Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Yeah, we're hoping it is just that.

The situation is that in a lot of third-world countries, security is needed - I remember a couple of years back someone tried to rob/kill them and they couldn't because their bedroom door was made out of steel and padlocked from the inside (house is in an affluent part of town) so if they are trapped in there, may be difficult to get them out, and not only that, but one of them is suffering from Alzheimer's and the other one has colon cancer, and they're both in their 80s.

Damn man, that's a tough spot.

I used to play hockey with a guy that took a contract gig in Haiti helping reform the government and law enforcement community. Unfortunately I lost his email address somewhere along the way. If anyone sees a tall, thin guy with curly reddish hair and glasses, let me know. Carl is one of the best people I have ever met.

My cousin is married to a haitian, we've been getting updates and so far most of his immediate family is accounted for. Thoughts and prayers are with him and you, JR.

JR, hope all turns out well for you. Wow. To make things fun for me I had a "2009-2010 Red Wings hat trick". A goal, an assist, and an inury. Hope it's just a bad left ankle sprain but I had to be helped off with 3 minutes left in the 3rd. We were way ahead. I was after the puck behind their net and a dman hit me from behind when I had most weight on my left skate as I was turning. Loud pop and down I went. Then an hour drive home from where I played. It's swelled up 2x normal size now after icing it. We'll see what Thursday AM brings...

On friday two of my good buddies passed away in a car crash, tuesday someone backed into my car and drove away, got pulled over immediately after pulling out of a hotel where my friends sister and I were picking out songs for his funeral last night, woke up with a huge cold sore today and have to start writing my speech for one of the funerals. What a week.

On friday two of my good buddies passed away in a car crash, tuesday someone backed into my car and drove away, got pulled over immediately after pulling out of a hotel where my friends sister and I were picking out songs for his funeral last night, woke up with a huge cold sore today and have to start writing my speech for one of the funerals. What a week.

Damn. Sorry to hear.

My grandaunts were found today - alive and no injuries. Thank you guys for the support.

Glad to hear it. Any word on damage to their home?

Well, in for surgery tomorrow morning. Fibula is broken with the fracture offset a bit. Plate and screws going in. Doc said roughly 10 weeks to fully heal and a bit longer to build things back up. Told me hockey would probably not be a problem. There goes my winter, ouch.

Well, in for surgery tomorrow morning. Fibula is broken with the fracture offset a bit. Plate and screws going in. Doc said roughly 10 weeks to fully heal and a bit longer to build things back up. Told me hockey would probably not be a problem. There goes my winter, ouch.

does a bit of your gear come this way too? :P jk jk good luck with the recovery

its good to hear JR, my ex had family back in china when that earthquake happened and it was a tough couple weeks

good luck on the recovery and rehab TOO OLD. this time last year i was recovering from 12 screws and a plate in my leg. broke both my tibia and fibia. took me about 8 months before i played hockey again. but good luck with that man!!

that sucks. A guy on my team broke his leg during one of our games a year or two ago. he had the metal pole down his leg. he's on here as well, fieldofdreams.

too bad he's only half as fast now because of it!! :D

It's beautiful out today, and I wish I could go out and play some puck. Unfortunately I'm still hurting from my latest knee injury. Ironic, today is five years to the day that I dislocated my kneecap for the first time.