Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I've had 2 of them the past week, Got my s19 broken and high stick in the eye. Than game tonight it was like no one could see me on the ice. I didn't get one decent pass. I got my stick stick-checked and it came up and smashed in to my teeth and nose.

Sorry just had to vent a bit. All the prep up to the game and have a shitty game is frustrating.

HS tryouts tonight. It figures the dumbass at the local rink, not my normal LHS, forgets to change the sharpening wheels and I end up with a goalie cut to skate suicides and 1 on 1's on. thanks alot fergusons center ice sports in bpt CT

did you tell the coach about the sharpening or lack there of?

did you make the team?

I did make the coach aware and he let me get on the ice for the end of the 3 hour session. I go on tonight for an hour and an intrasquad game tonight. Only a frosh, but with my 6' 200 lb build I hope to play 2nd or 3rd D pair on JV

So since the hockey season has started mid september for me I've been feeling healthy for about 2 weeks in total. It feels like I've been sick forever. It's getting to be quite frustrating

Wednesday:

0755: Fender bender. So long bumper on my '09 Vibe, so long perfect driving record.

1015: Arrive at school, spend part of day dealing with wanna be gang bangers targeting a specific kid; break up three altercations.

1445: Having spent two hours making phone calls to arrange crisis support counselling for a teen professing suicidal intentions, little miss precious tells counsellors "Didn't mean it! WTF..." and storms off school grounds.

1915: Arrive back at school to catch up on work missed in the morning, discover my woodwork shop has been broken into the night previously, and $4k of carving knives, hand tools and portable power tools is gone, gutting my carpentry program and four years of carefully planned purchasing done on a shoestring budget.

Sunday:

2030: Ball drops for late game of my inline ball hockey league.

2031 - 2130: Every stress and hassle gets left behind, never mind the score.

Thank you, hockey.

Mold spores in the house/work/school. Just an unprofessional guess.

Funny you mention that. I'm getting my entire room reno'd because it flooded. That could be a factor. My gear gets cleaned a couple times a season so I'm hoping anyways thats not it.

Edited by tips09

Wednesday- 10am: 10 page paper due

Thursday- 6pm: Easily the biggest football game in the history of the UO. Can't attend because....

Friday- 2 tests due by 5pm

Saturday- 8am:LSATs, followed by

Monday: 10am Final #1

Tuesday: 10am Final #2

Wednesday: 8am Final #3.

Stupid Hockeymonkey.eu - just when i thought there might be away of getting quality kit normally only available from the states - i find their website is shit and full of the same old junk that we get over here already

why dont hockeymonkey stock the same stuff across all their branches?!?!?

argh!

$350 to wrap the roof vents on my house in wire to keep whatever the hell animal was running around in my attic this morning from getting back in.

But, it was also a good day...(see the"Sweet Thread")

Kids movies that come from netflix - I've had to wait on replacements of the last 6 G / PG movies I've gotten because they looked like they were dragged across a gravel pit by an ATV driven by a coked out 7 year old.

Mold spores in the house/work/school. Just an unprofessional guess.

Funny you mention that. I'm getting my entire room reno'd because it flooded. That could be a factor. My gear gets cleaned a couple times a season so I'm hoping anyways thats not it.

That stuff's nothing to mess with. There's a lot of fear induced by companies, but we had a washer snafu a couple years ago and getting that taken care of in the same day was pricey up front but saved us in the long run.

Thursday- 6pm: Easily the biggest football game in the history of the UO. Can't attend because....

I'll agree with you on finals, mine do not start until the 14th, but they last the entire week. Hooray for lazy professors that don't want to get out of bed before 11am and schedule their final for 3:30pm on Friday the 18th. I'm sure all 30 of us really want to be on campus until it closes Friday evening... gotta love the extra charges that come for having to stay the extra night on campus too.

As someone that works in reslife, I can say that's

it's very, very odd if you are being charged late-stay if you have an exam. The only reason would be, say, if halls close at 6pm, your exam ends before then, and you decide to stay the night anyway.

If your prof scheduled an exam that ends at after the time the halls close, reslife or housing (depending on how your school runs) should not charge you.

I'll agree with you on finals, mine do not start until the 14th, but they last the entire week. Hooray for lazy professors that don't want to get out of bed before 11am and schedule their final for 3:30pm on Friday the 18th. I'm sure all 30 of us really want to be on campus until it closes Friday evening... gotta love the extra charges that come for having to stay the extra night on campus too.

your professors schedule finals?

here at the school i go to there is a set schedule for all the finals. We cant blame a teacher for having a late friday final, its just how the schedule works.

im glad i only go to that wed of finals week

your professors schedule finals?

here at the school i go to there is a set schedule for all the finals. We cant blame a teacher for having a late friday final, its just how the schedule works.

im glad i only go to that wed of finals week

Yeah, CMU does it the same way. Classes that meat at X time will have a final at X time, based on this grid you can find online.

Last night in our game there was a race for the puck at our defensive blue line. I leaned forward with my stick trying to poke it away from the rushing forward. My stick got caught between his legs so I let it go, unfortunately he tripped and I got a penalty. This is a perfect example of an accidental trip that is still a penalty, I had no intention of tripping him but my stick got caught up in his legs. The whistle went, I leaned over and picked up my stick. The next thing I know I'm being slammed back down to the ice. Someone on their team skated full steam at me from their blue line and cross checked me in the back! And for some reason he only got a crosscheck penalty...I'm pretty sure if you come from across the rink and cross check someone in the back in a low level non check adult league you should be out of the game...It's alright though, we settled it by beating them 5-4 and knocking them out of the playoffs.

Last night in our game there was a race for the puck at our defensive blue line. I leaned forward with my stick trying to poke it away from the rushing forward. My stick got caught between his legs so I let it go, unfortunately he tripped and I got a penalty. This is a perfect example of an accidental trip that is still a penalty, I had no intention of tripping him but my stick got caught up in his legs. The whistle went, I leaned over and picked up my stick. The next thing I know I'm being slammed back down to the ice. Someone on their team skated full steam at me from their blue line and cross checked me in the back! And for some reason he only got a crosscheck penalty...I'm pretty sure if you come from across the rink and cross check someone in the back in a low level non check adult league you should be out of the game...It's alright though, we settled it by beating them 5-4 and knocking them out of the playoffs.

If it is as you described a five and game for a check from behind would be an appropriate penalty, but a lot of refs are unlikely to call a penalty like that, especially in a close game or one with playoff implications.

If it is as you described a five and game for a check from behind would be an appropriate penalty, but a lot of refs are unlikely to call a penalty like that, especially in a close game or one with playoff implications.

Yea, I kind of figured that was his thought. They didn't call much of anything last night and the game got pretty chippy at the end.