Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I'm in Sales. I understand that people always think there is some wiggle room and I'm just not that sort of salesman. I tell people that straight up.

But when I email a customer and tell him a price is $4500 for product Z, and then he calls me later and asks about a different product (M) and I give him a price of $2500, don't email me later in the night and say you just wanted to double check and make sure that that product Z is quoted at $2500 and you're ready for the item to be delivered at my earliest convenience.

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU COPY THE ORIGINAL EMAIL I SENT TO YOU SAYING HOW MUCH PRODUCT Z ORIGINALLY WAS.

God I hate people sometimes.

Went in for my weekly manager meeting at the campus today for the student-body gym. After the meeting I went to the gym to check some things that were brought to our attention in the locker rooms. Went into the aerobics room to find that the brand new dvd/vhs combo player we got this Monday has been stolen. Honestly, every week we get 20-30 complaints about the machines, weights, etc. we finally start to have our hands untied by the school's funding and this happens. Efffffff! :angry:

got smoked from behind in our game today, and i clipped the little ledge of boards that the glass sits on, on the road, 4 hr bus ride home, go to emerge, they say they're backed up 5 hrs, so i came home and am going back later.

26554_320489843357_510643357_3604086_3212155_n.jpg

*Edit: just got home, good for 9 or 10, time for some well deserved z's. its been a long night.

Edited by adam14

Okay, so maybe this is my fault after all .. but im 17, and i've been going to the same bar for awhile, its pretty much just a teenager hangout. The bartenders were always really cool to me, but one of my friends went to the bar and ordered a drink and they took his id and kicked us all out .. I know thats 100% my fault, but it just frustrates me. I think the drinking age is kind of stupid myself. I think once you turn 19, it doesnt mean your responsibility enough to drink at all.

I figure drinking should be like a drivers license to some extent where maybe showing information about what your doing at an earlier age could help a great deal. I know multiple kids who went out and got alcohol poisioning coming near death, if they put some sort of educational program at schools or something that would help a lot, also a drinking age of 16 would be amazing but stupid, I wish i lived in quebec. Its hard to imagine that in a year i will be able to go there without having to use a fake id.

On a side note, why is marijuana illegal while alcohol isnt? I know its obviously negative to some extent, but isnt just about everything fun? Legal marijuana would be so much cheaper, would have some medicinal purpose, not face high addiction rates and could really net the government some insane tax money. Imagine how much money would be saved without constantly battling against drugs? That money could be used to deal with worse problems or even educational programs for kids.

Edited by Leafsrule16

Okay, so maybe this is my fault after all .. but im 17, and i've been going to the same bar for awhile, its pretty much just a teenager hangout. The bartenders were always really cool to me, but one of my friends went to the bar and ordered a drink and they took his id and kicked us all out .. I know thats 100% my fault, but it just frustrates me. I think the drinking age is kind of stupid myself. I think once you turn 19, it doesnt mean your responsibility enough to drink at all.

I figure drinking should be like a drivers license to some extent where maybe showing information about what your doing at an earlier age could help a great deal. I know multiple kids who went out and got alcohol poisioning coming near death, if they put some sort of educational program at schools or something that would help a lot, also a drinking age of 16 would be amazing but stupid, I wish i lived in quebec. Its hard to imagine that in a year i will be able to go there without having to use a fake id.

On a side note, why is marijuana illegal while alcohol isnt? I know its obviously negative to some extent, but isnt just about everything fun? Legal marijuana would be so much cheaper, would have some medicinal purpose, not face high addiction rates and could really net the government some insane tax money. Imagine how much money would be saved without constantly battling against drugs? That money could be used to deal with worse problems or even educational programs for kids.

Because when you are 15-18 drunk and drunk off your ass, no matter how mature you are you don't have the discretion to not drive usually, I know more then enough guys our age that have learned that the hard way.

Got the day off of school for raain. Vent is that my local pond is slushy, my Internet is down for my ps3 so there is nothing to do. Might as well get started on my schoolwork

"You've been missing a lot of work lately, Peter."

"I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob!"

Yes! First thing I thought when I read that comment!

Got on the ice last night to ref 3 games in a row (Midget house, midget rep, and Juve rep).

Two man system and my partner was bitching about his old skates he had to wear because his steel broke in his new ones on the weekend. Anyway we're standing in the ref circle waiting to start and I notice a rivet on the ice. Figuring it has to be from his we start checking his skates. All there, meaning its popped out of my one95's. Guess that shot I blocked on the weekend had some more serious effects then i thought. Anyway had to do one game with a wobbly holder before I got my one90's brought to the rink.

Thinking all is fixed I throw them on only to realize the steel is so low that I keep almost falling backwards, not to mention the lower cut boot was definitely less comfortable.

Lastly, now I have to go get my one95's fixed because we're still over a month away from totalone's (assuming they fit). Hopefully the rivet just popped out from being a little rusty and there isn't anything more serious going on in the heel of my boot.

Edited by furlanitalia

i hate ordering gear from hockeymonkey. I'd almost rather pay more money for a product i don't really want from my LHS. hockeymonkey will probably put the shit i ordered tuesday in the mail friday so it won't get here until the middle of next month because UPS is retarded.

Edited by n3ss

If you want it faster pay for next day air or buy local. I've never had problems with them shipping goods, it has always been on the truck within 48 hours.

Ask them to use USPS.

Hopefully he gets a better/different answer than I do when I ask if they'll use USPS. Giant will, but these guys enjoy the tension wondering if I'll pay $40 to have blades shipped.

monkey has always been pretty good with me. It's usually order one day, if it's before 3pm or so I'll get the shipping email late in the next day. Then usually on the fourth or fifth day I'll get it in New Jersey.

Now, to complaining. WILL THIS F'N SNOW STOP?!? I shoveled last night, watched the gold medal game and then went to bed. I woke up this morning and it's like I did absolutely nothing. It still won't stop coming down.

So I apparently won't have a team at all this season. The Captain did everything but promise me I would be on his final roster, but since he went out of town, the Assistant C finished it without being told, and it was already submitted. I hate people...

well.....My mom comes over and she tells me that her and my step dad are getting a divorce...this is her second.

Her and my dad split when i was about 5. all last year i was living at my grandmothers with my dad. that was fine until my grandmother and grandfather split. I moved in with my mom. so now...i have no fucking place to live and EVERYTHING is at my moms house. My gear for hockey, airsoft and motocross. all my clothes, my tv, my 360.......I am about to go fucking kill someone..... >:O

as it also turns out he lived up to his nickname...Dick.

Just wanted to post again because I got really lucky and someone dropped off another team so I got added and will even get to play forward most/all of the time :)