Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

If she isn't willing to do that, forcing the issue will become a wedge. Let her know that you will support her should she want to file harassment charges, but leave the decision up to her. If he starts calling you, then you can do something about it.

Excellent advice.

If she isn't willing to do that, forcing the issue will become a wedge. Let her know that you will support her should she want to file harassment charges, but leave the decision up to her. If he starts calling you, then you can do something about it.

That's how I've been approaching it so far. I basically try to stay out of it and not sweat it too much. This kid is a little off his rocker though. He already threatened to kill himself when they first broke up and I know he has the means. I don't know this chick that well and part of me just wants to say f*ck it and dip out. A big part actually...

Other vent: dating a new chick and her ex is being a total dbag. Calls almost 50 times a day sometimes, often more than once in the same minute (she doesn't answer). You guys ever deal with this BS? I'm not sure what my move should be. Part of me wants to say something to him but I've been staying out of it so far.

just take the high road, man. he wants you to look like a fool. she'll think highly of you and eventually he'll go away.

we had a similar thing happen as you, with regards to goalie... except these guys wanted to dance around the issue that their goalie was late.... they asked us to change our jerseys because they conflicted (they had plaid we had white). we ended up waiting a few minutes to be fair, and they weren't all that appreciative.

That's how I've been approaching it so far. I basically try to stay out of it and not sweat it too much. This kid is a little off his rocker though. He already threatened to kill himself when they first broke up and I know he has the means. I don't know this chick that well and part of me just wants to say f*ck it and dip out. A big part actually...

Since you say "kid" I'm going to guess you're talking about high school or college age. If you decide to dip out, I would strongly suggest letting a school counselor and the other guy's parents know what is going on. Perhaps even the girls parents as well. To do this, you must end things with the chick on good terms and you must be the one to walk away. It's not the easiest way, but the right thing rarely is.

If you stick with the chick, I would still consider letting the same people know what is going on, but there is a good chance that things will blow up with the chick if you go down this road. In any event, the way to handle it is to express concern for the mental condition of the other guy without making it look like you are just jealous. He could need medication, counseling or a swift kick in the ass but that's up to someone else.

I'm 26, I think he's a couple years younger.

Good advice anyway though. I think I might just bail. This chick isn't that hot and I really don't need the hassle.

Edited by sitzlejd

I'm 26, I think he's a couple years younger.

Good advice anyway though. I think I might just bail. This chick isn't that hot and I really don't need the hassle.

It's hard for me to remember age ranges on here and don't want to give age inappropriate advice. When I was 26 I would have asked what he was waiting for, I've mellowed a bit since then.

Airline is charging $50 each way for my hockey bag, $100 each way for my 2 sticks. Unreal...

You should be able to ship all your shit in a big box for less than that easy. Especially the sticks. IF that is an option. Even shipping them one way and flying them back would be better.

Waiiit...

What airline are you flying?

Oversize bags. Put them in regular size bags and those fees go down quickly.

Oversize bags. Put them in regular size bags and those fees go down quickly.

damn good idea.

as for the sticks... sounds like a good excuse to buy new ones. fedex them home, when you're done.

We go down 6-1 in our game tonight, and I get pissed, slap my stick against the glass. No slammed, not broke, it was basically a stiff tap. Ref laughs at me while he sends me to the box for 10.

Nope - he's good, hockey bags count as checked in bags because it is sporting goods.

This is the part you have to watch.

Maximum weight/size

50 pounds/62 linear inches

Many hockey bags will exceed the 62 linear inches. It all depends on how anal they want to be at the check-in counter but at least it will only be $25 each way if you have a smaller bag.

Oh, I've got that covered. Let's just hope its a female attendant. Haha.

You better hope it's a regional subsidiary, most of the United flight attendants are old enough to be your mother.

On a less pleasant note, I found out today that my grandfather has bladder cancer.

You better hope it's a regional subsidiary, most of the United flight attendants are old enough to be your mother.

Promise? My mom is 43 - I've done 42. She was divorced with kids (which was a little weird). It.....was.....awesome. Only complaint was that I had to get up and get to the rink the next morning before I could talk her into making me breakfast.