Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Dont tell me that youre a project manager...

Zach

Assume you were directing this at me... no, i'm not a project manager but a company rep in the field. I can make the decisions myself, but this group has specifically said they wanted to do the decisions themselves. In the past, I would have replied to the dealer that I would/would not support the decisions they make... unfortunately its not the same for this particular group. they love to sit in head office, claim that the field reps arent doing their job, and bitch about how badly the dealer is doing in terms of responses.

Btw, this particular engineer has come to our field office twice, and has already declared pretty clearly and loudly that he would love to take a position in the field office. Most of us wouldnt have this guy handing out water bottles on the bench (to put it in a hockey perspective)... He's got it in his mind that its a challenge working with the dealers... well, its a challenge and a throat slitting experience working with pricks like him. The dealer management has already put him on the black list... thereby not allowing him into the territory.

Sold a shaft and it was returned to me by USPS today broken in half with an apology note (not a personalized on, a pre-printed one in a plastic envelope they stuck to the shaft).

I sold it for $25, and have already refunded the seller, but is it worth filing a claim with USPS?

Is it too much hassle for just $25?

God damn insomnia. I got up at 8am Monday, and here it is 3am Tuesday and I'm wide awake.

I'll also be heading to the hospital tomorrow. If my suspicion is right it's another round of kidney stone(s) for me. If not something is wrong, god damn nuts feel like they're 10 pounds each and I've got a knife going from my right lower back toward my junk. Just like February, that turned out to be very wonderful. Here's the story from last time. :angry:

Sounds about right. That's what mine felt like.

Sold a shaft and it was returned to me by USPS today broken in half with an apology note (not a personalized on, a pre-printed one in a plastic envelope they stuck to the shaft).

I sold it for $25, and have already refunded the seller, but is it worth filing a claim with USPS?

Follow up and make them pay. If not for the money, then at least for the principle of it all.

Dont tell me that youre a project manager...

Zach

Assume you were directing this at me... no, i'm not a project manager but a company rep in the field. I can make the decisions myself, but this group has specifically said they wanted to do the decisions themselves. In the past, I would have replied to the dealer that I would/would not support the decisions they make... unfortunately its not the same for this particular group. they love to sit in head office, claim that the field reps arent doing their job, and bitch about how badly the dealer is doing in terms of responses.

Btw, this particular engineer has come to our field office twice, and has already declared pretty clearly and loudly that he would love to take a position in the field office. Most of us wouldnt have this guy handing out water bottles on the bench (to put it in a hockey perspective)... He's got it in his mind that its a challenge working with the dealers... well, its a challenge and a throat slitting experience working with pricks like him. The dealer management has already put him on the black list... thereby not allowing him into the territory.

Well enough. Just sounded like a PM until you clarified...PM's are a thorn in my side.

Zach

Plus shipping costs and gas money. ;)

I hate living in Texas the football players are treated like royalty. They have their shirts that say the kings of Colleyville (School I go to.) They get the spirit girls to do their homework for them, they get curves on tests that no one else gets, and teachers pass them if they get a 50 or higher, because they are like gods. I know it will get them no where in life eventually but it still pisses me off to no extent.

I hate living in Texas the football players are treated like royalty. They have their shirts that say the kings of Colleyville (School I go to.) They get the spirit girls to do their homework for them, they get curves on tests that no one else gets, and teachers pass them if they get a 50 or higher, because they are like gods. I know it will get them no where in life eventually but it still pisses me off to no extent.

Ugg :angry: Same thing at my school dude, but at least it's not as bad as yours. It's sad that in Texas they don't realize who the real athletes are (hockey players of course)

happens everywhere man. get used to it. when i was in school it sucks, but wait till there out of high school and you can laugh at them since most end up like losers cause nothing is handed to them. no offense anyone to played football, but its usually true.

Some women are seriously screwed in the head .. have a regular girl me and her are fighting, me and my ex from like 2 years ago (we remained friends) hung out and she pulled a move on me, and then all of a sudden it started this big thing thats zero my fault.. Not going to bore you with the details but seriously, some women really need to give there heads a shake.

It's a good life lesson; life isn't fair and some people get lucky, but you can control your own life.

happens everywhere man. get used to it. when i was in school it sucks, but wait till there out of high school and you can laugh at them since most end up like losers cause nothing is handed to them. no offense anyone to played football, but its usually true.

I played in high school and was able to get a scholarship and played my first two years of college before I lost interest, turns out school isn't so easy when you're paying for it on your own....... Not that I needed the help or anything through school but who's gonna turn down the oppurtunity to skate through school? Biggest disservice anyone could ever do for me, if I could go back and do it again I wouldn't take the lazy route in school

Exactly K Tang, if you work harder, you will be worth more then the Football player anyways. Think of how long their career is/chance of making the NFL. Compared to the chances you have of making good money through hard work at school/college. You will have a house, good wife, plough and double door fridge/freezer for the brewskis! Football player with a broken hip gets sweet f all.

My vent is this: Tossers in the locker room who think they are better then others because they have been playing top grade hockey since they were 12. I played state and I treat my fellow state players the same as I treat a junior player or beginner adult. With courtesy, tolerance and most of all respect.

God damn insomnia. I got up at 8am Monday, and here it is 3am Tuesday and I'm wide awake.

I'll also be heading to the hospital tomorrow. If my suspicion is right it's another round of kidney stone(s) for me. If not something is wrong, god damn nuts feel like they're 10 pounds each and I've got a knife going from my right lower back toward my junk. Just like February, that turned out to be very wonderful. Here's the story from last time. :angry:

Sweet God, I just read about your last time... :o

I think you win the venting thread.

Did they give you any advice last round to avoid another? It appears unsuccessful. :(

How about this:

24 years old, college graduate spending the last two years at the largest custodial banking firm in the world. Over a two year span, promoted to senior associate, preparing for grad school/ cfa / series exams and I went through THREE interviews at a major firm, meeting with a total of 13 people for a combined 12 hours time period. Call today, sorry... didn't get the job!

WTF do I have to do make some money in this world, college left me broke... hockey doesnt help haha

Some women are seriously screwed in the head .. have a regular girl me and her are fighting, me and my ex from like 2 years ago (we remained friends) hung out and she pulled a move on me, and then all of a sudden it started this big thing thats zero my fault.. Not going to bore you with the details but seriously, some women really need to give there heads a shake.

dude, have to keep the skeletons in the closet or WELL hidden

I'll also be heading to the hospital tomorrow. If my suspicion is right it's another round of kidney stone(s) for me. If not something is wrong, god damn nuts feel like they're 10 pounds each and I've got a knife going from my right lower back toward my junk. Just like February, that turned out to be very wonderful. Here's the story from last time.

Sweet God, I just read about your last time...

I think you win the venting thread.

Did they give you any advice last round to avoid another? It appears unsuccessful.

Avoid salt and red meat, and told me the odds of getting another. They say if you get one you'll probably get another.

Went to see a urologist today. Lots of waiting, pissed in a cup, talked to the doc for all of a minute, set up a CT scan for tomorrow. No script for pain pills :(

I'm down to 8 pills, so I need to ration or go see a different doc, go through the paces of explaining every thing, probably have my tender nuts handled again, just to get a few Vicodin. They really hate handing out Percocet, but the vicodin really isn't cutting it anymore.

How about this:

24 years old, college graduate spending the last two years at the largest custodial banking firm in the world. Over a two year span, promoted to senior associate, preparing for grad school/ cfa / series exams and I went through THREE interviews at a major firm, meeting with a total of 13 people for a combined 12 hours time period. Call today, sorry... didn't get the job!

Suck it up, my useful not-communications degree from a top 10 university hasn't help me get a job either right now, I've been out of school 18 months, I've had a job working in a warehouse, only even called for an interview 15 times, called back for second rounds 3 times, turned down at all of them. The last one was at best buy for seasonal help. I'm on extended unemployment.

You're still going on interviews where a suit is not "overdressed" I have no pity for you.

So I am 18 and my parents arent letting me leave my house because its midnight. Seriously cut the fucking cord

You can cut the cord yourself by moving out. If you are being given a roof over your head, food, heat/AC, a bead to sleep in, medical insurance, etc.....then you might have to deal with a curfew.

I think that for all you are getting, especially in these tough times, a curfew is well worth it.

Its tough out there bro. Freedom has its price....

So I am 18 and my parents arent letting me leave my house because its midnight. Seriously cut the fucking cord

You can cut the cord yourself by moving out. If you are being given a roof over your head, food, heat/AC, a bead to sleep in, medical insurance, etc.....then you might have to deal with a curfew.

I think that for all you are getting, especially in these tough times, a curfew is well worth it.

Haha I knew someone would say that. I'm moving out next year for college, so that's why having a curfew sucks because its my last year here. But oh well

Haha I knew someone would say that. I'm moving out next year for college, so that's why having a curfew sucks because its my last year here. But oh well

Ahhhh....the first year away from home at college....good times....good times. Enjoy!

Had a new girl on the books. Thought she seemed normal, great body, funny/interesting to talk to.

New discovery, she has two personalities. One hot, one cold.

RAUS!!!!!