. Doc says he doesn’t know what it is but it’s his job as an ER doctor to make sure it’s NOT on his checklist of emergency items, so he STRESSED he doesn’t know what it was and said to follow up with my doctor 3-5 days. 

• Like 1